Thread: Increase level cap for non-buyers

behind you, don't even try to look for me because I'll always be behind you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lightbulb Increase level cap for non-buyers

I just thought the game a bit unfair due to the fact that people who don't buy in game maps and items, have alot less of a feel for the game. Everyone else is level 30 and then there are these wimpy level 13s that can't use anything level 14+! Just wanted to voice my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, its a crazy world man, I mean what right do these guys have to ask for money for their hard work? I also think that food, rent, electricity, and cars should also be free. I mean why should anyone have to buy things?
    Beermon- Level 47 Warrior-Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Levels 1-13 are a trial.. If you like the game at level 13, then you will love the game after.. I am currently 25, and don't regret spending the cash I did on the extra 4 maps soo far. Cannot wait for the swamps too!! Working on hitting 30 as fast as I can before it is released.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Beermon View Post
    Yeah, its a crazy world man, I mean what right do these guys have to ask for money for their hard work? I also think that food, rent, electricity, and cars should also be free. I mean why should anyone have to buy things?
    Yoah, there don't get all worked up, it's a growing game, I wanted to voice my opinion and that's that. I do believe the devs should get rewarded for making this great game, but as the level cap for the buyers is rising, shouldn't the non-buyer's level cap trail a couple steps behind it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I personally think the scheme should allow non paying people to play the game must as much as paying people, only that paying people will have access to more features giving them an advantage, or access to premium content etc.

Most people dont like to pay for games, and when they find out they cant progress past 13, they quit and give low reviews out of frustration.
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimaton View Post
    Yoah, there don't get all worked up, it's a growing game, I wanted to voice my opinion and that's that. I do believe the devs should get rewarded for making this great game, but as the level cap for the buyers is rising, shouldn't the non-buyer's level cap trail a couple steps behind it?
    Not necessarily. Look at a game like Tap Tap.. It is free as a trial.. They do release new songs for free once in a while, but most of the good, new, and fun songs cost money.

With this game you get to play till level 13 for free, and you get any new free updates to come that bring new features, but for the new maps you must pay. Like you would for the new songs in Tap Tap.

This game requires servers that cost money, and there is a group of developers who all need to be payed. If they were to increase the level cap for free people then they would have to give everyone at 13 a free map as they no longer earn exp form the forest. They wouldn't give everyone a map for free that many have already payed for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    I personally think the scheme should allow non paying people to play the game must as much as paying people, only that paying people will have access to more features giving them an advantage, or access to premium content etc.

Most people dont like to pay for games, and when they find out they cant progress past 13, they quit and give low reviews out of frustration.
    Are you saying I'm frustrated and giving ths game a low review? If I hated this gAme I wouldn't have made an account for this forum just to degrade it, I'm hooked Onto this game, it's the best mmo on the iPod yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Are you saying I'm frustrated and giving ths game a low review? If I hated this gAme I wouldn't have made an account for this forum just to degrade it, I'm hooked Onto this game, it's the best mmo on the iPod yet.

Did I say that? Did I specifically mention you?

Sheesh, talk about over sensitive.
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconKing View Post
    Not necessarily. Look at a game like Tap Tap.. It is free as a trial.. They do release new songs for free once in a while, but most of the good, new, and fun songs cost money.

With this game you get to play till level 13 for free, and you get any new free updates to come that bring new features, but for the new maps you must pay. Like you would for the new songs in Tap Tap.

This game requires servers that cost money, and there is a group of developers who all need to be payed. If they were to increase the level cap for free people then they would have to give everyone at 13 a free map as they no longer earn exp form the forest. They wouldn't give everyone a map for free that many have already payed for.

You don't understand, I don't want a new map im just stating that I would like the level cap to be raised a tad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You don't understand, I don't want a new map im just stating that I would like the level cap to be raised a tad.
    But even if the cap were raised you wouldn't be earning exp with the current free maps. There was a post somewhere on the boards stating you do not earn experience or kills from enemies 3 levels below you. So there would have to be a free map given.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconKing View Post
    But even if the cap were raised you wouldn't be earning exp with the current free maps. There was a post somewhere on the boards stating you do not earn experience or kills from enemies 3 levels below you. So there would have to be a free map given.
    I see where you are going, and I totally agree with you. Nevermind!

@ Splurd sorry if I seemed like I was overreacting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I see where you are going, and I totally agree with you. Nevermind!

@ Splurd sorry if I seemed like I was overreacting.
    Sorry If I was a bit confusing in my first post.. It is Finals week here at my university, so I have been laying in bed all day doing nothing buy playing games and watching TV... I love school. I tend to not think straight when I marathon game haha.
    Last edited by TheBaconKing; 05-02-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont believe the level cap should be raised, but a way of showing people what theyre missing should be implemented, for example when lvl 13 is hit a popup with screenshots could appear showing all the extra exciting areas and skills they can unlock, so they can drool over them a bit, and a button saying "do you want to upgrade now?" not unlike the prompt to get the swamps at the end of the lost expedition. This way people get a taste of things to come and will be more inclined to fork out on expansions.

Raising the level cap is a no no in my opinion, as it has a knock on effect and youd have to raise the levels of all monsters to get the required exp or give a free map, and i would be SERIOUSLY annoyed if they get it free when i paid for it.
    Feena - Enchantress - Fnord

If i post in blue it makes me cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

TheBaconKing is correct. If they raised the lvl cap, it wouldn't matter because you can't advance beyond lvl 13 with the free maps. If they tweaked the free maps, that would through a kink into the wheel.

This should stay a trial up to lvl 13. I have to disagree with Splurd on this one. We shouldn't have a free game that let's you do everything for free but have the option to pay for premium content. Because then the game would SUCK. It would mean that if you have money you get all the cool weapons and armor. As it is now, with the Plat system, the weapons & armor you buy now for Plat after shelling out real $$ are not necessarily better than pink/purple drops. This should be an even playing field.

If you like the game so much by the time you reach 13, $1.99 (5 Plat) is not a lot to shell out so you can continue up the level ladder.

- My Two Plat.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    TheBaconKing is correct. If they raised the lvl cap, it wouldn't matter because you can't advance beyond lvl 13 with the free maps. If they tweaked the free maps, that would through a kink into the wheel.

This should stay a trial up to lvl 13. I have to disagree with Splurd on this one. We shouldn't have a free game that let's you do everything for free but have the option to pay for premium content. Because then the game would SUCK. It would mean that if you have money you get all the cool weapons and armor. As it is now, with the Plat system, the weapons & armor you buy now for Plat after shelling out real $$ are not necessarily better than pink/purple drops. This should be an even playing field.

If you like the game so much by the time you reach 13, $1.99 (5 Plat) is not a lot to shell out so you can continue up the level ladder.

- My Two Plat.
    The plat weapons, in my opinion, are really only there to help people who are willing to pay money level up faster. I quit buying the weapons around level 15, and started getting decent weapons and armor from drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ya to be honest i dont think the level cap should be raised 13 is a good level too be stopping at like dilarus said they should have a pop up screen so u can have a taste of what u get when u buy it. if people like the game they will buy it im level 30 and i am most defently glad i bought the other maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

its pretty affordable....
    Arcane Legends: Hyun