Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrades Official Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    All valid points. The big thing about the upgrade and crafting system is beyond what you currently see. This is the starting point, where we go from here obviously is unknown and incredibly fascinating. Mixed stats, Snare effects, visual effects... there are a large number of ideas already mentioned on the forums and floating around the office.

I can appreciate your concerns in the simplicity of the system at its current level, however it's really the potential for what it holds for the future that excites us on the development end.
    All good points!

I'll just add to my previous comments this: now that I've had a chance to play a couple of days since you guys nerfed the huge drop rates on the essences, I like it quite a bit more. Now it actually seems like a challenge to get essences and build gems, and I believe gems will be worth something decent, while gear with a super gem will be worth a considerable amount.

As long as the essences say somewhat scarce, then it will indeed be something interesting. After the initial rollout, I was just afraid that after a couple of weeks every pro player would have 3 super gems on every piece of mythic/arcane gear, and then it would just become rather boring. But now it's looking like this is indeed NOT going to happen, and I applaud you guys for making this adjustment.

Even though it may seem unpopular with the masses, like many things in life the masses do not always know what they really want. Like the saying goes, "be careful what you wish for as you might get it!" We saw that happen a few months back when people asked for cheaper pinks and they got crate pinks. Somehow it did not make them all happy as they expected it would.

People might complain at times that the game is "too hard". But I doubt those people will quit, they will just keep trying harder. On the other hand, people will rarely complain that the game is "too easy". Instead they will just lose interest and quit.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-21-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Maybe I should leave this here...

I understand you guys have bigger picture for this upgrade system, but real problem is that we can't use our items while they are upgraded.
    As you said, if you want us to 'chase super gem', you should let us use the item.
    I don't know about some people out there, but I don't play this game to merch or farm or make best gears, however, I merch and farm and try to get my best gears to PLAY WITH THEM.

If you let people re-slotting gems while they play with them, most people will use more gem.
    I understand you want us to use plats to save time, but you take not only our items but FUN.
    Some people still would use plats to save time, some would not. But it seems unfair this way becasue we can't play game without spending plats and upgrade at the same time but forcing people to spend massive plats for this another gambling.

Someone said it's free?
    Yes everything is free, but you can't play game. Right?
    Hmmm ... you "can't play" because you cant use the best item .... i wonder how us poor people without mythic survive ?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I like the adaptability. I can now make my Str/int ring more Int oriented while not sacrificing a bit of the STR. Nice update!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

One quick thing, can you -1h off the 12h, 1day and 2day timers. This would mean I can repeat a task every morning before work etc without it slipping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Can you make it so that we can see which gem is currently being added as an upgrade? Sometimes I have a blood version of items and some I have fire versions and I'm not sure what I'm adding to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

While I loved the idea of crafting adding some variation I think that Energizeric has pretty much hit the nail on the head so far. I am a full Int build mage and added full int upgrades. If adding anything else were worth it I would have done so with my primary stats. All crafting has done so far is prematurely added the stats distribution exactly as I would have mapped them in the next level or two. Yes there are many people with non pure builds, however; those people who add points to secondary stats will do so at pretty much the same rate. IE. a mage who has a 10:1 INT:STR build for a little extra hp is not suddenly going to add straight STR or DEX when socketing gems. They are going to add a couple Blood gems but mostly Glacial.

1.) I think the biggest limiting factor so far is creativity. Gems that are based on stats do not add ANY diversity to builds (see above). Gems and upgrades can't be based on base stats, crit, or dodge, but need other bonuses. For example: small passive mana or health regen, 0.x% stun chance on normal attack, or % stun immunity or duration reduction, small % lifesteal on hits, armour bonus, extend weapon range .5m, small permanent aggro attract or reject, regular attack has small chance to hit second target. I am sure the communitly could come up with dozens of suggestions that would all be small enough to not create OP elements in PvP, but still function to complement specific play styles, just as pet selecion does.

2.) Exceptional Gems are driving me nuts. Please fix gem quality at time of craft rather than on upgrade. Might as well make +3, +4, +5, +6 variants rather than just +3, +6 as this difference makes for rather large differences based on dumb luck rather than hard work. I would rather spend 100k on a single rare exceptional gem then spend 100k on 30 separate gems and weeks of downtime.

3.) Please make gems removable and reusable. I was initially against this as I could see the point that permanent gems play in the bottom line for STS, however; after looking at items for sale I am now frustrated. When I was in the market for a specific rare item I would spend days, sometimes many, searching the forum and soliciting in town to find both availability and pricepoint. NOW, I have to factor in what is socketed. IE. My mythic staff was rare when I bought it but the same staff with just the right upgrades for my build is far more rare. We are forced to spend longer searching for purchaces or pay inflated prices for upgrades we are just going to resocket anyway.

4.) To add a small penalty to this, to prevent abuse, you could slightly downgrade the gem on romoval. Make gems harder to craft. Ex: 10 essences make a +3 gem, craft in another 15 and you end up with a +4, add 20 more essences to create a +5, etc. Add in a similar time delay as you have socketing multiple gems so that it takes a good week or better of farming and crafting to fully craft an exceptional gem. This would make exceptional gems exclusive and rare but attainable for those willing to put in the work. This would work also for other bonuses. Bonuses would have to be small enough that if a player wanted to socket all gems the same that it wouldnt get out of hand (IE. 15 x 1% damage or 15 x 1% stun). On removal the gem would be downgraded two steps and owner forced to recraft.
    Last edited by Nesox; 12-05-2013 at 04:33 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nesox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. ”
    - Stephen Hawking

just enjoy the game and adapt on changes happened on AL, we're not in a perfect world you cannot have everything that you want. Patience and perseverance is needed even on this game. so instead of whining try to find a way to enjoy this game!!!

SUGGESTION: maybe, much better if you put some particle effect or aura on those items (when wearing that gear) with full exceptional upgrades and also when wearing complete gear with all exceptional upgrades.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pls make more Lvl cap and maps. Oh yeah and a new character too. Pls....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Nxt character if considered should be an animal A lion with deadly claws and roar that make the ground tremble

Sent from my Huawei Y301A2 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Ability to hold boss like in the wild..lol

Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

And we need to lvl pets faster..

Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Probably one of the worst 'upgrade' systems I have seen.

I understand that making a gem takes time but socketing one too? So annoying, lots of waiting. You really think people will spend plat to speed it up? No, they won't. First it's dumb; it doesn't make sense and second, its too much plat. While you try extend the process and annoy the customers, they'd rather wait.

What you should have done to make extra money is provide luck elixirs that increase the chances of a Grand gem. It should ask before finalizing the socketing or replacement.
    Last edited by Allocate; 01-19-2014 at 05:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Just want to share an idea ...

I think STS admin should give benefit to players who have done multiple upgrading attempts

For example : if one equipment reaches 20-25 upgrade process, it should have super gem automatically

Well, i think its fair enough considering time consuming (25 x 12 hours) and cost of gems needed (tarlok gem 25 x 20k = 500k gold)

I am really hoping feedback from game admin & other players about this idea

Just a little opinion from non platinum users

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Well it wouldn't hurt to know that at some point you're going to get your goal. Might inspire a lot more people to start trying instead of simply selling off their gems.

+1 Approved!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

SUGGESTION. Pause, use then resume upgrading.
    Perhaps you can stop the the time and use your gear. Then when you are done. Continue the upgrade and start the time from where you left off.

1) Inventory space is too small can you please make it 35. Waiting ten days to have a good sized inventory hurts a players morale, when they have to clear and manage it 30 or more times a day.

2)I want to use my best gear every day without the feeling of wasting my potions and time on this game because of my second rate gear. Your best gear is required for elites and expansion maps.

3)Essence fills up 2/3 or more of your inventory space. You can be stuck in town when you can't get a complete recipe, but have a lot of different essences.
    Last edited by X29798; 01-26-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by X29798 View Post
    SUGGESTION. Pause, use then resume upgrading.
    Perhaps you can stop the the time and use your gear. Then when you are done. Continue the upgrade and start the time from where you left off.

1) Inventory space is too small can you please make it 35. Waiting ten days to have a good sized inventory hurts a players morale, when they have to clear and manage it 30 or more times a day.

2)I want to use my best gear every day without the feeling of wasting my potions and time on this game because of my second rate gear. Your best gear is required for elites and expansion maps.

3)Essence fills up 2/3 or more of your inventory space. You can be stuck in town when you can't get a complete recipe, but have a lot of different essences.
    Not going to happen. The system is set up as it is in order to aggravate your impatience to the point that you are willing to spend plat to get your gear back. Your suggestion would defeat the purpose from dev's standpoint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I for one have spent a lot less time playing since tgis has started

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk