Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

hey i play lvl 26 pvp
    i like your
    ice
    light and curse build
    plus slag is great
    this really helped me cause i used fireball ice and light before and usually died alot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Attack Dog View Post
    How to kill a sorcerer with rouge in 3 easy steps
    1) throw packs and tank
    2) wait for shield to go down
    3) charged aim with your combo from your build
    What level is this for? At end game, that strategy will get you destroyed by even mediocre mages.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Alhunt,

You're going to hate me for this but I'll post the counter to these builds. On the bright side, now that you know the counters...perhaps y'all can figure out new strategies.

How to kill stunlock sorcerer:
    Typically, at this cap, these sorcerers have 3 damage skills and one shield. Thus, they're usually pretty difficult! Here's what I like to use to kill these smurfs:
    • Magma Doublet of Brutality
    • Mythic Helm
    • Exoedition Bow of Brutality
    • Mythic Ring/Arcane Ring
    • Wild Amulet of Potency
    • Malison, Gyrm, Samael

Now, you'll notice that this gear set up is quite different from what you normally see versus a sorcerer. Why? Well, you don't really need all that much damage versus a sorcerer to kill them. The problem is surviving, right? So get gear that's suitable to surviving without dropping your damage by insane amounts. This gear should serve just fine. Who said full mythics are a requirement? This is both cheap and affordable.

Now, Gyrm is a great great per versus mages. It completely cripples their already low crit so their nukes are about halved in terms of damage as long as you know how to use the AA correctly. I prefer to stun with bow, let the little but potent frog get within arcane ability range. When using this pet, never forget to charge razor shield at the start - followed by charged bow. If done properly, you should have just enough time to complete both sequences.

Malison best works with razor shield (20% dodge upgrade, extended time, and the movement impairment immunity upgrade). The best time to activate this is in the beginning, just before you bow stun. This, combined with razor shield should help prevent any stunlocks from occurring. Lastly, always always always make sure to charge razor shield.

Samael is the easiest to use of the three and by far the most convenient. For this, charge razor shield, followed by bow stun. When the bow stun wears off, activate Samael's AA.

Build:
    • 5/5 Aimed Shot
    • 2/5 Noxious Bolt (Last upgrade only) - swap Nox with razor shield when fighting sorcerers
    • 5/5 Health Packs
    • 4/5 Razor Shield (no bleed upgrade)
    • 2/5 Shadow Piercer (Heal upgrade)
    • 5/5 Int, Str, Dex
    • 5/5 Crit
    • 2/5 Armor

Now, with this build, there is a variety of ways to utilize it. However, the fundamental concept is that one must always start with charged razor shield. Following this, you can choose to pack or bow stun, depending on how hard the sorcerer hits. From there, use razor shield as a way to get to your packs with relative ease all the while firing aimed shots. Please note, only use piercer when you can afford to. It is not smart to use it if it puts you in a position that will put you far away from your packs.

If I plan to pierce away from my packs, I usually do charged aim and then pierce. This usually is towards the end where the sorcerer is weakened to the point where this will be the finishing combo.

I also thoroughly enjoy veil, which I have written a thread on for how to use. If that strategy appeals to players more, use that strategy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

^This needs a new topic.

Also, always PvP-wise your build has two things I would correct.

First of all, having 4/5 in Razor Shield is a waste of 1 skill point. I'm glad you finally shushed and accepted razor but the 20% dodge and the movement-impairing immunity upgrades offer nothing extra if combined - you can't be stunned in the first place and you can't dodge the damage or the skill. So you can move that point to 3/5 armor passive.

Secondly, your Nox would be ineffective for non-ring rogue since the poison damage has quite an impact on rogue vs rogue fights. For normal mythic rogues, I'd suggest moving those two points from armor passive to nox (extra three seconds and extra damage per second).

Lastly, what's your critical rate? You could slightly increase your armor with critical rate's excess after, say 45 crit plateau (I think you're around 47 or something)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    ^This needs a new topic.

Also, always PvP-wise your build has two things I would correct.

First of all, having 4/5 in Razor Shield is a waste of 1 skill point. I'm glad you finally shushed and accepted razor but the 20% dodge and the movement-impairing immunity upgrades offer nothing extra if combined - you can't be stunned in the first place and you can't dodge the damage or the skill. So you can move that point to 3/5 armor passive.

Secondly, your Nox would be ineffective for non-ring rogue since the poison damage has quite an impact on rogue vs rogue fights. For normal mythic rogues, I'd suggest moving those two points from armor passive to nox (extra three seconds and extra damage per second).

Lastly, what's your critical rate? You could slightly increase your armor with critical rate's excess after, say 45 crit plateau (I think you're around 47 or something)?
    The dodge upgrade is for dodging the auto attack of sorcerers. Since a sorcerer only has so many skills with longer cool downs than a rogue does, they use auto attack to compensate. The dodge helps a lot of these attacks miss which is important.

Your second point, you would know this better than I would. I find the poison damage useless and ineffective in PvP. These points can be better used elsewhere.

My critical rate with that set up is ~40%. This, I've found, is plenty versus a Mage. Of course, versus a rogue I would recommend higher but this will do the job against most rogues. If I wear max damage gear, I can get to around 46.6% critical rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Nab. Your build is better suited for arcane rogues. I've had my fair share of matches as plain mythic rogue and yes, nox matters. Not as much as the bugged aimeds but still. And also the stackable DoT destroys mages - sometimes I swap pierce for it as it offers more mobility to grab the packs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Nab. Your build is better suited for arcane rogues. I've had my fair share of matches as plain mythic rogue and yes, nox matters. Not as much as the bugged aimeds but still. And also the stackable DoT destroys mages - sometimes I swap pierce for it as it offers more mobility to grab the packs.
    Make a thread on it! I'll contribute my methods if one is fully geared and you can contribute your methods if one is not as fortunate with the gears.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You're going to hate me for this but I'll post the counter to these builds. On the bright side, now that you know the counters...perhaps y'all can figure out new strategies.
    What do you do vs 4 attack build (Fire, light, ice, clock) like in my vid vs ctf? I still guess when Fireball hits its gg. When Fireball stun misses its gg the other way around...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I wanna write up a new "How to kill a rogue" guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    What do you do vs 4 attack build (Fire, light, ice, clock) like in my vid vs ctf? I still guess when Fireball hits its gg. When Fireball stun misses its gg the other way around...
    I will one hit you.

No shield is gg.

Robhawk

I will one hit you.

No shield is gg.
    I say equaly geared and the fireball stun hits with following Samael AA = perhaps you are dead before you hit once!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I say equaly geared and the fireball stun hits with following Samael AA = perhaps you are dead before you hit once!
    That will work only once.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    That will work only once.
    Well perhaps... but its easy to use different tactics and when the rogues thinks the 4 attack skills hit again you just use early shield with Fire and light and a very late curse... or something different with Shield, CLock, Fire, Light...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Nice Necro ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Samael rarely stuns rogues, trust me on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I wanna write up a new "How to kill a rogue" guide
    Can't wait to give comments

Robhawk

Samael rarely stuns rogues, trust me on this.
    Really? Thats bad news

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Uhmm, question. DO i have to charge all skills when attacking? Like fireball need charge to stun, lightning need to charge for crit/stun. Idk some mage stuffs

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Devarogue View Post
    Uhmm, question. DO i have to charge all skills when attacking? Like fireball need charge to stun, lightning need to charge for crit/stun. Idk some mage stuffs
    It all depends on the updates you chose for your skills... Just read the description and you no if its worth to charge or not. A Fireball with stun-upgrade should be charged when you need the stun.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devarogue View Post
    Charging mage skills are always better, but sometimes a tapped lightning is better than charged because of the additional timing taken to charge it. Playing a mage involves lots of adapting.

P.S: Charged lightning stuns. The 250% chance to crit happens even if you tap the skill.