Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mage wanting gear advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mage wanting gear advice

Lvl 21 Mage, would like advice on what gear to get, have some platinum if necessary. Are there any guides on best gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'm not sure about any guides on best armor gear

I personally use int/str gear. Once you get to 26 there is a good chance you'll start eyeballing mythic stuff.

Best advice I can give is to purchase lvl 20 vampire amulets, one for int, dex, and str. Then equip them check your skill damages and check out your stat screen while each one is on and compare. Pick what suits you best. Won't be much, maybe 3-4k for all three. It really highlights what each stat does for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonthan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Mage wanting gear advice

Agile flame strike for a weapon. Excellent weapon you unlock at lv21
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Worship For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanx, I shall look for that weapon. Regarding the vampire amulets, is it not best for a Mage to invest purely in int, this is what I've been picking up elsewhere in the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I forget what ring and amulet I use, but get Soulcatcher mantle and helm, the INT/STR version, and Dimensional Percussion, also the INT/STR version. The ring is also INT/STR, but as for the amulet, I couldn't find any that gave STR so I just went with INT/DEX. Make sure you find the ring and amulet that gives a slight armor bonus.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'm not saying to use that amulet in battle. Use the 3 different pure stat versions to compare your stats so that you can see what everything does for you. It's just a cheap way to get to see first hand the benifits of different stats. For example, I now know that int raises health, dex raises health more, str raises health the most. That kind of info is good to know, much better than using an item under reccomendation(regardless if its a good item or not)and not even really know why you're using it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonthan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonthan View Post
    That kind of info is good to know, much better than using an item under reccomendation(regardless if its a good item or not)and not even really know why you're using it
    To answer that statement, the reason why people use their item is either because 1.) It's good, or 2.) I'ts affordable. So why not give recommendations to people that ask for recommendations to what item they should use or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see, thanks. I play the game a fair amount, but the finer points of all the stats etc, it's a bit beyond me. That's why I wanted advice. I haven't got the patience to learn it all. But I take on board everything you said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I forget what ring and amulet I use, but get Soulcatcher mantle and helm, the INT/STR version, and Dimensional Percussion, also the INT/STR version. The ring is also INT/STR, but as for the amulet, I couldn't find any that gave STR so I just went with INT/DEX. Make sure you find the ring and amulet that gives a slight armor bonus.
    Thanx for the recommendations, that's really helpful. I'm now earning some platinum to buy some gold!

thanx for all posts, it's all good, I would rather ask then spend time trying to work it out myself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do u know the name of the ring and amulet? There are tons for sale lvl 21 ish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Humor

3.) They're not sure what they are doing

Just like to spread the knowledge is all so everyone can choose thier on path

Ornate braid of security is an int/str ring

Infused necklace of stability is an int/str necklace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonthan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Humor

3.) They're not sure what they are doing

Just like to spread the knowledge is all so everyone can choose thier on path

Ornate braid of security is an int/str ring

Infused necklace of stability is an int/str necklace

thanks my my friend, spread the knowledge, spread the love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Florin View Post
    Thanx for the recommendations, that's really helpful. I'm now earning some platinum to buy some gold!

thanx for all posts, it's all good, I would rather ask then spend time trying to work it out myself!
    If you can't find the items with INT/STR that are affordable, you can always buy INT/DEX items, farm for some essences, make gems and input INT or STR gems into the necessary items. And just food for thought, but plat to gold conversions are not worth it.

Do u know the name of the ring and amulet? There are tons for sale lvl 21 ish.
    I don't remember the exact name of the ring and amulet, but I think the amulet was Infused Brooch of something. I'll probably get back to you about the real names of the rings and amulets I use, then again, you don't necessarily HAVE to use the ones I'm using. Whatever rocks your boat is fine by me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you can't find the items with INT/STR that are affordable, you can always buy INT/DEX items, farm for some essences, make gems and input INT or STR gems into the necessary items. And just food for thought, but plat to gold conversions are not worth it.

I don't remember the exact name of the ring and amulet, but I think the amulet was Infused Brooch of something. I'll probably get back to you about the real names of the rings and amulets I use, then again, you don't necessarily HAVE to use the ones I'm using. Whatever rocks your boat is fine by me.

Haha aha yeah i get it, I don't wanna copy you! I got the ornate braid above for 1000, great ring!

i made a gem for a quest but it only added 2 INT. Considering I found it hard to find the essences, doesn't seem worth it for just that.

The plat is obtained free btw?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Haha aha yeah i get it, I don't wanna copy you! I got the ornate braid above for 1000, great ring!

i made a gem for a quest but it only added 2 INT. Considering I found it hard to find the essences, doesn't seem worth it for just that.

The plat is obtained free btw?
    Yeah, I think I used Ornate Braid before, the name is familiar. And each gem only adds 2 to the desired stat (minimum) which seems a bit low, but let's say you're full legendary. That's 5 legendary items x 2 slots x 2 to desired stat. That's 20+ extra stat points, right there! It may seem to be worth it at first, but in the long run, it's tremendously beneficial.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Don't forget about armor stat guys, definitely getting to a point where adding some armor will benefit your toon, pretty soon you'll find yourself getting one shot in nordr. Time to look into armor stat. There are great epic rings that are very affordable that pop armor substantially.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I think I used Ornate Braid before, the name is familiar. And each gem only adds 2 to the desired stat (minimum) which seems a bit low, but let's say you're full legendary. That's 5 legendary items x 2 slots x 2 to desired stat. That's 20+ extra stat points, right there! It may seem to be worth it at first, but in the long run, it's tremendously beneficial.
    yes when you put it like that, I can see the benefit. Particularly if you can swap out gems already made, that makes it a lot better. Plus might be more than the min 2 points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    Don't forget about armor stat guys, definitely getting to a point where adding some armor will benefit your toon, pretty soon you'll find yourself getting one shot in nordr. Time to look into armor stat. There are great epic rings that are very affordable that pop armor substantially.
    I went with the vampire amulet protection for that reason, 28 Armour, cost just 444 gold. Ornate braid security was best ring I could see, offered same armour as ring plus 24 INT and 12 STR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I went with the vampire amulet protection for that reason, 28 Armour, cost just 444 gold. Ornate braid security was best ring I could see, offered same armour as ring plus 24 INT and 12 STR.
    also check out epic platinum rings for good armor at a very affordable price
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Lol, never buy a Vampire Amulet for use.