Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: There should be a way to get platinum for free :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    The Devs did do a survey early on and everyone who participated got 2 plat. So, there may come a time in the future that they do something similar and give everyone a very small amount of plat but they do need money to continue to run/support/update/create this game.

After all, they are using a $10 million dollar system to develop it and the Spacetime Engine.
    it was 3 plat, I bought a hat with it
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Maybe we PL could get the whole world in shape! 1 plat for every mile you run, every 200 pushups and every time you give someone named conradin 1,000,000 gold.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    it was 3 plat, I bought a hat with it
    I stand corrected.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rketing-Survey
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We do need a way for people to earn platinum other then cash. Since we are a business, we will also need to be monetize it, so it may be some type of offer-wall option.

We also watch how items sell and listen to rational, drama-free feedback. So let's keep talking, and we will work on other ways for you to earn platinum.
    On this old game I played you could do this free program (forgot what it was called) that ran on your computer and if you did it for a while you got a special item.
    This could be similar for plat. If you guys have any company/cause that you support, running a simple program on your computer or something like that that benifited the company/cause could work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Trick O Treating as a dev gets you 5 plat.
    A 50 dollar itunes giftcard gets you 800 plat.
    A 100 dollar itunes gift card gets you 1600 plat.
    not everyone makes $40,000 a year mowing lawns like you do twink...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have no problem supporting the devs by purchasing some platinum for additional dungeons, etc. With no monthly fee I think it's a fair trade off.

However I do agree that a few of the items are a little over priced. Auction slots, etc. I also agree that changing your card should be a one time add on, and you should be able to tweak it all you want after that.

Overall it's a decent balance, a good value and a great game. Props to the devs for listening to concerns and responding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    *Give out 1 platinum for every 30 days you log in straight. This supports the active player and is far from over the top.
    While I'm not screaming for free plat, to me something like this sounds like a prefect balance/plan if you're going to do it. It's not enough to over do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i Agree with bjordan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamelova View Post
    Lol. Alright kids now Momma will take of this for you...
    Here's a Kid's Menu Map

Average players pay > Other kids play and some pay ( Yeah right.. ) Lol. > Equals income for STS ( Taxes Payed, Money For Workers and ect... )
    WE PAY TO PLAY, YOU PLAY TO.. UMMM.. I SHOULDN'T SAY! :P
    Thank you, Thank you very much ya'll!
    Yea so? im 14yo and i only have paypal ( no amazon acc... ) and my mom wont pay for me because she thinks that paying for games is worthless... and you are a 50yo lonely man who will never have a real life... good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    After all, they are using a $10 million dollar system to develop it and the Spacetime Engine.
    I want to point this out, what is this $10,000,000 system they use to develop this game. The only thing that really should cost the most is running the servers. But no where near $10,000,000 or even $1,000,000. I would love to see the hard data to back this claim up. And don't throw in there the cost of software, rounding it up should only cost in the thousands range.

Anyways here's my 2 cents about 'free' platinum.

I'm not pissed we can't get free platinum, but I would like to play a cell phone game without the cost of an xbox game or pc game. I know surveys have worked very well with other free games to get in-game currency. Just an idea and it will help advertise your product since I know for a fact they give you free advertising credits for the ads your users click.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Read a bit more back story to the company and you discover where the STS engine has it's origin. Hint: development contract, Ngsoft seed money for a big assed PC MMO that NGsoft pulled out of, tada you own your own big assed MMO engine and some serious coin to pursue your dreams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We do need a way for people to earn platinum other then cash. Since we are a business, we will also need to be monetize it, so it may be some type of offer-wall option.

We also watch how items sell and listen to rational, drama-free feedback. So let's keep talking, and we will work on other ways for you to earn platinum.
    Maybe use game gold to buy plat, but I'm talking lots of it. 500K gets 3plat. Gives the lvl 50's something to do while you work on new townes and campaigns. Also helps keep the money system in check. Maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PL doesn't really need votes, or more exposure, since word goes around so fast just by word of mouth.

Money = Happy STS = happy Devs = Happy players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think advertising, free plats or gold for plats would ruin the game. Active Players, and newcomers will be buying less Plats and the new master quest to hardcore gamers will be "get everything free." Then Devs got sad and adios updates. lol

For now buying campaign bundle II (20p) +all 3 AO (10p+10P+20p) + 2 Elites quest cost (8p+8p) we end with a total of 76 plats, well played, so for that 1 plat you need you go for the 165 Plat.
    then you spend 5 P on inventory 10 P stash slots 20p on CTF, reroll stats time 10P ( by the way there should be a 3 time pack, one for each class) Buy a third character Slot 5P 131

We end with spending 131 Platiniums, as a "minimum" to experience the game at his full range. ( saddly i think that Vanity items and auction slots are way to expensive)

So the best "Deal" right now is to buy 165 Plats, and well that's mean 15,99 euros and that's a LOT for a mobile game.
    the 10 euros psycologic barrier is far reached.

1-there should be a mega package with all the existing maps for 70 Plats.
    Spending 7,99 euros on the 75 plats is Ok it's a meal for a regular person in any fast food for 2.
    and your not frustrated when you friends invite you in AO or Frozen nightmares.

2- there should be a Alien Oasis Pack for 25 or 30P
    for the peoples (like me) that allready purchased Campaign Bundle II (and the frustration that it involve later.lol)

3- A 15 plats bundle for both Elites quests. Since they are not neccessary to level-Up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    i think advertising, free plats or gold for plats would ruin the game. Active Players, and newcomers will be buying less Plats and the new master quest to hardcore gamers will be "get everything free." Then Devs got sad and adios updates. lol

For now buying campaign bundle II (20p) +all 3 AO (10p+10P+20p) + 2 Elites quest cost (8p+8p) we end with a total of 76 plats, well played, so for that 1 plat you need you go for the 165 Plat.
    then you spend 5 P on inventory 10 P stash slots 20p on CTF, reroll stats time 10P ( by the way there should be a 3 time pack, one for each class) Buy a third character Slot 5P 131

We end with spending 131 Platiniums, as a "minimum" to experience the game at his full range. ( saddly i think that Vanity items and auction slots are way to expensive)

So the best "Deal" right now is to buy 165 Plats, and well that's mean 15,99 euros and that's a LOT for a mobile game.
    the 10 euros psycologic barrier is far reached.

1-there should be a mega package with all the existing maps for 70 Plats.
    Spending 7,99 euros on the 75 plats is Ok it's a meal for a regular person in any fast food for 2.
    and your not frustrated when you friends invite you in AO or Frozen nightmares.

2- there should be a Alien Oasis Pack for 25 or 30P
    for the peoples (like me) that allready purchased Campaign Bundle II (and the frustration that it involve later.lol)

3- A 15 plats bundle for both Elites quests. Since they are not neccessary to level-Up.
    well this is a mobile mmorpg but its scalable and comparable to a real mmorpg which allows u to play using your mobile..

i think if STS now charges 5 dollars amonth to play... i'm sure there will still be loads of ppl playing...

if you want to buy a game and play alone at home like angry birds then go and do so... they are cheap. 1.99 thats all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thers an age old business slogan that goes, "It's far easier to keep the customers you have than to find new ones to replace them." Giving players an option to trade large sums of gold for small amounts of plat hopefully would keep the current old school players happy, and they would still spend money to buy plat when new updates come out. Making them wait months for new campaigns to purchase leaves time for them to grow tired of the game, see no more value in playing, and eventually quitting. Giving a few small plat freebies just to keep them around seems logical to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm, sorry but I'm not saying i don't want to spend money on this game, lol. I'm saying that i don't agree with this free platinium suggestion. And i really want to support this game to see how good it can be.
    So, as an alternative to "non-buying-players-because-it-looks-pricy" (wich I admit is maybe not really the point here), smarter bundles would do the trick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dirtball got a point, explained like this it make sense to me. Rewarding active and veteran customers/players like a "Players of the month" thing could be very interessting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After thinking further I feel that an in game plat award might be best, to be spent on specific ultra epic gear that may only give 1 more H/S or armor but looks cool. Only way to get it is to achieve certain goals. 10,000 kills = 1 plat award., 50,000= 2, completing all quests = 1. Give longer term players rewards for staying, give them something to look forward to and "show off" in game as they run around townes., etc. New players would be wanting to buy all the new packs at full price because they have a goal...to get what that guy has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didnt read all the comments, so idk if someone said this, but its a good idea in my opinion. So, as they do in other apps, they give promotion for other apps. EX: Download ____ and get ____ plat. Ik other apps do this and THEY GET PAID to promote these apps. So spacetime earns money and we earn plat. WHY NOT?