Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrades Official Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Upgrades Official Feedback Thread

Please use this thread to post your feedback about the Upgrade system added in Arcane Legends version 1.0.9. For more information about the Upgrade System, please see this announcement post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Arcane-Legends!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I. Initial Thoughts:
    Crafting is out! So, the crafting system is perfect, honestly. There's enough of a balance between looting the gems or buying them with platinum that it is worth the effort. Honestly, it was a pretty well done update with a few kinks that require working out. The platinum cost for upgrading is shocking, even for a customer that pays a high amount of platinum.

II. Upgrading Problems:

1. Unable to wear gear that is in the process of being upgraded.
    2. Cannot upgrade all 3 slots at once, making it a 3 step process. Even for plat users, they feel the burn.
    3. Extremely low chance at a superior gem.

III. Addressing the Effects of Problems:

• For #1, there is many problems. First of all, this is a video game. By not enabling players to wear the gear they are upgrading, you're basically forcing them off your own game! Now, I am sure that was not the intended effect of the upgrade process. The three step process of 8 hours, 1 day, and 2 days results in a total of 3 days and 8 hours to fully upgrade one item. What is essentially done is STG has basically given players an "in-game ban" by not letting us use our gear. How are we supposed to play?

• For #2, this is where the nickel & dime-ing begins. Now, I am sure STG as a company wants to leave customers satisfied. The way that this is set up, you are basically nickel and dime-ing platinum customers to fully upgrade. Isn't 16, then 48, then 96 platinum which totals out to be 160 platinum for one item a bit much? Of course, this isn't even the best that you can get as the superior gem chance is very very low.

• For #3, the low chance at a superior gem will leave both the non-plat and platinum users unsatisfied. Why? Well, platinum users will get sick and tired of paying obscene amounts of platinum for a superior upgrade & it will leave a bad taste in their mouth. Non-plat users? There's another 12 hours on each of not being able to use the items.

IV. Solutions for Upgrading Problems

• For #1, what you can do is allow all 3 slots to be upgraded at once for the cost of 3 days. This way, a player can either take the bite once or wait it out.

• For #2, just charge platinum users a flat out rate! Nickel and dime-ing customers will only leave a very bad taste in their mouth.

• For #3, I would say to remove the chance at a superior gem or make the superior gem the only one that can be crafted. It's been proven with Grimm eggs that platinum users and non-plat users alike would just prefer a flat out, to the point way of getting what they want. Not everybody like gambling & the way this system is set up, it forces them to gamble.

Just some feedback, I hope it's useful!

~Zeus
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-18-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Upgrades Official Feedback Thread

I like it a lot. This is my feedback for the entire update,
    Why I like it:
    -Not too rare of essence drops
    -Won't make PvP lean towards one class/weapon anymore
    -Sub-classes (tanks, support, dps based) can be even more effective with stat boosting gems.

Thanks for the update STS!
    Satisfaction rating from me: 10/10

EDIT: Didn't realize there were 2 separate threads.. I'll repost this to both since this is my feedback for the whole update.
    Last edited by Worship; 11-18-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

@ Zeus .....absolute +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I actually enjoy the game with the many item drops. Makes farming for essence fun and doable. I wouldn't want a drop rate that's like hunting for shards of mythic armor upgrade! The way it is has injected quite a bit of spending gold for all players! Fix it a bit, but please don't make essences drop once in a blue moon!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Worship View Post
    -Not too rare of essence drops
    That's an understatement! I farmed for 2-3 hours yesterday and got about 170 essences. They might as well give you one each time you fire the cannons in Kraag.

Why even make them a farmed item then? Just put a button on everyone's screen that says "get essence" and each time you press it you get one.

Sorry to be a bit sarcastic, but if they are so easy to get, then they will soon have little value. I don't see who would spend 10 plat to get a gem when you can get 10 essences in about 5 minutes of farming. And what's really the point of crafting if every single player will have crafted sets? We don't really need more character customization as we already all have different skills, skill upgrades, stat builds, and gear, and there are so many variations to choose from.

I liked crafting in PL when you had to really farm hard for the crafting stuff, and crafting your glyph set to demonic could take months of work, or millions of gold. But this crafting seems rather pointless and just a tedious task we now must do just because everyone else will be doing it and we must in order to stay competitive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Copy all that Zeus said. The point that hurts the most is the unequip. I'm lucky enough to have a fully geared alt, but if I didn't I wouldn't be playing for roughly a week other than to pop in and start the next upgrade.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Pls make eggs available to sell in inventory. Im full off esteban, deary and other eggs. And gift it to newbies in windmoore isnt a solution at all.

IGN: ERIANA, ERIANU, ERIANO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    That's an understatement! I farmed for 2-3 hours yesterday and got about 170 essences. They might as well give you one each time you fire the cannons in Kraag.

Why even make them a farmed item then? Just put a button on everyone's screen that says "get essence" and each time you press it you get one.

Sorry to be a bit sarcastic, but if they are so easy to get, then they will soon have little value. I don't see who would spend 10 plat to get a gem when you can get 10 essences in about 5 minutes of farming. And what's really the point of crafting if every single player will have crafted sets? We don't really need more character customization as we already all have different skills, skill upgrades, stat builds, and gear, and there are so many variations to choose from.

I liked crafting in PL when you had to really farm hard for the crafting stuff, and crafting your glyph set to demonic could take months of work, or millions of gold. But this crafting seems rather pointless and just a tedious task we now must do just because everyone else will be doing it and we must in order to stay competitive.
    Really?

I tried for abt 4 hours yesterday and got 15, couldnt even made a single gem...

and there is not much difference between players when it comes to gear and skills for each class, so there is nothing bad when everyones is going to have a crafted set and more customization.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think that everyone is going to "customize" the same way. Sorcerers will add 3 INT gems to each item, rogues will add DEX and warriors will add STR. We already have ways to add these stats in our regular build stat points. How many players don't go 100% pure? Not many. In the end this won't add any variety.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 11-19-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: changed slightly to make it your opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Please put out that Superior Gem thing and instead give us a bonus for full Slots.

And please lower the Plat costs and time for 2nd and 3rd Slot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Everyone is going to "customize" the same way. Sorcerers will add 3 INT gems to each item, rogues will add DEX and warriors will add STR. We already have ways to add these stats in our regular build stat points. How many players don't go 100% pure? Not many. In the end this won't add any variety.
    I've been thinking it over and I think that Superior gems will be the "crafted" and normal gems will become the norm. While that's not so bad, it's still an annoyance.

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Everyone is going to "customize" the same way. Sorcerers will add 3 INT gems to each item, rogues will add DEX and warriors will add STR. We already have ways to add these stats in our regular build stat points. How many players don't go 100% pure? Not many. In the end this won't add any variety.
    Everyone? Hmm, I don't know about it. It sounds like a sweeping over-generalization. I can understand that it's your opinion.

To give you some actual data, right now it looks like Blood gems are the most popular, more so than the distribution of classes. So, it appears that everyone isn't going just pure sorc=int, rogue=dex, war=str and are adding STR more on average.

It's really too early to draw hard conclusions. We'll watch and see how things shake out. It's a big system, after all
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Everyone? Hmm, I don't know about it. It sounds like a sweeping over-generalization. I can understand that it's your opinion.

To give you some actual data, right now it looks like Blood gems are the most popular, more so than the distribution of classes. So, it appears that everyone isn't going just pure sorc=int, rogue=dex, war=str and are adding STR more on average.

It's really too early to draw hard conclusions. We'll watch and see how things shake out. It's a big system, after all
    I agree with this.
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Maybe later in the game they will add more gems (+2%dmg, crit, dodge etc...) Its day two...give it a chance.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I hope you guys are reading the feedback and tweaking some stuff soon. As it stands im not putting any gems into my gear. id rather stay with my mythics without extra bonuses rather then use pinks or not play at all =[. For now. Im gonna just sell all the gems i get until you guys decide to either lower the timer or make it so you can still use your equip while upgrading just no bonus til the timer hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The one big issue I see is with the essences being locked to your character. This is fine for the plat spenders who don't mind / can afford to buy space. However, players with limited inventory will now be forced to stop hunting when their crafting slots are full. You can not enter a zone with a full inventory, and when you get essences most runs, that is going to fill up the smaller inventories fast, leaving those players grounded. Not very good for encouraging gameplay.

I suggest having essences tradeable and gems character-bound, if this trade-limiting must be done. Then at least people would have a way to ditch their extras without coming in at a loss. (Currently you can liquidate your essences - but they are worth 0, which seems like a penalty for anyone not able to buy more inventory room. I am not sure if it liquidates all of that kind, or if you can choose how many - didn't want to risk a stack for the info.)

Either that or make the essences not take up inventory slots, or a partial fix would be to allow 5 crafting AND 5 upgrading slots, not 5 total. But this last would not fix the problem of players ending up grounded with essence overload.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This.

If people go max damage and everyone goes max damage, they will realize that they don't have enough health too survive. The only class that wins out in this regard is warrior, but even they need mana.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

A few counter pints to the ones made above:

1. The length of time between crafting/upgrading is a good thing. Individuals are use to the "immediacy" of crafting from other Legends titles and need to understand that change is good. From reading the forums, I see constantly how things should be different from the other STG games, yet the first time people have to be patient, references/comparisons begin. The option to pay plat to speed up the process exists, as does the option to wait. No one forces you to spend plat to speed up the crafting so why should "regular" plat spenders get prefferentialtreatment? Patience is a good thing.

2. The drop rate. As a non-plat, non-Leprichan (sp?) user, the drop rate seems to be about right for essences. We need to remember, the essences are only the beginning phase and not the final product. They may drop like mana, but when you can only craft 5 at a time/5 hour period (not including spending plat), then the drop rate is more than beneficial. This allows a player to farm more whle waiting. BTW, I recieved about 20-25 in a couple hours of farming: not a lot for the amount of time played.

3. There was mention above about "losing variety." Please explain to me how we lose variety with crafting? The way I see it, playershave limitless opportunities to craft the item they desire. For instance, a Mythic/Arcane weapon has three slots. This means the weapon can have added strength x3, strength x2 and dex x1, and so on. Seems to me a lot of variety is to be seen in all aspects of the game based on your playstyle. This basically has the effect of adding an additional pet, if you will.

4. Superior bonded gems. As mentioned above, there is a lot of complaining about the high drop rate of essences, however, there is also an issue with the extreme rarity of the superior bonded gems. Maybe, just maybe, this is the aspect STS wanted to have that "rarity" in. This also piggy backs on the discussion of variety. Not everyone is going to get the items he/she wants immediately. The rarity allows for... patience. In my opinion, this is an excellent update. I love the real world feel of having to wait to use the gear you craft. Pretty sure during Medevil Period, extra silver/gold didn't speed up a blacksmith's forging process. Time and patience brought about the best weaponry.

Excellent creativity, STG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Correct, that is why I said, 'not too rare', because they aren't rare at all yet they are in the Epic category. The essence should be greens and gems be purple. And also, the deva are aware that the drops are out of control, and I read that is was supposed to be like that for a test. If I can find the thread I'll post it.
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.