Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Alhunt,

You're going to hate me for this but I'll post the counter to these builds. On the bright side, now that you know the counters...perhaps y'all can figure out new strategies.

How to kill stunlock sorcerer:
Typically, at this cap, these sorcerers have 3 damage skills and one shield. Thus, they're usually pretty difficult! Here's what I like to use to kill these smurfs:
• Magma Doublet of Brutality
• Mythic Helm
• Exoedition Bow of Brutality
• Mythic Ring/Arcane Ring
• Wild Amulet of Potency
• Malison, Gyrm, Samael

Now, you'll notice that this gear set up is quite different from what you normally see versus a sorcerer. Why? Well, you don't really need all that much damage versus a sorcerer to kill them. The problem is surviving, right? So get gear that's suitable to surviving without dropping your damage by insane amounts. This gear should serve just fine. Who said full mythics are a requirement? This is both cheap and affordable.

Now, Gyrm is a great great per versus mages. It completely cripples their already low crit so their nukes are about halved in terms of damage as long as you know how to use the AA correctly. I prefer to stun with bow, let the little but potent frog get within arcane ability range. When using this pet, never forget to charge razor shield at the start - followed by charged bow. If done properly, you should have just enough time to complete both sequences.

Malison best works with razor shield (20% dodge upgrade, extended time, and the movement impairment immunity upgrade). The best time to activate this is in the beginning, just before you bow stun. This, combined with razor shield should help prevent any stunlocks from occurring. Lastly, always always always make sure to charge razor shield.

Samael is the easiest to use of the three and by far the most convenient. For this, charge razor shield, followed by bow stun. When the bow stun wears off, activate Samael's AA.

Build:
• 5/5 Aimed Shot
• 2/5 Noxious Bolt (Last upgrade only) - swap Nox with razor shield when fighting sorcerers
• 5/5 Health Packs
• 4/5 Razor Shield (no bleed upgrade)
• 2/5 Shadow Piercer (Heal upgrade)
• 5/5 Int, Str, Dex
• 5/5 Crit
• 2/5 Armor

Now, with this build, there is a variety of ways to utilize it. However, the fundamental concept is that one must always start with charged razor shield. Following this, you can choose to pack or bow stun, depending on how hard the sorcerer hits. From there, use razor shield as a way to get to your packs with relative ease all the while firing aimed shots. Please note, only use piercer when you can afford to. It is not smart to use it if it puts you in a position that will put you far away from your packs.

If I plan to pierce away from my packs, I usually do charged aim and then pierce. This usually is towards the end where the sorcerer is weakened to the point where this will be the finishing combo.

I also thoroughly enjoy veil, which I have written a thread on for how to use. If that strategy appeals to players more, use that strategy.
It all sounds good on paper, however razor rogues are, imo, paper. The low damage of the skill and the proximity requirement removes its usability as a damage skill. Most mages will adapt and stay out of your razor range so you're basically stuck with 2 attack skills which shouldn't be enough to take down any mage with your equal (or higher) gear.

Oh and theoretically, razor damage should reflect heavily due to curse.