Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrades Official Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I, for one, am excited by the variety this will bring. I'll add gems to various items as needed. For instance, if there's a ring I've wanted to use because of the str and int but haven't because of low damage I'll add the dex gems to it. I like the option to customize gear to be what I want it to be.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    I, for one, am excited by the variety this will bring. I'll add gems to various items as needed. For instance, if there's a ring I've wanted to use because of the str and int but haven't because of low damage I'll add the dex gems to it. I like the option to customize gear to be what I want it to be.
    Exactly!! A far wider variety of rings and amulets for example are looking desirable right now because I will be able to add the stat that usually I would have had to sacrifice to use that item.

In fact contrary to what has been said before I'm hoping this will definitely add some more variety in the way players are geared and specced because of this new extra way to get stats on our characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Everyone? Hmm, I don't know about it. It sounds like a sweeping over-generalization. I can understand that it's your opinion.

To give you some actual data, right now it looks like Blood gems are the most popular, more so than the distribution of classes. So, it appears that everyone isn't going just pure sorc=int, rogue=dex, war=str and are adding STR more on average.

It's really too early to draw hard conclusions. We'll watch and see how things shake out. It's a big system, after all
    I'm sure you guys already have stats on how players allocate their regular stat pool. There is no reason to believe they would allocate gems stats any differently. Let's forget novice players for a moment as take the "Top 25" leaderboard for each class. I'd be curious to know how many of those 75 players did not allocate their 210 stat points (35 levels x 6 points) 100% pure.

For myself, right now I'm temporarily in a flagging build with some STR, but would normally be full INT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm sure you guys already have stats on how players allocate their regular stat pool. There is no reason to believe they would allocate gems stats any differently. Let's forget novice players for a moment as take the "Top 25" leaderboard for each class. I'd be curious to know how many of those 75 players did not allocate their 210 stat points (35 levels x 6 points) 100% pure.

For myself, right now I'm temporarily in a flagging build with some STR, but would normally be full INT.
    Both iPredator and I use int in our guild. It's honestly essential.

Also, you got to remember that the more damage climbs... the more health you will need to combat it. Like Sam said... I think we should all see how it plays out.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

So, based on your argument, players only use pets which maximize their stat allocation? I for one use a variety of pets, especially those which provide extra INT/mana regen because, as a warrior, I get tired of spamming mana pots. Some characters prefer more crit, some more mana, and so on. This update allows unlimited possibilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just wondering, but what would happen if you put gems on a mythic helm or body (non-upgraded), and then you upgrade it to the level 36 version? Would the gems be kept on it? If this question has been answered already, just reply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

75 is not high number enough to base your argument on. There are many players out there who will think same as Pandamoni said. I myself count to them.
    Dmg is not everything. If you are dead u cant deal any. U know that thats why you are customized for pvp using more STR. So you condardict yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAGARD View Post
    I'm just wondering, but what would happen if you put gems on a mythic helm or body (non-upgraded), and then you upgrade it to the level 36 version? Would the gems be kept on it? If this question has been answered already, just reply.
    Was answered. Your gems will be lost when u upgrade ur mythic armor.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

My point is that crafting does not provide anything we already cannot do with normal stat allocation and passives. Why the need for one more way to now add stat points. I just don't get it. If they wanted us to have access to more stat points to allocate, why not just give us a few extra points to use in our passives?

This new crafting thing just seems like a tedious way to do the same thing we were already doing. If it provided something new then that would be interesting. But it does not. Everyone can craft as the essences are common, so why not just give us some extra passives and be done with it.

The only thing this crafting adds that we didn't have before is a new way for folks to spend plat to get the same stat points that used to be free.

Again, I'll say that it would be interesting if the essences were very scarce and only some players could craft, but making them common means it's just another way to give everyone the same thing, and it's something we all had already in just another form.

As for some folks wanting some stat points to be different than others, I thought that's why we have different gear choices, regular stat allocation, and passives. Now we need a 4th way to do the same thing? It would be ok if crafting made your gear better. But if everyone does it, then nobody will be better, just another duplication of ways we already had to be different, and in my opinion completely unnecessary.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-19-2013 at 07:57 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

My point is that crafting does not provide anything we already cannot do with normal stat allocation and passives. Why the need for one more way to now add stat points. I just don't get it. If they wanted us to have access to more stat points to allocate, why not just give us a few extra points to use in our passives?

This new crafting thing just seems like a tedious way to do the same thing we were already doing. If it provided something new then that would be interesting. But it does not. Everyone can craft as the essences are common, so why not just give us some extra passives and be done with it.

The only thing this crafting adds that we didn't have before is a new way for folks to spend plat to get the same stat points that used to be free.

Again, I'll say that it would be interesting if the essences were very scarce and only some players could craft, but making them common means it's just another way to give everyone the same thing, and it's something we all had already in just another form.

As for some folks wanting some stat points to be different than others, I thought that's why we have different gear choices, regular stat allocation, and passives. Now we need a 4th way to do the same thing? It would be ok if crafting made your gear better. But if everyone does it, then nobody will be better, just another duplication of ways we already had to be different, and in my opinion completely unnecessary.
    Considering all of your paragraphs repeated themselves, I narrowed down your response to this: Why give crafting when we could just have extra points for passive? The answer is quite simple...

Points can only be used one time, on one toon, and to reallocate those, plat has to be used. Considering someone has all mythic/arcane gear, the ability to gain 15-30 extra skill points in a variety of different ways without spending any plat is a no-brainer. Wanna make your hooks all dex? Change gems. Want a more tanky build? Change gems. Sure, it is time consuming but it is free. You can also farm mulitples of your same gear and make different builds with your gems for quick loadoats which is not possible with adding points to passives or attributes. And it is all free. Respeccing is not.

I might also add, farming essences and converting to gems to sell in cs is a quick, easy way to make gold for those who hate farming for hours o end or don't want to take chances opening locked crates. The essences can be farmed anywhere which provides a nice break for tbose who just spent an hour fighting elite bosses.

If you don't see the point, no one is forcing you to farm essences nor craft your gear. Enjoy the game your way but understand, there is a lot of buzz in game over this update.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LionHeart For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I hear what you are saying, but believe me that the buzz will be very short lived, and will soon just become a tedious task that everyone must do when they get new gear. People will be as interested in farming essences as they are interested in farming deary eggs. They will be worthless.

As for not having to pay plat for a respec, they could have just had added a "free respec token" to the drop table and then people could farm those and sell or trade those. This is a complicated and tedious way to accomplish that one thing.

The only thing here I see of some interest is these "super gems" as they will be rare. So gear with super gems attached will command a nice premium. I suppose that is the only real positive here. The regular gems will become mandatory if you want to compete. I suspect many of us will just keep crafting the same gems over and over trying for that "super gem". I suspect some of those folks will spend a lot of plat doing it, which I think is the main reason this whole update was structured this way.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-20-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LionHeart View Post
    Considering all of your paragraphs repeated themselves, I narrowed down your response to this: Why give crafting when we could just have extra points for passive? The answer is quite simple...

Points can only be used one time, on one toon, and to reallocate those, plat has to be used. Considering someone has all mythic/arcane gear, the ability to gain 15-30 extra skill points in a variety of different ways without spending any plat is a no-brainer. Wanna make your hooks all dex? Change gems. Want a more tanky build? Change gems. Sure, it is time consuming but it is free. You can also farm mulitples of your same gear and make different builds with your gems for quick loadoats which is not possible with adding points to passives or attributes. And it is all free. Respeccing is not.

I might also add, farming essences and converting to gems to sell in cs is a quick, easy way to make gold for those who hate farming for hours o end or don't want to take chances opening locked crates. The essences can be farmed anywhere which provides a nice break for tbose who just spent an hour fighting elite bosses.

If you don't see the point, no one is forcing you to farm essences nor craft your gear. Enjoy the game your way but understand, there is a lot of buzz in game over this update.
    I notice how you emphasize 'free', but IMHO, it takes time to farm these essences, it takes time to create gems from these essences, it takes time to socket these gems into your gear, and if desired, it takes time to try for the superior bonds. If you hadn't already known, TIME = MONEY, and a whole load of time was invested into these gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

And I agree with this statement. This is very true, no offense towards anyone for anything, but IMO, this crafting was pretty unnecessary. Although I appreciate STS for all they do, I expected a wee bit more out of them for their huge anniversary. It's just me, but I'd rather play AL without this crafting update, than play AL with crafting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I dunno the others but I personally didn't get so many essences as some in this thread stated to have.
    Because of this I couldn't craft so many gems as the lucky ones did.
    It's only thanks to my cousin n a guildie that I got the gems I needed to start upgrading my items.
    The issue here is the way the essences drop for each class.
    After the patch that "fixed" the essences drop rate lowering their drop rate even more, I guess I'll upgrade my items again only after the death of Pope...
    From what I understood the essences drop after a tot of mobs killed. So if a rogue runs in a party with mages, be sure u'll see the mages getting all the essences while the rogue will get maybe one for run if lucky...
    I'm not saying the mages should't get the essences or that a rogue should't run with them...I want that sts finds another way to make essences dropping...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

And as I already wrote into another thread I also don't like the fact that while an item is having a gem socketed it's not available for use

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I hear what you are saying, but believe me that the buzz will be very short lived, and will soon just become a tedious task that everyone must do when they get new gear. People will be as interested in farming essences as they are interested in farming deary eggs. They will be worthless.

As for not having to pay plat for a respec, they could have just had added a "free respec token" to the drop table and then people could farm those and sell or trade those. This is a complicated and tedious way to accomplish that one thing.

The only thing here I see of some interest is these "super gems" as they will be rare. So gear with super gems attached will command a nice premium. I suppose that is the only real positive here. The regular gems will become mandatory if you want to compete. I suspect many of us will just keep crafting the same gems over and over trying for that "super gem". I suspect some of those folks will spend a lot of plat doing it, which I think is the main reason this whole update was structured this way.
    Isn't farming for a respec token the same "tedious" task as farming for essences as well as farming for gear? I am not sure how people are going to loss interest as fast as you say they are. It is an element to the game which will carry on forever and will cs wiol be very interesting to see once we move to the next campaign and gear begins to be sold. So many different varieties will amount to lots of gold for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I notice how you emphasize 'free', but IMHO, it takes time to farm these essences, it takes time to create gems from these essences, it takes time to socket these gems into your gear, and if desired, it takes time to try for the superior bonds. If you hadn't already known, TIME = MONEY, and a whole load of time was invested into these gems.
    So what you are saying is you play the game 24/7 with no breaks and do not have money for extra gear? I put my second gem into a sword last night before I went to bed and will be finished upgrading when I come home from work. I farmed last night with a purole sword and did just fine. Not sure how people continue to have such issues with this concept nor do I see how you "lose" money. This game is all a gamble and you are not guaranteed to sell items in cs nor get drops when farming. Based on your theory, the whole game is a waste because it takes a lot of time to make money. Extremely longer than PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    And I agree with this statement. This is very true, no offense towards anyone for anything, but IMO, this crafting was pretty unnecessary. Although I appreciate STS for all they do, I expected a wee bit more out of them for their huge anniversary. It's just me, but I'd rather play AL without this crafting update, than play AL with crafting.
    And as said in other threads, the update isn't completely finished yet. They have already tweaked it once and probably will again. If you don't like the update, then sell your gems and enjoy the extra easy money each day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Anyone experienced upgrade timer stop/frozen? Then you need to use plat to complete the upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

We appreciate the discussion, but want to point out the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

Please Respect Others.
    The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.
    Thanks for keeping it friendly and respectful.

On the topic of the item being unavailable while it is being upgraded, this is by design. Our plan was that most users (indeed what most are doing) is to start an upgrade when they log off, go to bed, go to work, etc. Other items are available as a temporary replacement while the item is being upgraded, or if you really want the convenience of having the upgrade done now, you can pay through the timer with Platinum.

We know that this is a new concept for Arcane Legends, but it isn't really that new of an idea for Free-to-Play games. We appreciate your feedback about it. We are watching closely how players are using the system and would like some time to evaluate before leaping to changes to the system. Thanks very much for your understanding.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

All valid points. The big thing about the upgrade and crafting system is beyond what you currently see. This is the starting point, where we go from here obviously is unknown and incredibly fascinating. Mixed stats, Snare effects, visual effects... there are a large number of ideas already mentioned on the forums and floating around the office.

I can appreciate your concerns in the simplicity of the system at its current level, however it's really the potential for what it holds for the future that excites us on the development end.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Nice update sam and team.

Question:we all are aware of class balance issue previously.

Thus how do we expect a class balance with this upgrade,with supergems (more than 1) as the influencing factor?

If my maths is correct theres huge gap that certainly makes a class too op.apologies if im wrong.im not asking anybody to he nerfed or buffed simply a plain and honest question to understand tye methodology behind this that has been planned.cheers.

*still figuring out ways to kill a tank of 9k hp and mage with 600dmg.i heard rogues are being pawned easily with 2steps.thats assuming the rogue wud go for max dmg (400plus if im not wrong with fire gems).and adding gems combo in other gears wont make a significant difference especially if its not super (a +3)

*still digesting the above comments.if this question has been answered apologies in advance
    Last edited by Alfai; 11-21-2013 at 01:39 AM.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Maybe I should leave this here...

I understand you guys have bigger picture for this upgrade system, but real problem is that we can't use our items while they are upgraded.
    As you said, if you want us to 'chase super gem', you should let us use the item.
    I don't know about some people out there, but I don't play this game to merch or farm or make best gears, however, I merch and farm and try to get my best gears to PLAY WITH THEM.

If you let people re-slotting gems while they play with them, most people will use more gem.
    I understand you want us to use plats to save time, but you take not only our items but FUN.
    Some people still would use plats to save time, some would not. But it seems unfair this way becasue we can't play game without spending plats and upgrade at the same time but forcing people to spend massive plats for this another gambling.

Someone said it's free?
    Yes everything is free, but you can't play game. Right?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Excuses For This Useful Post: