Thread: Stop complaining

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Default Stop complaining

Hey its burn here attempting to make sense out of all the recent complaints that have plagued pl

Number 1

The plat packs are "overpowered"

Do i think that is true? Well from my point of view it isnt

Example
    My 30 bear (full iceberg set hatchet and pink helm) was pvping a 35 plat pack bear and when i said go i was think

"O DAYUM ME GONNA GET PUMPED". But as it turns out i didnt even though the fight took like 5minutes i still managed to win and this led me to think that maybe the plat pack isnt so OP afterall

If you still think it is just practise learn some degree of timing and practise without the plat set and u may be suprised at how well you do!

Number2

We havent had a cap

Alot or basically the entire PL forums (including me) have been complaining about the lack of cap updates, now if i am correct and im sure doc will correct me : but we have not had a cap for like 1 and a alf years.

Why? You may ask well i am going to be more on the hopeful optimistic side where i think the witerfest this year is gonna be a blast. im hoping for a cap raihe and a decent non plat paid runs.

But if you still think im being dumb just go complain somewhere else i have complete faith in the pl devs

Number3

"PAY TO PLAY"

As you will all know running BSM and nuri etc can be hell without a decent tank bear, support mage and damage bird and no elixirs. But i remember a day when everyone could easily run sewers without elixirs in under 2minuts and the entire ccampaign in under 15

How did they do this? Well i think they used a mystical and rare thing called "skill" the bears would tank all the hits the mage would heal and debuff and the bird would output loads of dps

How could i learn this? well you could read some amazing guides by mrwallace, whoisthis, pharcyde and physiologic + many many more they were great at playing their respective class and would make a great team.

Number4

The endgame 1shotted in pvp

(WORD OF WARNING : I CURRENTLY HAVE NO CHAR OVER THE SEWER CAP SO I WILL EDIT THIS IN LATER WHEN I HAVE SOME DECENT IDEA OF WHATS GOING ON)

SOME LINKS

enchantress guide
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Headquarters
    Credits to pharcyde

Bear guide
    Look at links in his sig as well
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Meet-Mrwallace
    Credits to mrwallace

Bird guide
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...quipment-Guide
    Credits to physiologic

(How a bird was played in sewer before everyone used elixir)
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...o-be-an-archer
    credits to physiologic and the p,ayers in the videos

Thanks for reading

~burn
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

There are no more 1 shots in endgame, Burn.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    You can still 1 shot bird v bird
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

tbh plat pack is ez if you have a fb

but then again, people say outdated crap like "op fbow nub" when they themselves are using str packs

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    You can still 1 shot bird v bird
    Lol really? Last time I played We can't.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Number 1- sure idk.

Number 2- idk whether we have a cap any time soon, there are still things to do in pl…

Number 3- I am capping my 2nd character, and have many PvP twinks, I have not yet purchased a single piece of platinum. Its very possible to cap w/o elixirs, it just may take 3-4x longer. So is this a p2win game?? Depends on if you want it to be a p2w game. The majority of bears/rhino, pretty much every class are rly bad, they hide behind fancy sets, and elixirs.

1 shotted? I don't PvP much so you can discuss that w/o me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Lol really? Last time I played We can't.
    Ex is right, at least a 2 shot KO for bird vs. bird.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

After reading this thread:

1. Watch the videos in the linked archer thread
    2. Open PL
    3. Join any game
    4. Cry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme:1359521
    Two shots nowdays.

Blast shot+auto shot from bow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I don't want a new cap. I'm too lazy to farm

I want balanced pvp so I can enjoy it for a long time before I have to farm for a new set.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Hypocritical title much

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Gonna respectfully disagree, if only to illustrate that there's a difference in complaint and construct criticism.

As to 1: the stats are sometimes higher than normal gear 10 levels higher. This is bad design, you are not supposed to fight someone more than 5 levels higher than you, so why should gear outclass 10 levels?
    Here's a thread that wasn't a rant but backed up opinion with statistics.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ight=Nerf+pack
    No one disagreeing had the same statistical rebuttal, the contraries usually amounted to "get skill" which doesn't address the numerical imbalance.
    When forgottens came out I was one of those who, like you here, wrote "adapt and overcome."
    I was less informed, even now after the nerf they are still statistically out of line with most gear. Twinking has been changed forever and many of stgs customers left.
    It's not just one item, there are now a few out of line, and pvp in general needs more overhauls to make for fair gameplay.

As to 2: we are well within our right to say we are getting bored and leaving. STG deserves to hear constructive feedback.
    I have never encountered this type of situation where the CUSTOMERS are trying to improve/save a product. If I had that sort of following I would consider myself lucky EVEN IF they were a bit misguided or informed sometimes. There have been more threads suggesting (reasonably I thought) improvements, the ones not ignored got locked as if there is no more desired input from us customers. Bad move IMHO Another thread detailing old bugs and glitches was locked right away with the response "once again, we are aware" and those bugs still exist. Another bad move IMHO.

As to 3: I think STG has done a good job balancing pay to win, even better here than in AL.

I disagree with the model of more new games vs fix old ones. I worked for "borders book store" for years as they followed that business model. They are gone now in a cut throat industry that I'm still in.
    The oft responded quote " if we had only worked on pl we may not be here today" seems at odds with the old timers opinion. Which is right? We can't know, but the saying "the customer is always right" has outlasted nearly all business models for a reason. Those guys whose threads you linked are gone and I think that's telling.
    We all want the same thing, it's ok to voice ourselves especially when the motive is to keep pl's server running and filled with players.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Actually, the plat pack at 20 pvp is a bit OP.
    And also, other classes at 30 other than bear cant exactly stand up to plat bears. And keep in mind most 30 bears are full dex.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Actually, str packs ARE op at 26 and below. Dex packs aren't op because someone can easily buy l21-25 ssc gear that have exact same stats, except minor damage increases and armor, same with int. As for str, it's impossible to get non plat gear below level 25 that matches the ridiculous armor and damage it gives. In comparison, the sword from the l20 bear plat pack gives 76-105 damage, and has a powerful nightmare proc. A l25 conq crystalline sword only gives 28-33 damage. The hammer from the l20 rhino pack posseses probably the most overpowered weapon at level 26 pvp and below. It gives 140-175 damage, 5 more minimum damage than an ICEBERG 2h sword, 10 levels above it. In comparison, a l25 crystalline axe only gives 71-85 damage. Level 30 and up balances the stats between iceberg and str packs more than 26 and below. In my opinion, rhino and bear packs should be nerfed to the point where the stats are SLIGHTLY better than ssc gear. I'm talking 20-26 pvp, where l20 packs are used the most. It isn't fair for the power of these sets to be abused in pvp, it highly supports the pay to win scheme. It's sad, quite honestly.
    Last edited by mountains; 12-03-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mountains View Post
    In my opinion, rhino and bear packs should be nerfed to the point where the stats are SLIGHTLY better than ssc gear. I'm talking 20-26 pvp, where l20 packs are used the most. It isn't fair for the power of these sets to be abused in pvp, it highly supports the pay to win scheme. It's sad, quite honestly.
    the disadvantage of str packs is the poor hit %, so just get a pink fb and rek the crap out of them

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose