Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The infamous "Lag Spike", server disconnects, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't wanna make new topic so I'll ask on this.

I've just downloaded PL from app store. Wanna start Play but every time when I connect to server I'm disconnecting after 10 sec. I turned off everything what admin mention in this post, I'm trying play over my 3G, ping between 100-300 but still I'm disconnecting even with ping 100. On wi-fi everything is ok, just 3G doesn't work. And mostly I have time to play over my 3G than wi-fi, any ideas what can fix that?

iPhone 4 not jailbroken,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intermittent lag spikes

I have been getting terrible lag spikes these past few days as well. I have been playing this game for about two weeks, and the first week or so was perfectly fine until recently. The problem gets bad for me in dungeons or while viewing CS - every time i enter a room I might lag and the ping shoots up to several thousand or sometimes even 5 digit (roughly 20sec or so of "freeze"), then everything fast forwards and I resume normal ping, only to find the room has been cleared now. The same repeats for virtually every room. I ask around in the game and I get some similar responses from other players as well, but not everyone. Also the lag seems to be during a fixed time of the day.

Just posting this in the hope that the devs would take note of this issue and hopefully be able to resolve it. It is very frustrating.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I keep getting kicked/force closed at any time, anywhere for what ever reason. Game is now unplayable. SG SII

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah sometime lag them I turn my iPhone off and on and work good

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sometimes i suffer a huge lag spike and kicks, sometimes it doesn't - but usually does. Sometimes it just kicks without lag spike. Normally when in a group doing a mission.
    SG S2. The temp of it's cpu used to get very hot (50c) and i thought it was cpu but it doesn't even last long enough for cpu to hit 40c.
    Should I delete it/ uninstall then re-install? It worked fine on my ipad but i had to sell it. Dont understand why it wont work properly on a better device. Must not be as good a device as reviews said.

Does anyone else have a SGS2 and what software do you have that might cause or prevent this?
    Great game, need my fix!!
    Last edited by Drzak; 07-21-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

kicked in dungeon for no reason, no ping spike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

uninstalled then re-installed, latest patch. Kicked in dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default stil getting high ping, death count going up

I shut every thing down and still get the ping going up, then the screen freezes, slows down, doesn't show npc's ect.. next thing I know I'm dead. I can deal with the stalls just not the deaths. How can I prevent this, and what exactly is ping?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just tried again, worked like a dream for 1/2 an hour but then force closed, real shame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Huge Thanks!

I am so happy I joined the forums!!!!
    I have just recently found some people that are great to play with and I feel horrible because I get a huge lag and see ping going nuts and when it goes back to normal everyone is way ahead or dead. Then I apologize and quit the game. This is a huge help and so far so good. I can enjoy this
    amazing game again!!!!! I knew it had to be some kind of settings on my phone. I rarely get it on ipad which has no push settings enabled as it is a family toy for my wife and son as well as myself.
    For everyone that put time into this many many thanks!!!!!
    I am going to go kill something.
    lol

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This is what i experienced in Star Legends.

Name:  sardau.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  64.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I have serious lagg issue, it started during nuris it was not that bad but mt fang comes out it started to get bad, my ping always jumps and i froze a lot, in pve or pvp even tough ping is low i will see it get stuck for a few sec if the fight is intense, and teleport is common thing, for instant in PVP or CTF the player was far and i was about to buff and attack and than boom i was dead and sometimes chasing other players to make a kill even tough i was really close and release everything i have its have no affect or it disappears seeing it already far away, even the auto is not on during attack, tried everything to disable anything that could cause ping spike in my ipad 2 and samsung galaxy note, but still that didn't work, i use 3G with up to 7.2Mbps speed data access plan, signal is good and i use it only for playing Pocket Legends, hope to find a solution for this problem, im in asia in a small country call Brunei, is it the distance of the signal travel causing the problem or just my internet sucks, but still i exploring out other option to solve the problem.

Pocket legends Rocks and i can't have enough of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why I pay this game is so so so~~ LAG, the ping is not high, ping is 4XX~8XX, but when I playing the game, anything is lag.
    not only I play this is LAG, but also my girlfriend, too.
    i cant understand why the server is very BAD!
    but I have to say, its a good game, few weeks ago, I dont meet the "LAG", its happened in last week till today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am having a horrible disconnection problem. I have been trying to get on my pl. Account with my original E-mail but it'll load up to my character only. If I do anything at all, it immediately says disconnected or it'll go straight back to the log in button. It let me play sometime yesterday, but it started disconnecting again. So I decided to investigate the situation. I created. A new E-mail account and it's been working perfect. No disconnection. But I go back to my main E-mail and still get disconnections. I think I'm being hacked but I'm not sure. I'm waiting for another playable time so I can accept on all 3 characters on that E-mail as a friend to see if someone is hacking me.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletDagger View Post
    I am having a horrible disconnection problem. I have been trying to get on my pl. Account with my original E-mail but it'll load up to my character only. If I do anything at all, it immediately says disconnected or it'll go straight back to the log in button. It let me play sometime yesterday, but it started disconnecting again. So I decided to investigate the situation. I created. A new E-mail account and it's been working perfect. No disconnection. But I go back to my main E-mail and still get disconnections. I think I'm being hacked but I'm not sure. I'm waiting for another playable time so I can accept on all 3 characters on that E-mail as a friend to see if someone is hacking me.

You should change your email and your password on the original account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    You should change your email and your password on the original account
    I'm trying but no matter where I go or what I do it keeps disconnecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is evident the server is suffering lag issues.

It is time you spend some money upgrading your servers. How can my ping cannot be consistent when I play other games, the ping is also at that range MINUS the spikes (which happen very often on PL). SL I get it on and off but PL was the worst. I can say very surely it is the server issue.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boey View Post
    It is evident the server is suffering lag issues.

It is time you spend some money upgrading your servers. How can my ping cannot be consistent when I play other games, the ping is also at that range MINUS the spikes (which happen very often on PL). SL I get it on and off but PL was the worst. I can say very surely it is the server issue.
    I agree because with me having stable 135-284 ping i shouldnt feel like im lagging and it only jump to the 300s not even red ping and it freezes and crashes sometimes in pve and pvp its getting rediculous im not gonna pay money for plat to level to 71 if i get some weird lag spike and freeze and it crashes no id rather buy a hat or shoes for $50

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump