Thread: Swapping exceptional gem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Default Swapping exceptional gem?

I dont know if this idea is any good or if its even gonna work
    but..... having exceptional gem to an item you necessarily dont need more than the other, sucks
    is there a way that maybe.. the exceptional gem can be swap to another OF your item..
    of course the gem is still bounded to you.. cannot be traded.. stays in the crafting station.. but an option to transfer that specific gem
    to another weapon / armor / helm etc .. ONCE only .. after that it disappear .. it is a super gem after all..

So suggestion in summary:

Be able to remove exceptional gem (untradeable) ONCE cost 2 plats(OR MORE up to u) to remove/ keep it - and not vanish .. so you can transfer it to
    another item for upgrade .. unlike a regular gem .. once you remove it.. its gone

replace upgrade still takes 12 hours.. nothing change

feedbacks:

One of the issues that were pointed out to me was
    " people will randomly just upgrade any armor until they get super gem "
    Which i think is good for both STS and everyone..

If it takes plats to remove / keep the super gem .. then sts would also make faster money
    due to the fact PEOPLE WILL upgrade a whole lot more items .. which means more "upgrading item" to "rush" and more items to
    remove super gem from = more plats

10 items upgrading.. player wants to by pass time 16 x 10 = 160
    (if twink included)
    player got 3 super gem = remove/keep x 10 = 30 plats ( if it takes 10 plats to remove)

but also good for players who need the super gem somewhere else.

- Remember: its not tradeable.. you wont make money off it.. it is for a single player own use.
    its just a better process rather than getting your full super gem in weeks to even a whole month..
    it doesnt make it fun for anyone when they have to spend more money to buy gears because they dont have anything to use
    to play pvp or whatever.. everyone in game right now is just sitting around.. waiting.. it makes the game boring

Keep everything the same but please implement this! or something similar to this idea
    Last edited by inkredible; 11-21-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

niceee suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Nice idea

Retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I like this idea! If its possible, it should be implemented.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Venom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

+1 inko great idea

Just a Gammer like as you all ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble:1346230
    but..... having exceptional gem to an item you necessarily dont need more than the other, sucks
    is there a way that maybe.. the exceptional gem can be swap to another OF your item..
    of course the gem is still bounded to you.. cannot be traded.. stays in the crafting station.. but an option to transfer that specific gem
    to another weapon / armor / helm etc .. ONCE only .. after that it disappear .. it is a super gem after all..

Be able to remove exceptional gem (untradeable) ONCE cost 2 plats to remove/ keep it - and not vanish .. so you can transfer it to
    another item for upgrade .. unlike a regular gem .. once you remove it.. its gone

feedbacks:

" people will randomly just upgrade any armor until they get super gem "

If it takes plats to remove / keep the super gem .. then sts would also make faster money
    due to the fact PEOPLE WILL upgrade a whole lot more items .. which means more "upgrading item" to "rush" and more items to

This would reduce the overall income for sts. Since people wont have to unequip their main gear, less people will pay the rush fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post

feedbacks:

You also have to remember, people right now are spending 1000's of plats to get 3+ supergems on their mythic/arcane items, and we've seen pics of ppl who've already done so. I dont think 2plat is gonna make STS any more money than they are already banking now. maybe 10 months from now. but right now, it wont happen
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    This would reduce the overall income for sts. Since people wont have to unequip their main gear, less people will pay the rush fee.
    they will still have to unequip their main gear, eventually when they have their super gems
    still take 3 days .. and theres no guarantee youll get super gem in ur other upgrading armors. which take 8 hours- 12 hours and you only have 5 slots
    so really when u think about it.. it does still take time

if not 2 plats then 5 plats or even 10 plats which ever balances it out

thats another good things tho, id get to use my main gear .. and people can still play not sit around and be bored of AL. pvp is dead
    Last edited by inkredible; 11-21-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    You also have to remember, people right now are spending 1000's of plats to get 3+ supergems on their mythic/arcane items, and we've seen pics of ppl who've already done so. I dont think 2plat is gonna make STS any more money than they are already banking now. maybe 10 months from now. but right now, it wont happen
    theres no problem increase the cost removing/ keeping the plats. 2 plat is just a suggestion if they wanna balance it out sure make it 10 plats, all i care for is being able to swap it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

It's not good idea.
    1. If u can removed except gem, player will buy except one on cs directly, ruin the price of normal gem.
    2. Price of items with except gem will drop, no one will buy it, because he can embed except from his other items into the one he want to have except on.
    3. Company will make less money after that, because players used to spend lots of plat to bypass timer and get except gem fast. But now they only need to buy a epic items with except on, then removed gem and resocket on his myth/arcane items, which cost him less plat to do that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    It's not good idea.
    1. If u can removed except gem, player will buy except one on cs directly, ruin the price of normal gem.
    2. Price of items with except gem will drop, no one will buy it, because he can embed except from his other items into the one he want to have except on.
    3. Company will make less money after that, because players used to spend lots of plat to bypass timer and get except gem fast. But now they only need to buy a epic items with except on, then removed gem and resocket on his myth/arcane items, which cost him less plat to do that.

1. its bound to the character .. cannot be removed from the item by the person who bought it off cs
    2. its not as dramatic as u think it is.. you can upgrade 10 epic items at one time .. and get no super gem, then ud have to wait another 8 hours
    or spend 16 plat x 10 = 160. or whatever cost of plat for epics
    3. player will still use plats to by pass the time.. 8 hours = 16 plats. u know what they say.. the cheaper.. u get more buyers = in the end u make more money

plus for 2nd slot 3rd slot.
    some people leave it there when they go to sleep. by pass the time .. 12 hours left or so.. close to the "replacement gem time"

appreciate everyone's feedback and issues brought forward

- this is brainstorming , everything can be solved so .. my idea doesnt have to be implemented but its the start of the idea
    in which i know STS could work around with
    Last edited by inkredible; 11-21-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

No, definitely not. There are so many ways to exploit such a thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

I hear exceptional gems are hard to get, so as long as the "excpnl" gems are untradeable this is nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui:1346328
    It's not good idea.
    Agreed. Ill just buy random epics. Since im not giving up my main gear I wont use plat to rush it. If it is superior, ill consider fast bonding it for some plat. A task that could potentially cost 1000 plat is now only 24 plat in some cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

its an idea, somethin can be work around it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    No, definitely not. There are so many ways to exploit such a thing.
    I immediately pictured people upgrading random secondary equipment hoping for a better gem to put in their mythic to avoid their primary gear being offline constantly and having to pay plat. Gems should be stuck wherever they are placed initially for STS to keep selling more plat and for prices to stay higher. Otherwise a character effectively has no need of future procurements when higher lever gear comes out.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post

Be able to remove exceptional gem (untradeable) ONCE cost 2 plats(OR MORE up to u) to remove/ keep it - and not vanish .. so you can transfer it to

feedbacks:

10 items upgrading.. player wants to by pass time 16 x 10 = 160
    (if twink included)
    player got 3 super gem = remove/keep x 10 = 30 plats ( if it takes 10 plats to remove)

- Remember: its not tradeable.. you wont make money off it.. it is for a single player own use.
    its just a better process rather than getting your full super gem in weeks to even a whole month..
    it doesnt make it fun for anyone when they have to spend more money to buy gears because they dont have anything to use
    to play pvp or whatever.. everyone in game right now is just sitting around.. waiting.. it makes the game boring

Keep everything the same but please implement this! or something similar to this idea
    Great Ideas win win stuation from both STS and us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Umm I like the idea but I prefer otherway. STS should give us exceptional gem while crafting not upgrading(tradeble). Its way too greedy by STS bcoz we are getting supergems while upgrading.