Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is there any talk of using TapJoy again?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Is there any talk of using TapJoy again?

While I'm actually a big fan of nativeX, the fact that they no longer support operating systems below ios6 is ridiculous. I know that a lot of people aren't affected by this but the fact that I can't play on my 1st generation ipad is a little upsetting, and I've heard many others say the same thing. If anything, get rid of TrialPay, whom I've never really cared for both customer service wise or the products they offer, and bring back TapJoy. Is there a reason that TapJoy is no longer used? Anyways, there are several people out there still curious about this and I'd love to get an answer, whether positive or negative, regarding this issue. Thanks for all your hard work!

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Sokpuppet,

You might see if Target is still doing their trade in offer for iPad 1's. I know a couple guys here at work that did it as they were giving like $200 for an iPad1 in on a new iPad. In all honesty, devices below iOS6 is a very small % of our total userbase. Another thing that is worth mentioning is that by keeping the files in the game executable to support those devices it causes slow downs for everyone because we have to do things in ways that work on all devices. By dropping old way of doing things we have faster apps - but yea, it sucks for those that don't have newer hardware. It is the general pace of technology and unfortunately just how things work really.

As for TapJoy, we'd love to work with them again. They were a great partner. Unfortunately, they demand an exclusive relationship and we couldn't make the business deal side of things work. Maybe that will change in the future, who knows.

Hopefully that helps in your understanding.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Sam, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I was not aware of an exlusivity arrangement with TapJoy. I completely agree with the decision to get rid of them. My issue with TrialPay is that they hardly ever have any download and play for credit opportunities. It's usually something that requires a financial contribution. Thanks for the tip about Target, I'll definitely look into it.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

TrialPay is interesting because they can service our desktop users that play via the Chrome client. We offer them elsewhere, but that's the main reason for them to be included in our lineup.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Yeah, I certainly like the fact that there is a service that allows PC users to take advantage of. Unfortunately, I've had 0 offers that I could take advantage of through my chrome browser Checked up on the offer from Target and apparently it was just a week long promotion at the beginning of November. Oh well, I'll just check back every now and then and see if there's something I can complete through TrialPay on PC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Or you could always get rid of that crApple product and buy an android ☺

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk