Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: There should be a way to get platinum for free :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dosnt anyone agree?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dan. View Post
    I didnt read all the comments, so idk if someone said this, but its a good idea in my opinion. So, as they do in other apps, they give promotion for other apps. EX: Download ____ and get ____ plat. Ik other apps do this and THEY GET PAID to promote these apps. So spacetime earns money and we earn plat. WHY NOT?
    I second this!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Spacetime is a company. Just because this aint runescape where you can play for free doesn't mean their money hungry. So don't look at spacetime as if they are money hungry.

This is how this will work if they add it. You will download apps or run surveys for a set number of platinum. Or a award system such as good citizenism. Good citizenism would help them make money because the players who were helped in by the good citizen will be happy with the game, thus stimulating the chance of platinum being purchased. The apps for platinum would make them money because every time you download the app. The company behind the app being downloaded gives spacetime a small amount of money per download. I can see them adding this in the future, because there are many players who are not willing and/or able to purchase platinum. So this system gives spacetime money they should have never gotten in the first place. Win win, spacetime makes money, players get platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These same people complaining about paying a one time $10 or $20 are probably paying $15 a month (plus $50 for the game) for WoW, Warhammer, Aeon, <insert other mmo here). If not that then they are happily buying $50 Xbox games and paying $11 a month for Xbox live...

This game is a freaking bargain!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Spacetime is a company. Just because this aint runescape where you can play for free doesn't mean their money hungry. So don't look at spacetime as if they are money hungry.

This is how this will work if they add it. You will download apps or run surveys for a set number of platinum. Or a award system such as good citizenism. Good citizenism would help them make money because the players who were helped in by the good citizen will be happy with the game, thus stimulating the chance of platinum being purchased. The apps for platinum would make them money because every time you download the app. The company behind the app being downloaded gives spacetime a small amount of money per download. I can see them adding this in the future, because there are many players who are not willing and/or able to purchase platinum. So this system gives spacetime money they should have never gotten in the first place. Win win, spacetime makes money, players get platinum.
    Thx for restating my idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have a better idea for keeping long-term players actually involved in the game. Give them some free platinum for *deleting their level 50 character*. Starting over would be much more participatory than running around the lower level dungeons blowing stuff up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
    I have a better idea for keeping long-term players actually involved in the game. Give them some free platinum for *deleting their level 50 character*. Starting over would be much more participatory than running around the lower level dungeons blowing stuff up.
    it would have to be a lot of plat, cause there aint no way in hell im deleting my lvl 50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Eh. Followup: I pulled a new enchantress up to level 50 in 3 calendar days. I bet it could be done in 2. And with the stash, you wouldn't even have to give up your items. :-P

(What this really tells me is that it's not hard enough.)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
    Why would we delete our characters? Lol theres so many other options we could do.. Like rebirth, but really! Deleting our characters!? Seriously!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by a2ha View Post
    As the title says, it would be could that you could do something ( vote on android market/itunes ) and get suff/platinum for free :P
    There was a time that if you feedbacked, you got 10 platinum.
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$15 for every dungeon and pvp though? Seems like a little much.... unless I did the math wrong. If they let you buy the dungeons and pvp on the market they would make more money because its simple and tons of people will see it. Or just a pro version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by missakara View Post
    $15 for every dungeon and pvp though?
    Do you really mean “each” or “every”? I don't think $15 is anywhere near too much for all of the dungeons. The individual dungeons are ridiculously cheap—e.g. 2P for 3-on-3 PvP comes out to $0.27 or less. That's cheaper than a single play in an arcade.