Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: <Guide> How to get gold if you are unwealthy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default <Guide> How to get gold if you are unwealthy

Hi, My IGN is Sceazikua (I say this instead of my forum name which is my gmail also) and Im here to give you advice about how to make gold because not everyone is wealth (like me ). My original post is here, and though it didnt stick to the topic of the guide contest it got some positive replies so now I decided to put it in public, especially when Bard's songs are revamped now

This is just a little knowledge of me for making money This is only the small money that everyone can enjoy, especially the ones that are not wealthy, not the elite farming ones that require skills and time Another good thing is that these are not very much harmful to your device (phone or ipad) comparing to the bigger farming.

1.Kraag Canons
    Firstly I want to tell why I choose this as first section. It is because this has always been an underated spot in the game. It has been considered not good a gold farming place, but this is only because you dont know how to farm effectively!

Have you ever wondered why they put there a knockback after firing a canon, then think that it is to prevent you from farming it all day at a same spot, later then you rage quit it thinking STS doesnt want people to get gold from these? knockback is there for a reason - to find out who can farm it effectively, not mindlessly run towards a canon then fire it all day! Ill give some screenshots to show that

A thing you must do here is standing a little bit closer to the left (or right) canon.
    Sorry for changing the position, but some others came while I was taking screenshot so I cant take screenshots there anymore In this screenshot you can see me firing the canon below.

I was closer to that canon, so I fired that canon. Then the canon knocked me back so im closer to the canon above. I just need to click on the golden hand button again and I can fire that canon. Then that canon above knocked me back to the below one, and then the below knocked me to the above, and ... and endless knocking after firing the other canon, the canon you have just fired 2 seconds ago will be ready!

The only problem is that the canons wont knock you back in a straight line, so there will probaly be a fireback after firing approximately 10 canons when you are too far from a canon. But these canons are also near to the spawning spot in Kraag, so walking back when backfired is not a problem There is also a way to avoid backfire, by knowing that backfire will happen when you are too far or too close to the canon. If you feel neccessary, walk a little bit and you may avoid backfire!
    This Kind of making money is not the most effective out there, gold rate is quite slow, but it is free, fun, and requires no skills or moving like farming, so why not give it a try?

2.Daily Quests
    I think most of you are too familiar to these daily quests, and wondering why am I talking about this super original thing. Well I see there are some quests that are on a line, and you can complete 2 or 3 quests in 1 or 2 map! I will show you my routine of daily quests everyday!

First series is The City of the Dead. I will go to Kraag, take Noxxar's, Baldur's quests. Then go to the tavern for Dimitrus' and Karin's quests.
    Dimitrus' quest is Silk Stalker, and requires you to kill Antee in Lost Mage's Mine. So this is why you should go to Lost Mage's mine at first place!
    There are 3 random picked quests from Noxxar that reward you 250 gold :
    +Arty Shardy, Hell bones and: These quests requires you to kill mobs, so they are easy to complete because you will attack mobs on your way to Lost Mage's Mine.
    +Pumpkin Junk: This quest requires you to find 10 pumpkins in Arcanum Grounds, and is actually even easier to complete! On your way to Lost Mage's mine you will see several pumpkins (I dont remember how many there are ), but they are not enough to complete the quest. For more pumpkins, after entering Lost Mage's Mine you should descend to Arcanum Grounds, go find some pumpkins near the entrance and that will be enough to complete quest!
    And Thirdly, There is a quest named Rememberance from Karin that is on your way to Lost Mage's mine too. If you see a grave with big yellow question mark on it, go click on it and a Skeleton Warrior will raise up. Killing this is easy and will reward you an item and 30-40 gold along with 250 gold from the quest.
    How about Black Hearts from Baldur? Though it can we completed everywhere, when you kill mobs in Arcanum you will complete this quest too!
    So in conclusion, you will get about 1300 gold just from running easy normal Arcanum Grounds to Lost Mage's mine. This shouldnt take above 5 minutes for lvl 36's

Second series is at The Land of the stealthy Rogues! On captain Hana Raven's ship named The Dragon's Jewel you can take 2 quests which will reward you 700 gold. First quest is Aegir's Island (not sure if I spell it correctly ), this is a free 200 gold in no more than 10 seconds. Though the place is interesting and the idea of a gold filled island is brilliant, gold drop there is not high, its just like other chests or crates in the other maps, so you should not stay here longer and waste your time, unless you want to Second quest is Monkey's ball which requires you to kill 30 ghost pirates in Ancient Marine Reef. Though this place is hard, the quest should not take more than 5 minutes just to kill 30 pirates. Once you defeated the first ghost shark and his crews, the quest is completed, but remember to take every turn you see!

Third series is The Land of the Shadowy Nott People! Why do I choose this before Nordr, I will tell later in fourth one.There are 3 daily quests Shadow Cleansing, Armor Fragment and Dead Lights. The quests here are pretty straight forward, I think there is no tip for this but running solo is easier and faster because of the lower mobs HP (at least for me). A reminder maybe not to miss the lantern in the second right turning, if you do you will only have 7 lanterns out of 8 (7 of them are obvious out on the way), but if you do miss this lantern you can find a lantern in Shadow Plains near the entrance.

If you clear 1 map and half of the other, the 2 other quests (which are mobs killing) are done too! This is why I would go Shadow Plains first, then to Forest Breach and if I suddenly forgot the last lantern I can go for an easy one in Shadow Plains. And another thing to keep in mind is that the last lantern in Shadow Plains is very close to the the boss Heart Wrath. A lot of people skipped this lantern because they think that it is too close to the boss, but it will be easy to get if you dont attack the boss because the skeletons wont attack you without your offense

Fourth series is The Land of the Frosty Warriors: to me this is the hardest and longest series, so I put them at the bottom of the list There are several quests for you to do:
    -In Jurn Woods there is a man named Grumbel (or Grumble?) that will give you a quest called Light the Path. This quest is kinda long because it needs you to do the whole map and rewards only 200 gold, but it is also good to do so because if you killed Maneater (meh he wont eat you ofcourse) there is a chance to spawn Elite Bael or Krunch idk because I never saw one in this map Defeat the Elite boss to get an elite pink item or maybe a junk if youre unlucky Btw after having lit all the lights you should click on world map, go to Jurn Woods again and you will spawn right at the start immediately.
    -In Stronghold there is a man called Olde Yodeler, if you visit him you will have 4 quests, they will need you to go to Nordia mine and Boulders which are exactly named Tunnels of Valheim and Camp Boulder. Here is the entrance if you didnt see (though you can click on quests tab and click "go to")

Each place will require you to kill 200 mobs there and 10 bosses that are randomly spawned. Both of these are kinda hard, so be careful
    +Camp Boulder: This place has a wolfy boss named Ulfang. The boss is very rare to spawn, so I suggest you not kill 10 of this boss everyday to complete the quest. The boss itself is quite tough too with kinda high movement speed. On the other hand, the mobs here spawn a lot, so it shouldnt take long to reach 200 if you kill them frequently! It is also pretty much fun if you go hunt the boss, which means you dont stay at a spot near the entrance and wait the boss to come but go further and kill mobs.
    +Tunnels of Valheim: This place has the boss Ubermans (meh there is only 1 boss each time he spawns, and he is no uber too ) whose skills are not deadly and slow attack speed. The most annoying enemies here are the spiders with there pushing ability. The mobs wont spawn many, but the boss seems to spawn every 50 mobs killed and though his spawn rate seems to be down now he is still a lot more often spawned than Ulfang.

That seems to be all the dailies series. I always follow the pattern, so approximately the 3 first series take me 15 mins a day to get about 5k gold, and if I want extra I can do Nordr ones. So you can get about 9k gold daily only from easy quests, which is possible for all players.

3.Bard's stories:
    The stories token daily is another underated quest because it requires you to go to different towns and clear maps, but it is worth it!
    So why is that worth it? It is because it is EASY, and you may get 500 gold in 10 mins and 4 story tokens. Lots of people think that 1 and 2 gold dropped here are worthless, but actually thats kinda a lot because it will drop every kill and 2 times drop every chests/barrels cracked. If you want, just get a random pet and clear Skeleton Medly (from Windmoore's Bard) over and over, it may be even faster than the canons! But this is not very much fun. With the story tokens got from these quests, after 50 days you can buy a colton pet that is very good for mage. If you dont need any pet here, you can even buy pots with story token, so take it like free pots awarded for running these daily.
    Since 11/14 :Now the Bard's songs are revamped, it will take you 4 times less the amount of time to do the daily quest! In short words if you didnt know, you can only do 1 bard's song a day and it will give you 10 tokens instead. The Colton is now 500 story tokens, and there is a new worthy pet named Crawly (the spidey ) for 500 token too. The spidey is now a lot more pricy than the old dear Colton because its stat is a lot more superior (25 stat while colton gives only 30 to int but other stats are awesome too) and it is new/rare. So you can make a lot of characters and farm Bard's daily to sell egg, one day you will be rich if you be patient for 50 days each char because it takes only 2 mins to complete the song with a lvl 1x char
    -in Bard's quests, every monster there drops gold, and also are the chests there! If you want you can redo it unlimited times and get as much gold as you need! Though its not effective and time consuming, its an easy task to do! What you need to do is NOT finish the quest and go to another map, then you click on the quest book and click "go to". Its easy!

4.Other tips to make gold
    -Pick up ALL your junks you see on the way. You may think they are junk and they take slots of your inventory, selling 1 of them is worthless, but if you pick up a lot of them you will get a decent amount of gold from liquidating them! For example, each item is 8 gold now for me and even more or less. If I pick up 100 junks that dropped I get 800 gold.
    -If you have luck elixir from Klaas or Shazbot, you can go to Brackenridge village (third map), hunt down Jarls Gruwald (because he is near the entrance) and there will be a chance to reroll a cheap golden chest into a locked Grand Crate of the Watch that is 10k gold by now. But this only seems to work for low levels, when I reached level 36 the Jarl doesnt seem to drop many lockeds any more like at the lower levels. Trust me I got 60 min combo elixir, farm him and Elite version of him all that time and only got junk, only 1 locked. 1 locked in 60 min of 30% reroll, I didnt see many golden chests droped either. At high levels the right place to go maybe Kraken mines 3 because I heard there is a better odd to get locked there and there are 3 bosses.
    -Do merching. This maybe for advanced players but you can try it too, with lower items. Like I saw a lvl 16 Trollbane of Brutality (firy axe of warrior) which is kinda rare now because it is only lower lvls, it is even Brutality which means more damage, in CS (or auction house) for only 15k. I didnt have enough gold on my twink so I tried to sell a locked (which I was keeping to wait for the price to raise ). When Im back some minutes later I saw the axe gone, I felt like scammed Another time I saw a Architect Pylon of Potency lvl 36 (Potency = strengh so it is 41 str 21 int) in CS for only 25k. At first I was checking its look on my mage, and compare stats to the Brutality one (which is 500k in CS at this time) and it is only the 10 damage lost, instead you get 140 more HP. 25k vs 500k and the difference is 10 damage, so I decided to buy it but when Im back 2 mins later, its gone, again ...
    -You should use low level pets that gives movement speed or something that you think is good to help you in your easy place farming! Remember not to feed your pets, use "play" that is available every 15 minutes instead and switch pets around and that will save a lot of your gold on high levels I myself prefer Frost over all for those easy places with her cool passive slow and hits in small AOE, while her arcane ability is huge AOE slow too and cool visual effect, she also gives 15 int and 5% movement speed as happiness bonus too!
    -If you are not leaning towards farming for bigger elite maps, I would suggest you not put points in your Healing spells (Horn of renew, Lifegiver, Medical Packs) and save money that you use to buy potions. It is very useful to do this, because a heal skill will heal you completely if you build mainstream (max your main attribute), which will take 3 pots to heal completely and you may not die in 1 or 2 hit in normal maps so healing skills are good enough But if you do want to go farm elites, you should put all on defensive or offensive skills and use pots if you are not warrior.
    -For gear you should use lower items at first, dont really buy the ones that only gives several damage or armor more. For example (on 11/16) the Hellish armors and helms are very cheap but will give you all you need for your char because most of them will give extra stat points on your primary attribute (like I bought my level 36 armor and helm for under 1k gold and it gives 40> int and 20> dex) (on 12/14) the Tarlok gears came to AL! I assume its the best legendary gear up to now, and due to a reason it is very cheap (though its hard to find). Its stat is kinda like the hellish ones (got from Halloween) I mentioned, but it has some damage added too! The assault ones for Warriors and mages beast with 4.4 damage added!
    -About locked merching, which I learned recently, can get you a decent amount of gold if you take time in the CS! I often buy locked for 10k or 11k, then put it back for about 12.5k and earn about 1k gold each! Its easy. (on 12/21) Everyone has gone frenzy for locks because the plat sale comes! It is around 17k in cs on the day!

5.Unlimited gold from chests/vases!
    -When you walk around on the way you may find chests. If you go for a solo party, it will drop around 10 gold each! The more players the less it drops. So what you need to do is find easy-to-get chests alone! Ive got a place where you can find it. Its the ELITE Arcanum Grounds! Lets take a look:

As you can see there are 2 groups of vases and a gold chest. If you keep getting in LMM and then go out and in and out and so on, the map will reset and there will always be new chests! When you break the vase, you will have chance of around 10 gold, same amount gold goes for the chest but the chest ALWAYS gives gold! Also, the chest I believe is same as you kill a monster (to explain is very long but ill make it short: the game reminds me of Diablo II for everything, which is the game I love; in D2 when you open a chest or break vases, it is the same as when you kill a simple monster, but it takes nothing just like in AL), so you will have the chance for extra essence, or if you reroll an epic gear you will get locked crate! Also the extra junks you got from the chest may be sold for around 5 gold too! This way will cost you no potion, and you can repeat countless time, so why not?
    Important note: you cant do this in normal because when you do so you will get on the same map, which means the vases and chest will not be there after you broke them the first time. On Elite when you break the vase the timer will start so you wont get same map!

My words to you: PATIENCE IS ONE OF THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO GO TO BE RICH

That seems like all I can say, hope you enjoyed!

THE END.

Last edited by Sceazikua; 12-21-2013 at 03:59 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Very nice, you must put alot of time in this.
    Why have fancy and complex signature when you can have a plain and simple one?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Urm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Ty! Actually I have only been thinking about this topic of what I am going to say for more than a week in my free time (mostly bed time ), writing down takes a lot less time

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Awesome guide!

Very informative and organized.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spyce For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Lol, you might want to scribble over Jayquam's statement in your first picture. This guy gets online and does this every day. This is the reason that some sort of player mods are still necessary in my opinion. I don't think /report is even being payed attention to at all. But I apologize for changing directions on your post here. I like the attention to detail and the effort you put into it.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sokpuppet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I still dont get your point in the post because I dont know about Jayquam and what his statement is sr
    I just thought up about pets. I always used Frost for his movement speed in daily maps but I forgot to mention this It will be faster and more economical to use lower level pets that provide movement speed in places that are not hard because you dont need to feed them or spend lots of money on high pets either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Great job on this guide
    Last edited by IAmHanjackson; 11-15-2013 at 10:40 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IAmHanjackson For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Ummmm hahaha look at his message box in first pic. What the heck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to karrdath For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Wow, nice!!!

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

wow u have a lot of patience! great job, i like the guide. and i like how u r so positive with all the smilelys

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Saribeau For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karrdath View Post
    Ummmm hahaha look at his message box in first pic. What the heck!
    yeah i see that guy sometimes. he yells that for hours and hours. 1 time i went afk and he came into the same town and when i got back it was just that 400 times.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Saribeau For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Great job also very instructive guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I am proud to have you in our guild Scea! May I link this post from our main guild page?

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

You can do whatever you want to it, its my honor
    Honestly I didnt think this will be seen so good at the start because I thought those methods do not make big money I posted because I thought it's unique things that people may have forgoten And though I posted a gold farming guide, Im as poor as you cant imagine from the post, for example I dont even have leprechaunt amulet which I think will take me forever to get, especially when Im even pure unlucky when I dont get many locked now from Jarl I havent tried KM3 yet because I have no reroll while Shazbot and Klaas give all pots or tokens But Im improving myself, I got 14 locked now (sold 2 already so now 12 ) and just got my level 36 Architect Pylon of potency (which Im going to use untill I have mythic because I dont really mind the 10 damage between potency and brutality ) for 33k in CS yesterday, so now I think I can go farming better with a new look on my hand
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 11-15-2013 at 11:51 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsdafda View Post
    Honestly I didnt think this will be seen so good at the start because I thought those methods do not make big money I posted because I thought it's unique things that people may have forgoten
    not forgotten, just time consuming.like the cannons. all day shooting and getting 1k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Yea it is time consuming, and it is fun too, its also free and less harmful to the device But I know it is only a theory. in real noone will ever go to the canons and shoot them all days because the farming is more attractive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

How to effectively farm the Kraag Cannons is what sold this guide to me.

+1

28. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsdafda View Post
    Honestly I didnt think this will be seen so good at the start because I thought those methods do not make big money I posted because I thought it's unique things that people may have forgoten And though I posted a gold farming guide, Im as poor as you cant imagine from the post, for example I dont even have leprechaunt amulet which I think will take me forever to get, especially when Im even pure unlucky when I dont get many locked now from Jarl I havent tried KM3 yet because I have no reroll while Shazbot and Klaas give all pots or tokens But Im improving myself, I got 12 locked now (sold 2 already ) and just got my level 36 Architect Pylon of potency (which Im going to use untill I have mythic because I dont really mind the 10 damage between potency and brutality ) for 33k in CS yesterday, so now I think I can go farming better with a new look on my hand
    Buddy, although your post is very informative, the second reason why I want to link it from our page is that it perfectly reflects the philosophy of our guild - people don't need fancy gear and spend thousands of bucks to have fun in this game!!!

GM at <Elite Runners>

30. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Jayquam: I HAVE INFECTED WARTS ON MY P3NIS!!!

Patrik: Medic!

Lulz have been delivered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Ty KingMartin (or Queenotshade ). I think its very true for me because Im enjoying the game
    Now I noticed the chat messages in my first screenshot, didnt know it there Thanks