Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Winter Content In Development

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Can you guys stop make the arlor vanitys back ? Why you dont want to try the new vanity then ?
    I know everyone want arlor vanitys back, but this year, no arlor vanitys, you can try other new vanitys..
    Sts are making a new vanitys, new weapon for each class, and a winter adventure...
    You guys would think if try vanitys, you just feel that the new vanitys cool and awesome..
    Edit: Red Arlor vanity set for mage and rogue will be back..except other vanitys...
    Last edited by Xeusx; 12-04-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    They went back on their word because lots of people WERE unhappy. As was discussed, lots of people paid 1m+ for these vanity sets that had been discontinued. If they were to be released again, those prices would fall to around 100k, and lots of folks would lose a ton of money. So STS listened to all of the complaints and altered their plan.

This was a case of people being unhappy no matter what they did. You can't please everyone no matter what you do. But STS does listen to customer feedback and sometimes changes their plans based on it. It sounds like you would prefer a company that sticks to their plan no matter what customer feedback says is popular.
    I saw only a few complains in forum about the old vanities coming back, most people was happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Red face

urmm, ok im kinda pissed let's be honest, but really i couldnt find a f** to give anymore lol, I mean who even keep their words nowadays?, well why don't we all red headed jerks like myself buy 713591928839193 of these new up coming vanity set?, and instead of begging Arlor to be back, tell em don't bring these new stuff back the next year, now this would be fair for EVERYONE.
    the end of the day devs/studio makes money, and they know what ever decision the make they still will, also I have no sympathy for sam's apology, as it wasn't just sam that mentioned the Arlor coming back, people lose millions because of this issue, but sadly we're just one of those customers they once cared about
    Last edited by Lovingly; 12-04-2013 at 04:25 AM.
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovingly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Im sure the majority of players (those that build 70% of AL players) doesnt really care about the arlors and expensive stuff, the remaining are those ungrateful enough for recent contents.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fritzce View Post
    it's not a wintercoat isn't it? it's winterCRAP coz it's color brown.. man, should've made it color black, or better, white
    Not bad, white would be definitely better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    No I prefer a company that listens to customer feedback, but I don't like it when they say a item is going to be released, listen to customer feedback & then don't give any heads up that the feedback changed there mind, lots of people sold there sets because DEVs said they'd be back & now there not coming back, pretty sure those people woulda loved a "hey guys sorry but we can't re-release them"
    Seems like what happened is exactly what you say here. Today Sam posted an update saying they changed their minds. Today's post is your "heads up". The update itself doesn't happen until next week.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I wish the new rogue vanity had elven ears or cute Santa's elf type design. I dont want to be killing people in pvp looking like Cinderella in that ice princess gown. :c
    So saving my plat on that. Well wish atleast the pets have stats good enough to spend plats on.

And yes I am DISAPPOINTED the ARLOR vanities are not coming back. Really wish they did.

Also why are clothes in Arcane Legends mostly always in shades of blue-bluish green? ( Archon armor, Radiant armor, Dimensional Armor, Guardian's armor, Winter fury, Deep Sea armor, Gold Ranger Leathers, Nordr vanity and now this BLUE ICE PRINCESS gown). Whats this fixation with blue? o.O

I would like to see some other colours for vanities in future - Snow white or bright red or bright pink or purple or golden yellow.
    Last edited by Zyntia; 12-04-2013 at 08:02 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zyntia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

They went back on their word because lots of people WERE unhappy. As was discussed, lots of people paid 1m+ for these vanity sets that had been discontinued. If they were to be released again, those prices would fall to around 100k, and lots of folks would lose a ton of money. So STS listened to all of the complaints and altered their plan.

This was a case of people being unhappy no matter what they did. You can't please everyone no matter what you do. But STS does listen to customer feedback and sometimes changes their plans based on it. It sounds like you would prefer a company that sticks to their plan no matter what customer feedback says is popular.
    True, but the fact is for many months... infact, up until the very last week, they confirmed that arlor sets WOULD be coming back. Heck, I know that most people did sell their sets expecting them to come back.

The amount of people that own arlor sets & would lose money is a smaller percentage. Are their discontinued vanities in the game? Sure. However, what has shown in the past is that seasonal vanities come back every single year. For them to go back in their word has caused lots of people financial loss & disappointment.

The amount of threads that I've seen on this issue was maybe two? The amount of people that were unhappy were relatively few compared to the amount of people that were happy that they were coming back.

You can spin it in any way that you like, but the truth is that they lied to us. I'm one of the people that held off buying vanities until this recent change explicitly for all the quotes. However, unlike most, I can afford the new prices. What about others who loved the vanity set for it's visual appearances?

They've angered more people than they would've.
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-04-2013 at 07:18 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

devs will kill their own game and lose lots of players just because of this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Couldn't us mages have something a little bit different? Grinch outfit looks a bit.... erm..... naff. Don't get me wrong the other 2 are just awesome! Emma is excited about the pretty frock for her rogue and the Warrior edition is also pretty nice. Just maybe sort the grinch outfit. How about a better hat? That would make it more appealing and wouldnt be too much work.

Something like this but not covering the whole head. You get the idea

Attachment 48886

Yes the grinch vanity is a bit naff! ...... Come on sts u can do better than a stick on a smurfs head!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Come on everyone stop with the negative attitude it is what it is ..... Look forward to the new content rather than complain about old content! I for one am very excited for the new content!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    True, but the fact is for many months... infact, up until the very last week, they confirmed that arlor sets WOULD be coming back. Heck, I know that most people did sell their sets expecting them to come back.

The amount of people that own arlor sets & would lose money is a smaller percentage. Are their discontinued vanities in the game? Sure. However, what has shown in the past is that seasonal vanities come back every single year. For them to go back in their word has caused lots of people financial loss & disappointment.

The amount of threads that I've seen on this issue was maybe two? The amount of people that were unhappy were relatively few compared to the amount of people that were happy that they were coming back.

You can spin it in any way that you like, but the truth is that they lied to us. I'm one of the people that held off buying vanities until this recent change explicitly for all the quotes. However, unlike most, I can afford the new prices. What about others who loved the vanity set for it's visual appearances?

They've angered more people than they would've.
    Well, i like my xmas tree set, and i didnt sell it whatever was murmored around.
    Remember, the game should step forward, not back and it is great new things and vanities appear. The more varities we have, the more choice we are given and everyone is finally satisfied. If we run over same vanities every season than it is emmm.. no fun.
    It is the game. Some day you win money some day you loose. This makes it interesting. And if devs give you a year-forward plan of updates. Well, you will be rich and bored in few months of such predictable gameplay

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Okatare For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Wooo great lots of gold hunt

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Seems like what happened is exactly what you say here. Today Sam posted an update saying they changed their minds. Today's post is your "heads up". The update itself doesn't happen until next week.
    We've known about the event coming out since early November, there's been multiple threads asking if they'd return & there's been multiple quotes by the DEVs saying they'd return, the DEVs knew that they had no intention of bringing the arlors back, yet didn't tell the community that until 5 DAYS before the event when everyone's already sold there stuff, now they have to deal with everyone's rage comments about there decision & for them giving no information to the player base about it, it's not much of a "heads up" a couple days before, it very easily could have been said "arlors aren't returning, winter fury is getting remade into winters rage" but they didn't, they kept saying old vanitys would return, when asked about arlor vanities returning they said yes, all this very easily could have been avoided if they came out from the start & made a comment about them

I believe Zeus (Apollo) put it quite well "You can spin this around any way you like but the truth is they lied to us"
    Last edited by Derezzzed; 12-04-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just let the people voice out as sort of relief as what I did as well. At first I was disappointed, they made a false hope and course they did mentioned that those vanities will return last year. How can it be a seasonal vanities if they wouldn't return, those vanities are same with Halloween vanities. The worst is sam stated that "old stuff will return "as they are concern of players(esp. new players) who would love to see those old cool stuff. Now where's the old stuff? the winter vanities with new color?.. its a big NO.. They brought it back coz its cheaper than arlor and those SELFISH RICH kids will not get mad.. They were not being specific, atleast they should mentioned that SOME of the stuff will return well perhaps people would be aware of what would happen.

I sold my arlor set before and yesterday I bought again. Hopefully next time STS will be sincere to their words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I am kinda frustrated.. if you like vanity.. wear it no matter what. Dislike - sell. If someone was greedy and sold vanity one loved.. well, Christmas is time to give greedy ppl a lesspn :-) it is always been like that in allll the fairy tales.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Okatare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Honestly I think they shouldn't come back. Having same vanity every year is lame. It ruins its value.
    Maybe I was the only one thought they meant snowball is coming back and some old vanity would come too.

They apologized and it will be done. Don't you guys remember? Every time something like this happens their answer was always 'sorry. But move on'
    Nothing new that sts don't care about our complains.
    (Hope they will be more responsible but also not this time. Well. Weird.)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Excuses For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Selling and buying is always a risky venture. Even in real life. Situations change all of the time. There is no certainty in a selling and buying situation. Unless you have a legally signed document between all parties anything can change at any time. (aka official update) Just ask your brokers on wall street how fast things change. Take that into account when buying and selling. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. That's the deal of markets of any type. Even if you think you have good insider information. Taking anyone's suggestion or advice to heart and acting on it without the official release is like playing with derivatives and futures trading. It's all a huge gamble. And in AL there is no insurance you can purchase if you lose the gamble. So learn to deal and adapt to ever changing situations. It doesn't matter what devs have and have not said. It only matters what is officially released.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiloto View Post
    Selling and buying is always a risky venture. Even in real life. Situations change all of the time. There is no certainty in a selling and buying situation. Unless you have a legally signed document between all parties anything can change at any time. (aka official update) Just ask your brokers on wall street how fast things change. Take that into account when buying and selling. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. That's the deal of markets of any type. Even if you think you have good insider information. Taking anyone's suggestion or advice to heart and acting on it without the official release is like playing with derivatives and futures trading. It's all a huge gamble. And in AL there is no insurance you can purchase if you lose the gamble. So learn to deal and adapt to ever changing situations. It doesn't matter what devs have and have not said. It only matters what is officially released.
    This is not real life!
    In real life, the one who does insider trading or sends false information to the public will get accused, and most likely will face large amount of forfeit or going to prison.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Can we get screenshots of new weapons for Warriors and Mages??