Thread: Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Default Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Anyone remember playing this game on the gameboy? I just ordered a copy off Ebay, can't wait to start playing it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Haha yes! I play it on my game cube now and then!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to karrdath For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I was thinking of getting the Rom. But I downloaded pokemon emerald and white version instead. I may try this after I beat both.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lEVEL TwO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Nice, I should get it tommorow. Looking forward to playing it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

You should have just downloaded the gambit simulator on ur phone and download the game for free!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Default Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Quote Originally Posted by karrdath View Post
    You should have just downloaded the gambit simulator on ur phone and download the game for free!
    Yea but in a way its just that "feeling" of playing the actual game on a Gameboy. I still have my Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance and for some weird reason its just alot "better" to play on it rather than Gba4ios emulator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Is this going to turn into an emulator discussion?

I've recently started thinking about downloading android emulators, but have no clue what I am doing with them. There's a few in the play store, but I don't know what I'm doing with it.

Shall I go down the emulator route guys? Is it safe and how do I do it for future reference?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    Is this going to turn into an emulator discussion?

I've recently started thinking about downloading android emulators, but have no clue what I am doing with them. There's a few in the play store, but I don't know what I'm doing with it.

Shall I go down the emulator route guys? Is it safe and how do I do it for future reference?
    Depends on what type of system you're wanting, such as DS, Gameboy, N64, etc. Which one are you wanting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Damnn Cas never fail to disappoint, this trip took me down memory lane.

Haven't heard of the game in a long time, a lil more old school than the one mentioned in the title but still one heck of a game in general.

Think the first was on the SNES, but I preferred one of the ones on the GBC, can't place the title, but I do remember some god plough/farming items and sprites I think. Remem playing Harvest Moon for hours on end, so simple but hella fun once you got in to it.

And agreed, the original is always the best way to experience this kind of gameplay. When Android first hit the shelves, one of the first things I did was play the emulators and never had the same feeling.

Hey, Skel, these days its pretty simple, ROM sites to download the games (or in-app featured) open the gaming app and locate the ROM you need/want to play, had SNES (Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana etc), Game Gear, GBA, Mega Drive, Sega Saturn etc. PSX was a lil more complicated back then, but still worked a charm for the likes of FF7, Xenogears, Fire Emblem, Breathe of Fire, all the old school RPGs. (Think I still have them on my SD card)

That was back years ago, prob even easier now bud
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-22-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Damnn Cas never fail to disappoint, this trip took me down memory lane.

Haven't heard of the game in a long time, a lil more old school than the one mentioned in the title but still one heck of a game in general.

Think the first was on the SNES, but I preferred one of the ones on the GBC, can't place the title, but I do remember some god plough/farming items and sprites I think. Remem playing Harvest Moon for hours on end, so simple but hella fun once you got in to it.

And agreed, the original is always the best way to experience this kind of gameplay. When Android first hit the shelves, one of the first things I did was play the emulators and never had the same feeling.

Hey, Skel, these days its pretty simple, ROM sites to download the games (or in-app featured) open the gaming app and locate the ROM you need/want to play, had SNES (Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana etc), Game Gear, GBA, Mega Drive, Sega Saturn etc. PSX was a lil more complicated back then, but still worked a charm for the likes of FF7, Xenogears, Fire Emblem, Breathe of Fire, all the old school RPGs. (Think I still have them on my SD card)

That was back years ago, prob even easier now bud
    Cheers Bod! Long time no see bro! Just got a copy today, going to totally be down memory lane. I remember putting so many hours into that game lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Trenton, if I was to go down this route, I'd want an emulator that will run games like Zelda/Pokemon/Sonic. Any emulators you suggest?

Bod, there's one my friend uses called "My Gameboy" or something like that, will that run action/RPG's?

So the emulator allows you to play a game, and the ROM is the actual game file? You download these off the Internet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Cheers Bod! Long time no see bro! Just got a copy today, going to totally be down memory lane. I remember putting so many hours into that game lol
    Haha you've got me thinking about playing some of those games now

Bod, there's one my friend uses called "My Gameboy" or something like that, will that run action/RPG's?

So the emulator allows you to play a game, and the ROM is the actual game file? You download these off the Internet?
    Yup you got it bud, I just downloaded the app My Gameboy to test it out for you, its not a featured ROM app but works all the same. When you first open the app, it will show you a browser screen in which you locate the file on your phone/SD memory and click on the file you want to play. I had Zelda - The Minish Cup still saved on my SD from back in the day and it worked perfectly.

So all you'll need to do is find a good ROM site and you're good to go. I would link a few sites but somehow doesn't feel right to do so on these forums. But if you get stuck PM me and I'll find the best running ones to date.

Sure you'll do good and find one tho bud.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ive played, zombie ate my neighbors, zelda, pokemon white and emerald in last 3 months, downloades snes, ds and gba emulators, then i go onto coolroms.com an downlod the.roms i want, so funnn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Haha you've got me thinking about playing some of those games now

Yup you got it bud, I just downloaded the app My Gameboy to test it out for you, its not a featured ROM app but works all the same. When you first open the app, it will show you a browser screen in which you locate the file on your phone/SD memory and click on the file you want to play. I had Zelda - The Minish Cup still saved on my SD from back in the day and it worked perfectly.

So all you'll need to do is find a good ROM site and you're good to go. I would link a few sites but somehow doesn't feel right to do so on these forums. But if you get stuck PM me and I'll find the best running ones to date.

Sure you'll do good and find one tho bud.
    Thank you for clarifying this for me Bod! I just need to find the ROM for a Zelda game and I'm set? ill Pm you.

Going back to Harvest Moon, I could download that one and play that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Thank you for clarifying this for me Bod! I just need to find the ROM for a Zelda game and I'm set? ill Pm you.

Going back to Harvest Moon, I could download that one and play that?
    Yup, only thing that you need to keep in mind is the working BIOs has to be in the same folder as the ROMs you are about to use, for example: Make a folder in your memory (phone/SD) something like "ROMs", then download the BIOs and put it in that folder along with all ROMs you download for that specific emulator system (GameBoy). If you plan on playing a few Emu's make a folder "EMu's" with other folders "Gameboy", "SNES" etc straightforward process.

Most are built in or ready to download of the same sites as the ROMs. Without a BIOs the emulator is useless, its what makes the app work as the system needs it to be.

But like I said, even the PSX ones are on the same site with the ROMs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Yup, only thing that you need to keep in mind is the working BIOs has to be in the same folder as the ROMs you are about to use, for example: Make a folder in your memory (phone/SD) something like "ROMs", then download the BIOs and put it in that folder along with all ROMs you download for that specific emulator system (GameBoy). If you plan on playing a few Emu's make a folder "EMu's" with other folders "Gameboy", "SNES" etc straightforward process.

Most are built in or ready to download of the same sites as the ROMs. Without a BIOs the emulator is useless, its what makes the app work as the system needs it to be.

But like I said, even the PSX ones are on the same site with the ROMs.
    What do you mean, working BioS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Ahh missed this, BIOs is basically what the app and OS need to help run and interact with the keyboard/display. (Bootloader for instance)

But most new emu's prob have all this built in. (My Boy! Has it's own folders created automatically, plus you know how to use a file explorer now which comes in handy at all times)

All this talk made me want play some games I never got around to on the PSP, BlazBlue/Persona works perfectly and redownloaded Xenogears for the Playstation again my fav turn based anime-rpg in existence.

If you want a good RPG for the GBA I'd suggest Golden Sun too, there's 2 games and I played both through to completion when they were released years back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Played all day the first day I got it and got to the end of Autumn and already have Karen at a red heart and Popuri at a green heart. Trying to get them all to red for a challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Played all day the first day I got it and got to the end of Autumn and already have Karen at a red heart and Popuri at a green heart. Trying to get them all to red for a challenge.
    Sweet Cas! Do you know if any of them got re-released/ported to the 3Ds?

Apologies for the temp hijack lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I don't think they got ported or anything but there is a new Harvest Moon game coming soon for the 3ds.