Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The infamous "Lag Spike", server disconnects, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys!

I been experiencing lag issues for quite sometime now. In the beginning I didnt have any lag at all (well less than 300). but since I think 2 patches ago I've been getting painful lag spikes.

I normally don't post these things on forums but what happened to me couple of days ago takes the cake. I didn't believe it at first but i make a SS of it just in case...so here it is:

If the image doesn't open well it was a ping of 95.776!!

I read this thread I did what it said and now I have a constant ping 700 - 2k+

I'm on a iPhone 4. I also read that others have problems on iphone 4 while playing but not on other devices.

Does anyone (or dev team) know more and have an idea on how to fix this? No point for me to spend money on packs and stuff if i have this kinda of lag.
    Last edited by Bboi; 12-03-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. there isn't a decimal place in lag.
    2. Lag is very common.
    4. How is this a technical issue?
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys new to here.

Vie been playing around with this a bit as I have issues with lag spikes pretty bad.

I've got an iPhone 3GS running latest firmware and an iPad also running latest firmware. With the 3GS I'm getting a constant and stable 200 average ping which runs the game fine. This is on my home network (wifi) and have tried on another network too with no issues. On it's own 3G connection I get about 400 ping which still runs the game fine.

On the iPad however, on my home network, I get massive lag spikes with the ping racing around between 200 and 2500 which is making the game almost unplayable. What is interesting to note is that if I tether the 3G connection from my iPhone to my iPad, I get a stable ping of 400 on the iPad. I've played around with settings on both the iPhone and iPad which have made no difference. I've even tried messing about with the router at home and even setting the iPad in the DMZ. Still no joy.

So, question is... Why does the iPad get a fairly ok ping using a 3G connection sent from my iPhone, yet is awful on any wifi?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bladesword View Post
    They're obviously from Europe. They use their commas and periods completely backwards from us.

95.776,00 in EU = 95,776.00 in the US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2nd generation iTouch here, get lagspikes a LOT. Will try setting my push notifications to of and update this

Add: Well, i turned it of and played a game or so. No lagspikes except a few small ones (just up to 3k ping then down again).
    Last edited by Wysee; 12-14-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Wysee - Lvl 50 Int Enchantress
    Wysee - Lvl 13 Int Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I first started playing, everything was fine. Then about a few days in, I'd maybe experience one lag spike a gaming session. Now I'm constantly running in to lag spikes of 30-60K ping average. This is resulting in alot of deaths, and alot of wasted times and potions. I just purchased the holiday pack, and I've tried 3 times to play through it. Died twice from lag and left last time out of pure frustration. What a waste of potion and time
    Treunadaz - Lvl 27 | Mage [Created 12/12/10]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why i cant play PL untill now. im using ipod touch 8 gb. and use wifi connection, and my last update not like this. can someone give me solution? already try reinstall about 3 times, already turn off push option. and my wifi connection is good. thanks for your understanding because im level 50 now and need level to 55

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone have an idea how i turn off this push
    1) Email push enabled
    2) Push notifications enabled
    3) Other applications that require network access

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my ipod 4g running latest fireware 16gb with everything disabled in settings besides wifi i still get 7-70k ping lag and my internet works like a charms i dont get why i still lagg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We are finally able to reproduce the intermittent lag spike problems in-house. What it required was a more social developer (Facebook, email push, push notifications, etc.) whose device would encounter these problems over 3G or Wifi for us to be able to track it down.

We compared devices, ran a few tests, and determined that any one of the following could interrupt your network connection to Pocket Legends thereby affecting game play:

1) Email push enabled
    2) Push notifications enabled
    3) Other applications that require network access (eg. internet music streaming)
    4) Other applications running simultaneously
    5) Poor network connection
    6) Incorrectly configured router if playing over Wifi

With 1-4 disabled, there were no lag spikes when playing on the devices that had them previously, 3G or Wifi.

Pocket Legends requires a constant, stable internet connection. If your device is doing anything other than playing Pocket Legends (and it may be doing other things based on how you have configured other applications), you may encounter what appears to be slow performance, or high ping.

-ALS
    you forgot one if you lock an i device while playing pl you unlock and you can get disconnected or lag extremly badly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have an Iphone4 and have been getting very long lags and been unable to access at all this pm. Useless!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I get those crazy lag spikes on my TMobile MyTouch 4G (Android 2.2.1); whether or not I use my WIFI.

I have all Push/Sync/Location Services turned off and I can not seem to figure it out.

I connect to the same WIFI on my Ipod Touch and do not have any issues.

Is anyone out there who is having the same problem and has solved it?

please, please let me know - thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalio View Post
    yeah, got too IPADS and disabled the facebook model and has worked pretty flawlessly. Also disable un-needed option in the router like VPN and voip/multimedia streams ports that are enabled by default... most folks don't do that. Also make sure you have the latest firmware and that you are not responding to pings on the outside nic of your router.... heheeheh all this from a Network Tech......
    i am on impad most of the time some lag has occured recentley.. Nice work devs on informing... Great idea Ruselio just asked my boy wonder he face plamed and said of course! Lol he said thak that dude it was so simple i knew that!!! Lol lol lol
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Ping?

Every now and again at least 5 times a week, i would say something and my little chat bubble wouldnt come up and my ping would rise to around 2000 which at that point i decided to just sit back and watch expecting me to die if/when the ping lowered..
    The ping would rise to insanely high numbers so i might end the appilication or if im feeling in a good mood, just watch how high it goes.
    Anyways, it usually rises to around 60k but a few days ago, the game decided to go kamekazi on me and shoot to 120k!
    Then the ping froze and i was thinking good it finally stopped and then a thing came up saying that i was disconnected to the server..After that i just laughed and thought of how high the ping can actually go..
    I wonder if i broke some kind of record of slow gaming..
    Anyways, i had all of the other internet stuff turned off and i was wondering if there is anything i could do to prevent that from happening because all like 15 of my deaths were caused from that
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a 120k lag spike probably means you had no way of coming back from it, as that's as high as it goes. You lost internet somehow, and it was bad enough to not be regained. I think most services try to reconnect after a minute of failed sends, which explains the 60k.

I ping at 2500 when I get texts and go up to 10k when my phone syncs...
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

High pings are back these last two days. Ping jumps around and excessive lag are making it difficult to play. Ping will finally jump over 100k and disconnect me. Once I get back on I only have partial sound sometimes very little sound at all. I am wondering if the sound and the lag have something to do with the other. This morning I played with no lag at all. After lunch it was unplayable.
    Last edited by davidis57; 06-01-2011 at 12:15 AM.
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've only been playing for a few days and i'm lucky if I can get ten minutes without being lagged to death or kicked. It won't put me off because the game is just too much fun but it's a bit of a shame. Maybe it's for the best sometimes as the hours can fly by but I do hope it gets sorted soon.(GS ll)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Makes sense... I'm going to try it today

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I still keep getting kicked. I'm wondering if it's coz i'm using a Galaxy S 2 and perhaps the next patch may address it. I'm not moaning as a freeloader as I buy platinum but please try and fix this devs. You've put so much hard work in to an amazing game....

GRIAZEHOS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bladesword View Post
    2. Lag is very common.
    4. How is this a technical issue?
    It's not just about lag, some of us keep getting kicked constantly and have fast phones. I tried to play yesterday for about 4 hours and out of that got about 20 mins. I buy platinum so i'm not a whinging freeloader I just want to play this great game.