Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Winter Content In Development

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The decision to not bring back the other set of Arlor winter vanities was based in part on the fact that we had a good set of new stuff.

We want to set, and maintain, the expectation that anything in the past can be brought back at anytime. That said, we're still aware of the desire for old stuff to stay "unique". We don't always get things right to everyone's taste - but then again, trying to please everyone all the time isn't very realistic.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

The ice blades the rogue has in that screenshot are new Legendary Daggers unique to the Winter Content. There are similar "cold" and "ice" weapons for the other classes as well.
    I'm sorry, but when someone, anyone, any company, makes a clear statement saying "we/I will do this", I expect that person or company to do what they say, UNCONDITIONALLY, without exception, or change of heart.

I don't mind introducing new vanities. That's wonderful. I do mind being told something for many months, and then being told "Well we like these better(which is an opinion, just like my own) so we just aren't going to do what we promised because we changed our mind"

I made a decision months ago to not spend gold on the Arlors, as I KNEW they were coming back this Christmas because STS said they were. I absolutely LOVE the old Arlor sets. I was very much looking forward to them this Christmas. If I had been told Sts would change their mind, I would have bought them with gold, and enjoyed them all this time.

Again, this is all me, I speak for Noone else.
    I smell bacon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eeknoh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hey sam. Since the event comes on the 9th. Any chance you can show us a picture or info on the new arcane pet ? come onnn you know you wanna =D
    IGN ~ Heartless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You guys gotta stop making your plans based on what is posted in the forum. Nothing is ever certain until it happens. Keep that in mind starting today. The forum can sometimes give you ideas, but STS changes their minds a lot. That is how it has always been going back to the Pocket Legends days.

Often times the posts here are just what they are thinking and they are trying to gauge the opinion of the players. So when they post "last year's vanities are coming back" and then everyone posts "No!!! don't do it, I want my tree set to stay discontinued", then STS may change their plan based on that.

So if you want to be safe, never trust that anything they post is for certain until it happens. Otherwise you may get burned.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #164
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eeknoh View Post
    I'm sorry, but when someone, anyone, any company, makes a clear statement saying "we/I will do this", I expect that person or company to do what they say, UNCONDITIONALLY, without exception, or change of heart.

I don't mind introducing new vanities. That's wonderful. I do mind being told something for many months, and then being told "Well we like these better(which is an opinion, just like my own) so we just aren't going to do what we promised because we changed our mind"

I made a decision months ago to not spend gold on the Arlors, as I KNEW they were coming back this Christmas because STS said they were. I absolutely LOVE the old Arlor sets. I was very much looking forward to them this Christmas. If I had been told Sts would change their mind, I would have bought them with gold, and enjoyed them all this time.

Again, this is all me, I speak for Noone else.
    Sorry that you feel the way you do. It is my fault for not being more clear about the issue.

In reviewing my posts, I don't see anywhere that I guaranteed that any specific thing would be done. I'm pretty careful about that. My previous statements have been to the effect of what I stated earlier in this thread: we reserve the right to bring back any content at any time. That doesn't mean that we will. If people made a leap to believe something - then that is an error on our part for not being clearer in our statements.

I do see this post

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1319495

and can see how people would interpret that to include all specific vanities. As it is, the design team included the winter outfit and not the others.

Again, my apologies.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 12-03-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

The decision to not bring back the other set of Arlor winter vanities was based in part on the fact that we had a good set of new stuff.

We want to set, and maintain, the expectation that anything in the past can be brought back at anytime. That said, we're still aware of the desire for old stuff to stay "unique". We don't always get things right to everyone's taste - but then again, trying to please everyone all the time isn't very realistic.

The ice blades the rogue has in that screenshot are new Legendary Daggers unique to the Winter Content. There are similar "cold" and "ice" weapons for the other classes as well.
    Yea, about said 'new stuff' one set is just basically a palette swap of an old set. I would hardly call that new per se, its just new in the sense that it's a new color, but meh I don't really care for it anyway so no real loss there.

But I will give you credit on the real new holiday gear, it's spectacular, but tbh I too am kinda disappointed that the old holiday gear isn't making a comeback in light of your repeated confirmations that it would be. I looked forward to it, such a pity and a low blow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Hi Sam,

Firstly thanks for the update. Secondly can you tell me if the weapons shown in the pics are mythics? I think we would all Iike to know

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Sorry that you feel the way you do. It is my fault for not being more clear about the issue.

In reviewing my posts, I don't see anywhere that I guaranteed that any specific thing would be done. I'm pretty careful about that. My previous statements have been to the effect of what I stated earlier in this thread: we reserve the right to bring back any content at any time. That doesn't mean that we will. If people made a leap to believe something - then that is an error on our part for not being clearer in our statements.

I do see this post

and can see how people would interpret that to include all specific vanities. As it is, the design team included the winter outfit and not the others.

Again, my apologies.
    Sam: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ome-back/page2

Last sentence in your first paragraph: "So we want to clearly set the expectation that old stuff will come back."

The way anyone reads this, their expectations would be, "OH YES, THEY'RE COMING BACK".

Just saying.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Are the blades that the rogue has legendary, mythic, or arcane? Just wondering because the sorcerer is holding an arcane weapon, and I can't tell what the warrior is holding, so I wondered...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Hi Sam,

Firstly thanks for the update. Secondly can you tell me if the weapons shown in the pics are mythics? I think we would all Ike to know
    Might as well wait until they get here. Plans can change right?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Again, my apologies.
    Check every sts member post and get back to me. I never said who was saying it. Iirc Carapace would be the one who was very specefic. I appreciate your concern, I'm not personally going to go so far as to check back every sts post over the last year. But if that's what you do, kudos.

At the end of the day, you're saying its like fine print in a loan application. Should I have my lawyer review forum posts to make sure I'm not misreading it?

Soooo many people feel mislead or flat out lied to about this. I've spent the last hour chatting about it in guild, and tells.

To be honest I am not surprised, but I am disappointed. Its one thing after another lately that has that affect on ME in this game.
    I smell bacon

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eeknoh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Might as well wait until they get here. Plans can change right?
    Rofl

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #172
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    You said in the first post that old vanities will be making a comeback but it's now been changed to that they will not
    There are "old" vanities coming back - the Winter Clothes (for lack of a better way to describe that set). What changed is that not all of the 2012 vanities are returning. Again, my apologies for not having previously messaged that with crystal clarity.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hi Sam,

Firstly thanks for the update. Secondly can you tell me if the weapons shown in the pics are mythics? I think we would all Iike to know
    if you're referring to the ice dagger things. he said they are legendarys, jon
    IGN ~ Heartless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I do see this post

Again, my apologies.
    It's not a leap to believe something. A dev commented in a thread that last years christmas vanities would be back. If there's an error on ur guys part it's not that the ideas aren't communicated to use well, it's that you failed to communicate internally.

And I know for sure I read it in a thread. I just don't feel like searching through pages and pages to find it. Basically because I didn't have any of these vanities and wasn't affected by it. I'm sure others will do the digging tho. haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Hi Sam,

See above!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlessR View Post
    if you're referring to the ice dagger things. he said they are legendarys, jon
    Cheers man, prob missed it. Gracias

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Arcane Legends Winter Content In Development

There was obviously some confusion and possiably some missleading, but at the end of the day it's immpossiable for one person or one group of people to please the likes of hundreds of thousands or millions of people. Maybe one of the devs did say they were comeing back, but they made a mistake and minds were changed, nobodys perfect.
    INDUBITABLY:banana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Ok on a more serious note! My smurf can't be an ICE PRINCESS! /cry I'm gonna be a silly grinch with a stick on my head! Gah I've been a Xmas tree for months! Give me something purdy! Keke Hmph !
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 12-03-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    Ok on a more serious note! My smurf can't be an ICE PRINCESS! /cry silly grinch with a stick on his head! Hmph !
    Lol ikr emma, that princess vanity will look so dope on blue smurfs..
    Sniff snifff