Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting Official Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Crafting Official Feedback Thread

Please use this thread to post your feedback about the Crafting System that was added in Arcane Legends version 1.0.9. For more information about Crafting, please see this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Arcane-Legends!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Would it be possible to modify item icons to place crafting slots horizontally? The slots increase the size of the item so that you see fewer at once in inventory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

So I guess we all need to buy extra inv slots to carry around all these essences huh? pfff
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    So I guess we all need to buy extra inv slots to carry around all these essences huh? pfff
    Inventory space is always nice to have. If you want more, you can get more right away by buying them with Platinum, or you can get them through gameplay via Story Tokens. Check out what you can get with Story Tokens after last week's Bard Revamp: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...th-Bard-Quests!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Crafting Official Feedback Thread

I like it a lot. This is my feedback for the entire update,
    Why I like it:
    -Not too rare of essence drops
    -Won't make PvP lean towards one class/weapon anymore
    -Sub-classes (tanks, support, dps based) can be even more effective with stat boosting gems.

Thanks for the update STS!
    Satisfaction rating from me: 10/10

EDIT: Didn't realize there were 2 separate threads.. I'll repost this to both since this is my feedback for the whole update.
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

When can we expect the next plat sale? I'm willing to buy, but the reg prices are quite steep. Also, might be a noob question but does the crafting and socketing clock countdown while offline? I don't remember seeing anything mentioned about that.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

This is just a whiny baby kind of suggestion but my fingers are used to clicking social where the crafting tab is now. I keep hitting crafting when I want to hit social. I wish the tabs could be flip flopped. I'll have real feedback on the actual act of crafting eventually. Thanks!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    This is just a whiny baby kind of suggestion but my fingers are used to clicking social where the crafting tab is now. I keep hitting crafting when I want to hit social. I wish the tabs could be flip flopped. I'll have real feedback on the actual act of crafting eventually. Thanks!
    I was just about to ad this comment as well. Please switch the Crafting and Social buttons. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Sam: I think the 10 plat price to buy enough essences to craft a gem is way too low. I also think the drop rate of essences is too high.

At this rate all players will have upgraded all of their gear in no time, and then instead of crafting being an interesting aspect of the game, it becomes a annoying task that must be done every time you get new gear. Soon crafted items will hold barely any premium over non-crafted.

Once you reach a point where there are more crafted items out there than non-crafted, then it goes from being interesting to being a chore. The crafting system in PL was good because there was not enough crafting items to go around, so only a small percentage of the items could ever be crafted. In order to make crafting a fun part of AL, the same must hold true.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Pros:

Everything!

Cons:

Takes up WAY to much inventory space.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cons: takes too much time putting the gems in items specially the third slot

how about non plat users... they will wait for about 3 days to finish their set.. how about getting superb out of it... i think they can gather full superb gem sets in... 2 months i think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Requesting a decrease of Crates spawn..

Also, I really like it

.. It's gonna take some getting used to with the new way of inventory.. I've missed lepre changing a lot lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Inventory space is always nice to have.
    Sure... but it ends up as I thought. You force people to stop playing. Once you break that habit, many will not come back. This is how I came to AL in the first place - my previous game forced me to stop playing.
    I really really recommend that essences take no inventory space, and that items can be used while being upgraded.

At least I'm gonna get some sleep this week.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Inventory space is always nice to have. If you want more, you can get more right away by buying them with Platinum, or you can get them through gameplay via Story Tokens. Check out what you can get with Story Tokens after last week's Bard Revamp: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...th-Bard-Quests!
    here're just my bit sam,
    I honestly don't think 500 inv slot is enough for all these essences considering it drops like mad.. and it isn't just essences, crates and everything els too, I'm sure you've heard enough about this, so I'm sorry to bring it up again! please maybe die down the loot just alittle.. it hurts seeing crates drop by half the price.. but great update overall!
    Last edited by Lovingly; 11-19-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

All things being equal, Either the minimum inventory cap needs to be raised to 50 or essences should not count towards inventory slots. Gems, Definitely, but not essences. You're already seeing people having to make the decision to either delete valuable items, or delete the essences they've acquired just to be able to run the next map.

For example, you're unlucky enough that you got 9 of each essence. That's 27 of the possible 25 slots you have. throw in the odd crate or special item you just looted, and you're SOL.

Little things like these make it really hard to enjoy the game for a beginner player, and waiting 10 days to do 10 quests to get free inventory slots shouldn't be the way to play the game. Going in to your inventory screen every few minutes to make tough decisions detracts from gameplay, and at the end of the day, thats why i'm here, not to manage inventory, but to play a game smoothly and for lots of fun with my friends.

Also, as much I love the ridiculous drop rates on all items, It's definitely way too high. I appreciate that you probably cranked it up a notch so that people get get their gems a little faster, but it has really affected all other aspects of the game as well.

Otherwise, its nice to see people playing cooperatively in PUGs (for the most part).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Anyone noticed locked crate is common now and so much items are dropping?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Essences NEED TO BE BANKABLE! They use up WAY to much bag space!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It will be good if we have a separate satchel for essences. Inventory is full in no time due to high level of the drops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I really like the system and the basic function of essence and gems.... great job and a nice new dimension to the game! 3 days of not playing per item or non plat upgrades shocked me at first but I realised that since I have two toons, I can play the other one while items are upgrading so this won't be a major issue for me.

I just have two issues really with the system:

1) It is encouraging me to spend all my time at Jarl. I have tried farming in other normal maps like Nordr and Shuyal, and even a couple of elites, to try to add some variety to what is a very long and tedious task, but the drop rate just isn't the same. I giggle to myself while farming at Jarl and constantly finding myself in the map with maxed out players, and there we all are just spending our day killing one of the very first and easiest bosses in the game. Perhaps I'd better get to work on my "Retire Jarl" campaign placard ^_^

2) I'm totally inundated with junk flying at me from every single mob I kill or barrel I (begrudgingly XD) smash. I have 125 inventory slots on 2 characters which, if it wasn't for the extremely increased drop rate should be more than enough to manage the farming and storing of gems and essences. It's getting frustrating having to constantly clear out 30 items from inventory between every other map that I run.

Other than these two thing everything is great

KJ