Thread: Player Numbers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Player Numbers

Well I dont know if it's just coincidence or it's due to the recent changes with 1.5. But the player makeup of the game has changed dramatically. I'm sure this is also due to Android launching too. Numbers I just looked at are telling. I sorted games by level in join game page:

Players online: 1228
    Maps started by under 45: 51 pages
    Maps started by 45+ players: 3 pages

It appears either everyone has started new charaters or most of the old players have simply left. Either way, it's getting incredibly lonely at the top.

Devs please, please tell me you are looking at this and have some fantastic ideas to get the old school back?

It almost feels like the attention is now solely on building the multi-platform engine and the system itself rather than the game 'Pocket Legends'. I understand the real money for Spacetime is in licensing the technology, not from our paltry plat purchases. I just hope there is still interest inside STS to keep developing the 'Pocket Legends' game as well. The lack of any feedback on a new roadmap for over 4 months seems a little telling?
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you kidding there was like 2300 online at one moment and 1000games
    lvl45-Archer-Gwippy-lvl45-Bear-Renkai-lvl45-Enchantress-Archnai-lvl19-One Hit KO bird-Twinxy-lvl47-Bear-Untha-lvl39-Enchantress-Lietei
    lvl25-bird-villo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

?? What's your point? I'm not saying there arent people playing or lots of games. Just that the VAST majority are sub 30 players. Very little 45+ players playing right now. Seems they have all run away!
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I play seveal lower level chars. It's fun to see how much your gameplay changes once you've been through, you can play a bit without getting hammered by invite spam or strangers PMing with "hlp lvl pls" or "do you have any str/int/dex gear to give me?" and it's fun to try a different type of char. I rarely play my 50 Mage because AO3 isn't fun as a pure mage in my opinion. My bird's almost at 48, so until a couple days ago, I was one of those low-level players (and still am on a couple chars).
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm