Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Winter Content In Development

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiloto View Post
    Selling and buying is always a risky venture. Even in real life. Situations change all of the time. There is no certainty in a selling and buying situation. Unless you have a legally signed document between all parties anything can change at any time. (aka official update) Just ask your brokers on wall street how fast things change. Take that into account when buying and selling. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. That's the deal of markets of any type. Even if you think you have good insider information. Taking anyone's suggestion or advice to heart and acting on it without the official release is like playing with derivatives and futures trading. It's all a huge gamble. And in AL there is no insurance you can purchase if you lose the gamble. So learn to deal and adapt to ever changing situations. It doesn't matter what devs have and have not said. It only matters what is officially released.
    Yeah... but you are missing the point here. There is no legal ground. That is not in question here. Let me give you an example.

If I tell my neighbor that I will house sit for him over Christmas and he makes plans to go out of town. Then, a few days before he leaves I tell him. "Oh... I changed my mind. I have the right to do that. It is my mind after all." Its not like I have any legal obligation to him. He can't sue me or anything. I can do what I want. Right? But what does that make me? What does it say about me as a person? That someone trusted me based on what I told them. Then I turn around and pull the rug out from under them?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Whats with red arlor for rogue?? New rogue van looks nice + the ice cat <3<3

IGN: ERIANA, ERIANU, ERIANO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about the red arlor for rogue? is it going back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

I heard many are complaining bout this.angry and dissapointed.

If i recalled theres a thread asking whether this set will return.thats like asking a spoiler or hint on item release to make as much profit in the market.
    Since when we would ask such thing and expecting a truthful answer?

Btw is mhytic weapon going to be released again dev?are you gonna buff hooks?coz i wana hoard as many and forecast my profits.
    Lemme know k.
    semi-retired

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Btw devs if i may share my 2cents on winter fury vanity.

Since you have decided to make its return,i feel that the look and feel can be slightly improvised.

The tone of red seems to lack vibrancy,making your toon looking pale.perhaps we can explore a fresher tone from the available colour palatte?

Minimal tweak on the design should be fine to establish some pod.just how you differentiate plucked witch attire with the flaps.maybe for the helm you can lose the cape and make it like a hood. Bad example perhaps but some dynamics shud enhance the design.

Good job on the overall winter content hope it will be a blast.cheers
    semi-retired

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    Btw devs if i may share my 2cents on winter fury vanity.

Since you have decided to make its return,i feel that the look and feel can be slightly improvised.

The tone of red seems to lack vibrancy,making your toon looking pale.perhaps we can explore a fresher tone from the available colour palatte?

Minimal tweak on the design should be fine to establish some pod.just how you differentiate plucked witch attire with the flaps.maybe for the helm you can lose the cape and make it like a hood. Bad example perhaps but some dynamics shud enhance the design.

Good job on the overall winter content hope it will be a blast.cheers
    Hunter green would be a significantly better colour choice, and would generate a lot more interest, imo.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yes, we have an awesome new Arcane Pet that will be out during the Tarlok's Wrath event. I can't wait to show the pet off.
    Well. I wannt know about this more.
    Any picture or ability yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Yeah... but you are missing the point here. There is no legal ground. That is not in question here. Let me give you an example.

If I tell my neighbor that I will house sit for him over Christmas and he makes plans to go out of town. Then, a few days before he leaves I tell him. "Oh... I changed my mind. I have the right to do that. It is my mind after all." Its not like I have any legal obligation to him. He can't sue me or anything. I can do what I want. Right? But what does that make me? What does it say about me as a person? That someone trusted me based on what I told them. Then I turn around and pull the rug out from under them?
    it would make u a liar. what surprises me is how many people are defending sts in this. it's a sad commentary on our global society when sticking to ur word isn't seen as honorable or expected. Comments like "they do this all the time, u should expect it" are really baffling.

I'm like maalice. I'm not basing any of my in game actions on what the devs say. I'm waiting for 3 days after release before i do anything.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    it would make u a liar. what surprises me is how many people are defending sts in this. it's a sad commentary on our global society when sticking to ur word isn't seen as honorable or expected. Comments like "they do this all the time, u should expect it" are really baffling.

I'm like maalice. I'm not basing any of my in game actions on what the devs say. I'm waiting for 3 days after release before i do anything.
    The people defending STS on this are merchers plain & simple, If you enjoy the arlor sets & enjoy wearing them you shouldn't care that other players can get them, but the only comments I see is "oh I payed one million for the set now there gonna be 100k" if you cared about your set so much u wouldn't care what the value of it is, plain & simple, they don't care about other players having a chance to get the Arlor sets nor do they care about the sets themselves, they only care about the monatery value in gold the sets have, which is a VERY SELFISH move, All players should have a chance to acquire old vanitys (there a tradeable item) but most people don't have the 1-3m in gold to buy the sets

& before anyone comes out with "oh there seasonal items, they shouldn't come back" that's what Cap & leaderboard banners are for

& I'm with u & Malice, can't Beleive anything until 3days - 1week after the update
    Last edited by Derezzzed; 12-04-2013 at 03:00 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Why isn't the rogues a red themed suit? Ice princess/queen?

Looks another year wait for my arlor hat!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

are we foreshadowing the future arcane daggers that will be released? I see the warrior has his arcane maul and mage has arcane staff but rogue is wearing new weapons...

would be nice looking arcanes if that's what they are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    The people defending STS on this are merchers plain & simple, If you enjoy the arlor sets & enjoy wearing them you shouldn't care that other players can get them, but the only comments I see is "oh I payed one million for the set now there gonna be 100k" if you cared about your set so much u wouldn't care what the value of it is, plain & simple, they don't care about other players having a chance to get the Arlor sets nor do they care about the sets themselves, they only care about the monatery value in gold the sets have, which is a VERY SELFISH move, All players should have a chance to acquire old vanitys (there a tradeable item) but most people don't have the 1-3m in gold to buy the sets

& before anyone comes out with "oh there seasonal items, they shouldn't come back" that's what Cap & leaderboard banners are for

& I'm with u & Malice, can't Beleive anything until 3days - 1week after the update
    Well, let me say this. I don't think EVERYTHING should be recycled. Its good to have very rare things in game for a person to work for. However, if developers or other employees of STS confirm that something WILL be recycled (and therefore impact market trends) THEN it should be done. I mean, people are taking the word from the game developers and basing decisions off of that. The person selling AND the person buying. There is no insider information here. We're talking about public information. People were willing to pay a premium on the items to have them now as opposed to later.

However, like I've said several times in this thread, a simple "it may come back it may not" doesn't affect the market for these items and leaves the developers to do as they wish. Then it is truly at the players own risk to buy or sell. Once they fall on either side of the fence, there is going to be a ripple effect.

Take for example yesterday. All those Arlors that were on CS, priced at a point that was based on the fact that they would return. Minutes after the announcments were made, CS was cleared out and those same items were for sale at 2x or 3x the earlier price.
    Last edited by Rare; 12-04-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Well, let me say this. I don't think EVERYTHING should be recycled. Its good to have very rare things in game for a person to work for. However, if developers or other employees of STS confirm that something WILL be recycled (and therefore impact market trends) THEN it should be done. I mean, people are taking the word from the game developers and basing decisions off of that. The person selling AND the person buying. There is no insider information here. We're talking about public information. People were willing to pay a premium on the items to have them now as opposed to later.

However, like I've said several times in this thread, a simple "it may come back it may not" doesn't affect the market for these items and leaves the developers to do as they wish. Then it is truly at the players own risk to buy or sell. Once they fall on either side of the fence, there is going to be a ripple effect.

Take for example yesterday. All those Arlors that were on CS, priced at a point that was based on the fact that they would return. Minutes after the announcments were made, CS was cleared out and those same items were for sale at 2x or 3x the earlier price.
    & that's exactly my point, they DID say they were coming back, the player base thought they were coming back so everyone sold there sets, now at the last minute STS says they aren't coming back & the arlors are back on CS for 2x 3x the price, as I've stated multiple times, why was there no heads up at all about this? You can't tell me the DEVs didn't know that everyone was thinking they'd come back, bad move by STS not re-realizing them when they said they would

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Well. I wannt know about this more.
    Any picture or ability yet?
    Lol, watch it be a blue version of Samael/Abbadon with a shield and mace. I'd laugh so hard if this happens, because this is what STS likes to do, remake an original model and try to get money atta it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I like the pets. They're pretty cool, especially the reindeer sabertooth tiger and spider.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Your tedious whining is tedious.

Could everyone stop whining about their arlors?

Sam apologized for not being clearer. No, they won't be reimbursing you in any fashion. Move on.

Let's agree to whine about more important things, like why there are still no guild improvements, why there still isn't 1v1 pvp, and why there still isn't a double confirm on the friggin 5-plat revive button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post

Sam apologized for not being clearer. No, they won't be reimbursing you in any fashion. Move on.

Let's agree to whine about more important things, like why there are still no guild improvements, why there still isn't 1v1 pvp, and why there still isn't a double confirm on the friggin 5-plat revive button.
    Agree on your last 3 points (I Beleive a confirm button is in the works, i saw a post somewhere about it) but again DEVs shouldn't have said they were returning & they should of gave a heads up that they weren't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yogasun View Post
    Lol, watch it be a blue version of Samael/Abbadon with a shield and mace. I'd laugh so hard if this happens, because this is what STS likes to do, remake an original model and try to get money atta it.
    No no no, c'mon we all know it'll be Grimm with a candy cane

On a serious note, if they did this, they would easily take the Grimm model & make it into a "ghost of chirstmas" (from "A Christmas carol" aka the ghosts that visit Ebineber Scrouge) all they'd have to do is make the model completely ethereal (like sameals smoke sort of) remove the scythe & add chains to the hands & there you have it, new arcane pet ^_^
    Last edited by Derezzzed; 12-04-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post

Maybe you should take that to the suggestions section as this thread is specifically about the Winter Content

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The new rogue set is just gorgeous! I can't wait to get my very own ice princess vanity! As for this petty squabble over last years gear...get over it. I for one wouldn't dare to be seen in last years fashions! A lady must stay up to date you know
    Avoyelles,Dejavoodoo