Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Loot Drop Extremes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Loot Drop Extremes

Someone told me last night that i had the most kills for a mage (16,000) possibly on the site, so i'd like to believe when i make a statement that it holds at least a tiny bit of weight and credibility.

prior to the last update i spent about 5 days farming while maxed out at level 30. during those 5 days i complained a lot about the frequency of pink drops. i would guess over the 5 day span i had about 10,000 kills and accrued maybe 60 pinks.

over the last 5 days (maybe 4?) since the update i've accrued another 3,000 kills and have seen 0 pinks. what is even more astonishing is that prior to the update i had about 100 purples (so many purples that i didn't even bother trying to trade them. i basically just sold em) and since then i've gotten 0 purples.

while i am happy about the reduced drop rate, i'm not happy about 0 purples or pinks. and to even take it to a larger extreme, during the last couple days while doing the dungeons with others i've only seen 2 purples drop for other people...and still...0 pinks!

reduced rate = good
    never ever ever ever ever getting a pink (or purple) = lame
    never ever ever ever getting a pink or seeing one drop for others = horrible game with no real incentive to play
    Last edited by mkatzpp; 05-03-2010 at 06:37 AM.
    Mage--Peyton
    Level 30 (who isn't these days)
    alterra