Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone get an archon ring...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Did anyone get an archon ring...

As title says....

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk, Version 2.4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Looted five of them... But two of them rerolled to lockeds zzz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

archon will be worthless after this. lol. a lot of people looted 3+. we stuck with looting essence and locked. already 32 gems, some upgraded mythics/arcane, and over 100 essence.

that 3rd gem is expensive. 96 plat or 2 days...
    Hakuna Matatas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I looted 10.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I looted archon ring of assault, 2x brutality, fitness, force, potency, savvy. So 7 total.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I wanna bail game now, totally unfair stupid update.

Su-zakana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Yeah you know what? What can you do? I don't see how this type of issue comes up so often.
    Last edited by Rare; 11-18-2013 at 08:02 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

So anyone wanna share??? :P

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk, Version 2.4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I looted archon ring of assault, 2x brutality, fitness, force, potency, savvy. So 7 total.
    So lucky.. 👍

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

IMO, and I know some other individuals would rant on me for saying this, but this is totally UNFAIR to those that can't play for today to until you fix this update. I say that you (STS) should get rid of all the Archon rings that were looted in the time period, refund all the people that bought the ring during this time period, and 'de'-fund the people that sold their Archon rings during this time period. It's not like we should pay (pay, not suffer) for your mistakes. These kind of errors happened quite a few times in the past, and you guys should find a way to stop these things from happening. Seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

unfair... hope not to be fix soon.... have to wait for 11 hours to play by the way....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    IMO, and I know some other individuals would rant on me for saying this, but this is totally UNFAIR to those that can't play for today to until you fix this update. I say that you (STS) should get rid of all the Archon rings that were looted in the time period, refund all the people that bought the ring during this time period, and 'de'-fund the people that sold their Archon rings during this time period. It's not like we should pay (pay, not suffer) for your mistakes. These kind of errors happened quite a few times in the past, and you guys should find a way to stop these things from happening. Seriously.
    You could've only benefited from this...how are you paying for their mistakes? Although, I must admit, it was a pretty big mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

This has happened in the past. I believe when Bael II was first introduced he was spawning too frequently and a lot of people looted tons of elite golden warchests and that gutted the prices. Arena's drop rate on pinks was too high for architect armor/helms. Stuff like this messes up the economy in various ways and takes a long time to recover. Should this have happened on a Friday and it wasn't resolved until Monday like the pirate rings or insta killing Shuyal bosses wasn't resolved till Sunday the damage would have been much worse. Its fortunate, that it was fixed in a few hours. But I expected this wasn't going to get fixed until the following day. So I was planning on camping out in elite Shuyal for the night. Also this had to have been staged for quite a while because there was a switch over to the new server when you loaded the new client. I don't think there is anything that can be done to make things right but STS needs to minimize these kinds of mistakes. And when mistakes like these happen, they should come out and say how they plan on preventing it from happening in the future.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This has happened in the past. I believe when Bael II was first introduced he was spawning too frequently and a lot of people looted tons of elite golden warchests and that gutted the prices. Arena's drop rate on pinks was too high for architect armor/helms. Stuff like this messes up the economy in various ways and takes a long time to recover. Should this have happened on a Friday and it wasn't resolved until Monday like the pirate rings or insta killing Shuyal bosses wasn't resolved till Sunday the damage would have been much worse. Its fortunate, that it was fixed in a few hours. But I expected this wasn't going to get fixed until the following day. So I was planning on camping out in elite Shuyal for the night. Also this had to have been staged for quite a while because there was a switch over to the new server when you loaded the new client. I don't think there is anything that can be done to make things right but STS needs to minimize these kinds of mistakes. And when mistakes like these happen, they should come out and say how they plan on preventing it from happening in the future.
    Honestly, when I read the patch notes, the first thing that came to my mind was "How will this effect archon rings?". I know I was not the only one thinking this, so... how could it have been overlooked?

I was faced with an option: risk losing money on my archon ring or farm a bunch of them to recuperate any potential losses.

Although, thankfully (as you said), they patched it in a few hours which minimized the impact. Regardless of that, my guild alone was able to farm 150+ rings so I shudder at the thought how many rings are actually out there atm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I was faced with an option: risk losing money on my archon ring or farm a bunch of them to recuperate any potential losses.
    Yeah so how can you say "You could've only benefited from this". If you had an archon ring in CS and then you have some guy named Zeus undercut you because he farmed 10 rings. You can't have it both ways, so I can see how someone would be upset. Nothing can be done but they need to restore confidence. Too many mistakes like this leads to people not wanting to play. And this isn't hyperbole. Also when I was farming these rings people would get upset if they weren't getting any and saw other people getting them. Its all about fairness and knowing people aren't gaming the system just because you weren't on at the right time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yeah so how can you say "You could've only benefited from this". If you had an archon ring in CS and then you have some guy named Zeus undercut you because he farmed 10 rings. You can't have it both ways, so I can see how someone would be upset. Nothing can be done but they need to restore confidence. Too many mistakes like this leads to people not wanting to play. And this isn't hyperbole. Also when I was farming these rings people would get upset if they weren't getting any and saw other people getting them. Its all about fairness and knowing people aren't gaming the system just because you weren't on at the right time.
    If you look in the AH, Falmear, the archon rings didn't really take much of a hit. I was able to sell potency versions at the same price. Was everybody fearing they'd take a hit? Yeah, I thought they would too hence why I farmed a bunch.

I can definitely see how people are upset; however, the people that are upset that I've noticed complaining on the forums are the same ones who don't have an archon ring but are miffed on the chance at being able to farm one.

Lastly, this advantage would only really affect platinum players as they kinda required luck elixirs to loot. Just a leprechaun wasn't enough in the short time frame given. I personally ended up trying with just a leprechaun amulet for a good 45 minutes and only ended up with an archon ring of savvy. It wasn't until I bought some luck elixirs that they started rolling in.

The thing is, what is STG going to do? They have apologized in the past, but if I can read merely the patch notes and come up with a potential issue, then personally, it tells me that they were rushed with the update.

I think that it's a two way street. Players first get anxious about the update and rush STG & then when STG delivers promptly, the players get mad about certain advantages. It's a double edged sword and STG can't win both ways.

Personally, I say, cut them some slack and enjoy the update. They gave many other options to farm & in actuality, this update affected the entire game's loot system - not just archons. It's still a problem, so it's not entirely fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    however, the people that are upset that I've noticed complaining on the forums are the same ones who don't have an archon ring but are miffed on the chance at being able to farm one.
    So, I take it that you think all my posts on this subject are complaints? You should've swapped that word with a more appropriate/fitting word, for it all it does is generate/imply enmity towards others, including myself.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

atleast we farmers make our money faster then merchers lol because i saw no merchers at that time they wanted some of our ringsxd i personally got 13 rings LOL but it is unfair zeus u looted 10 while others none but it was sts mistake has happen many times and will in the future economy is messed up now for it xd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Halloween, story tokens, and crafting are all good updates and I thank Spacetime for the opportunity to play. However, having to check chat box every 5 mins and be on the moment the patch comes through in order to protect my investments or exploit any mistakes is not what I like to have in mind when I log in. What if I had speculated correctly on an item only to log into game and have it ruined by a mistake, glitch, or oversight. Wasting my real world salary, potentially millions of gold, and hours of my time. I understand and feel the frustration. Yes, I bought Grimm prior to egg, but took it as it was and didn't sweat it. I have other things going on as well and massive drops on all items regardless of the rings is a little close to my wallet.

I said this in another thread and I'll say it here again. I thought it was spot on that Spacetime listens to us. I then realized that they are listening to people that sometimes have absolutely no idea what they are asking for or any realistic knowledge about how it will affect the game. If there are mistakes from updates being rushed because people get antsy then maybe everyone should show a little self restraint, stop, and think things through.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonthan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    So, I take it that you think all my posts on this subject are complaints? You should've swapped that word with a more appropriate/fitting word, for it all it does is generate/imply enmity towards others, including myself.
    I didn't specify anyone in the thread in particular. There was more than just one person complaining in it.

To anyone who wants a chance to go get some nice lewtz, go get it! There are still plenty of other things dropping right now. The only thing they did was fix the archon rings because that and locked crates have the most potential to be heavily abused. (With archon rings being the most expensive lootable item in the game and locked crates being the easiest to farm item while still maintaining decent value)

I know people who are farming for other things and getting what they want due to the rates. Those that are complaining... we've all missed opportunities. I've missed many. There will always be more, so just wait for them!

As I said in a previous post, rushed updates are a double edged sword. If players are going to push developers on releasing crafting, then there will be unintended glitches.