Thread: Why The Hate?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Unhappy Why The Hate?

Hello fellow PL Players.

Im writing this thread with misty eyes... I just realized that there are large groups of players WHO ENJOY KILLING OTHER PLAYERS. I do not know how this DISGUSTING trend began but I for one am just stunned by how large this phenomeneonemeon is. And on top of that, STG has DEDICATED an ENTIRE forum section for this endless butchery! I began to do a little research how these barbarians get into contact with eachothers. I got an insider tip (which wasn't easy or cheap to get) that in the "join a game" section there is a hidden button which u need to press called "PvP" and then u can join the gladiator arenas. I also heard that u can actually create ur own slaughtering games.

I began to dig deeper and I actually went in to one of these 'PvP' games. I was able to contact one of those vile beasts and have a conversation (his identity shall remain anonymous). I realized that there isn't any sort of incentive for this senseless slaughter. No gold, no platinum, no items, simply nothing. So the only reason for these 'gladiators' to kill eachothers is some twisted sense of glory and the pure enjoyment of taking another human beings life. That's just simply psychopathic and I was disgusted. I left the arena as quickly as possible before anyone tried to take my life.

After I had the information I needed from the gladiator maniacs I knew my next task would be to confront the ones who have made this senseless slaughter possible and even promote it. But considering the fact that last time a Mod/Dev has answered to my inquiries was back in 2012 I think (for some odd reason), I didn't have the courage to confront them. I am only left with my own speculations about the subject but I do think they wouldn't have given me any solid information anyways. It all comes down IMO to offer players adrenaline and excitement to actually KILL someone.

As a conclusion, it's hard to determine whos fault this is. STG for offering us this chance, or PvPers for taking the chance. But if we want to get rid of this problem we have to start from here, we players must be the ones who start the change. I cannot go to a war against a huge corporation such as STG. We need to change ourselves to change the game. If u are one of those maniacs who enjoy killing others, take a step back and think why u want to kill someone. Open up a discussion with ur opponent why u are doing this and I'm certain both of u will notice how senseless it is to slaughter people for no reason.

Remember, be the change.

Name:  dolan_duck_hd_hq_by_bojanglesthecat-d52ixnl.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  37.3 KB

This was dudetus, reporting from my comfy, comfy bed.
    Last edited by Delphina; 11-18-2013 at 11:11 PM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

I buy your comfy bed.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DocDoBig For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

LOL.
    see, the community was NEVER mature!!! What kind of community is mature when they enjoy killing and taking souls???

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caiahar For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    I buy your comfy bed.
    Not for sale, came with the apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    LOL.
    see, the community was NEVER mature!!! What kind of community is mature when they enjoy killing and taking souls???

All for one, and one for all.
    This subject rly bothers me. Who was the one all like "hey maybe we just let them kill eachothers". Who could be so twisted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Did someone call me?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nihiliste For This Useful Post:

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Cry pls
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

My life has been changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Bro. They are beasts. One looked and acted like a bear even xD. LOL

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Wuddup with all the random threads dawg

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX:1342743
    Wuddup with all the random threads dawg
    Ghost whyu alway try to take my life in pvp doe...... jk

Wait I've seen u take countless of others lives D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

All of this was a result of PVE. They felt that the “enemies” they slain aren’t challenging enough so they decided to fight better opponents.

I mean why do we even kill zombies? They are just people infected with a disease. We don't kill the people with HIV, do we?

And why do we still kill witches? I mean that’s like soooooo uncivilized. Doing so makes us no better than the people who used to burn/hang/drown them.

Don’t even get me started on knights, why do we kill the noble men in shining armor who did nothing but defend their land? If we don’t join their game, they would surely leave us alone. I, for one, did not see them storm Balefort and kill innocent civilians.

Moving on to skeletons. What makes up 20% of your body? Yeah that’s right, bones. After all our flesh and organs decayed, our bones remains as a sign that we once had existed in this world. And by destroying bones, we are essentially killing ourselves. So killing skeletons=killing us

Yetis AKA Big Foot or Sasquatch. Wonder why no one has ever captured a real one? Maybe it’s CUZ YOU PPL ARE KILLING THEM?!? Don’t blame them for their hostility, they are just defending what’s left of their kind.

Killing crocodiles for their skin is terrible enough, but killing them for practice or to gain experience? Now that’s animal abuse.

I find the idea of killing Djinns racist. Most Djinns are just harmless nomads and many nomads are Arabic. I’ll let you figure out what I’m trying to say.

What’s next, mummies? As many of you know, mummies are dead people, 99% are Egyptian. So when we are killing mummies we are actually...

If you think killing aliens is Plan A, you watched too much movies. If we are visited by extraterrestrials, I highly doubt that we have enough technology to beat them. Chances are they are only here to peacefully observe us. And by showing aggression towards them is the same thing as declaring war on our superiors. Even worse, by massacring large numbers of individuals we can’t understand, are we any better than Hitler himself?

When the streets are packed with people leering at them, guess where hobos go to get a lil privacy? The sewers where no one can disturb them even though it meant dealing with that awful smell. Yet we would go out of our way and into the smelly dump just so we could pick on them for being poor and defenseless.

I know clowns are scary but killing circus performers is just a lil bit too much. Period

And why do we even bother these pitiable creatures? BECAUSE IT’S FUN. AND WE WANT TO TAKE THEIR STUFF. What really bugs me is that these "npcs" respawn over n over again. Why? So we can kill them AGAIN. So it's basically torture which is against the 8th amendment. This is what we’ve become. But it's not too late for we can all delete our alts who had ever slain one of these creatures and start over.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IGN Storm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm:1342810
    All of this was a result of PVE. They felt that the “enemies” they slain aren’t challenging enough so they decided to fight better opponents.

I mean why do we even kill zombies? They are just people infected with a disease. We don't kill the people with HIV, do we?

And why do we still kill witches? I mean that’s like soooooo uncivilized. Doing so makes us no better than the people who used to burn/hang/drown them.

Don’t even get me started on knights, why do we kill the noble men in shining armor who did nothing but defend their land? If we don’t join their game, they would surely leave us alone. I, for one, did not see them storm Balefort and kill innocent civilians.

Moving on to skeletons. What makes up 20% of your body? Yeah that’s right, bones. After all our flesh and organs decayed, our bones remains as a sign that we once had existed in this world. And by destroying bones, we are essentially killing ourselves. So killing skeletons=killing us

Yetis AKA Big Foot or Sasquatch. Wonder why no one has ever captured a real one? Maybe it’s CUZ YOU PPL ARE KILLING THEM?!? Don’t blame them for their hostility, they are just defending what’s left of their kind.

Killing crocodiles for their skin is terrible enough, but killing them for practice or to gain experience? Now that’s animal abuse.

I find the idea of killing Djinns racist. Most Djinns are just harmless nomads and many nomads are Arabic. I’ll let you figure out what I’m trying to say.

What’s next, mummies? As many of you know, mummies are dead people, 99% are Egyptian. So when we are killing mummies we are actually...

If you think killing aliens is Plan A, you watched too much movies. If we are visited by extraterrestrials, I highly doubt that we have enough technology to beat them. Chances are they are only here to peacefully observe us. And by showing aggression towards them is the same thing as declaring war on our superiors. Even worse, by massacring large numbers of individuals we can’t understand, are we any better than Hitler himself?

When the streets are packed with people leering at them, guess where hobos go to get a lil privacy? The sewers where no one can disturb them even though it meant dealing with that awful smell. Yet we would go out of our way and into the smelly dump just so we could pick on them for being poor and defenseless.

I know clowns are scary but killing circus performers is just a lil bit too much. Period

And why do we even bother these pitiable creatures? BECAUSE IT’S FUN. AND WE WANT TO TAKE THEIR STUFF. What really bugs me is that these "npcs" respawn over n over again. Why? So we can kill them AGAIN. So it's basically torture which is against the 8th amendment. This is what we’ve become. But it's not too late for we can all delete our alts who had ever slain one of these creatures and start over.
    LOL thx for da laugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Why The Hate?

Lol I thought this was a serious issue at first..
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Worship View Post
    Lol I thought this was a serious issue at first..
    wut? this is most serious issue discussed ever in pl forum.

only less concern issue is I have my collocations of 1trillion souls so I don't care if 70k souls have been taken by few group of criminals.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post

Indeed, well said and this arouse some thoughts...

Who are we to draw the line who we can kill and who must be left untouched? Why can't we just go and give those yetis and crocodiles a hug and discuss our problems through. Why must killing be the first option?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Food pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Multibird View Post
    Food pls
    Lol u fanny

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Besht thread to read before going sleep.

Einfach so

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Oh pls isnt this wat u sent us on kik wile we waz planing our new game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

I'm not sure anyone understands the gravity of what's really being conveyed here, or what this implies.
    I will be blunt:
    Dudetus has achieved enlightenment. Like Gautama Buddha or Ghandi the futility of violence is abandoned.
    I asked him "are you enlightened Ninja?"
    He replied "no I am awake"
    Then added " it's 3:30 am why did you call my house?"
    I committed myself fully to his teachings with the intent to end this cycle of birth and death, to be a humble disciple,
    Well, then the meds from the dentist wore off and I realized I am a 'Murican, so I grabbed one of the many guns I own and shot the face off the first woodland critter that had the misfortune to look my direction.

Gg
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post: