Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Will I be banned?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default Will I be banned?

Well this is a general question towards STS and the community. As you all know, I have a mage named "IStaff" that I recently renamed. Well I have recently been talking to some old PL friends over KIk and such, and they began to talk of the 71 cap and all that. And the pvp I was involved in.... There is only one problem, I did not log into my account until when I capped my mage, at 76, pre nerf, and then not until recently again. I had stopped playing just because of shear time management skills, and frustration. I did log on occasionally to talk to people, but I NEVER pvped at 71. I'm trying to figure out how this is possible. Then I realized, when I got my phone, I handed down my iPod to my now 10 year old brother. I didn't delete any of the apps, or anything either. I had nothing bad on it, It was just games. What I am assuming happened was that he used the Pocket Legends app, and had my login and password saved within it. I am 100% sure he played and has been playing, although I didn't know at the time. I can assure you I leveled to 76 on my own, and the sets I have I acquired recently myself by farming slayer. Well he recently got his own kindle, and gave my iPod back, and I saw pocket legends on it and was like oh, I remember this game. That was maybe a month ago. I first had my suspicions he played when my mage was renamed from "Stevenmc" to "Plasmastar". But I didn't think too much of it, 66 had a lot of pvp wars and I probably did it to get out of them, but I didn't remember doing it. He must have done it. My question is, is this considered account sharing? Will I be banned for this? I'm not going to lie and say it was me, as it wasn't. But I did not give out my password, he just clicked the app and it was already logged in for him. I did not intentionally do this either, and I will take screenshots of everything I have to prove he did nothing beneficial to my account. I did not device share either, it was all from the same iPod 4th gen, and a recent kindle I bought for myself. I really do not want to get banned for this, but I don't want to lie either. I have only played spottedly and stopped before the nerf out of frustration. But now things seem a lot better. I would prefer not to lose my founders account, and all the hours I spent in this game. And I'm really enjoying catching up with my online friends that are still around.

My apologize,
    Stevenmc

*If my little brother did offend anyone, or scam?.. I hope not, but please pm me, and I will farm to make even on matters and money. When I do buy platinum again I will be going back to "Stevenmc" too, so you will be able to reach the ACTUAL me there. Good day everyone!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stevenmc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Hi Stevenmc,

The best thing to do would be to contact support and tell them about it. Us as forum members have no control over this sort of thing.

Email support(at)spacetimestudios.com and tell them the story.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Sounds fishy to me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonthan For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

As far as I know, account sharing is bannable..but the situation here is a bit different, from what I am reading. You didn't intentionally do it, and didn't know that , or your brother played it.
    As far as I know, people who get banned for account sharing are usually the ones who tell each other in game, or from PL plat sites, or things like that, DocDoBig and Flacs got banned for something like it, I forgot. But I don't think you'll get banned for this, best thing to do, just email StG and see how things roll.

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonthan View Post
    Sounds fishy to me
    Agreed. I doubt he would be posting about this if "his brother" wouldnt do something bad in the game... But then again, we are not supposed to discuss this on the forum.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LEVEL ONE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Might not as you didn't do it with an intention.
    We don't know though as we are not devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Nah you won't, sts understands that accidents happen sometimes well sometimes they do, hehe.
    ~Dillon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LEVEL ONE View Post
    Agreed. I doubt he would be posting about this if "his brother" wouldnt do something bad in the game... But then again, we are not supposed to discuss this on the forum.
    I am posting this because I don't know if he did something bad in game, I am worried he ruined/ended some of my old freindships, and I'm not sure if he even knows what scamming is, but what if he accidentally did it? It has me worried. I just don't have any way of knowing without openly asking the community. And if he has I will work to fix it.

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmc View Post
    Well this is a general question towards STS and the community. As you all know, I have a mage named "IStaff" that I recently renamed. Well I have recently been talking to some old PL friends over KIk and such, and they began to talk of the 71 cap and all that. And the pvp I was involved in.... There is only one problem, I did not log into my account until when I capped my mage, at 76, pre nerf, and then not until recently again. I had stopped playing just because of shear time management skills, and frustration. I did log on occasionally to talk to people, but I NEVER pvped at 71. I'm trying to figure out how this is possible. Then I realized, when I got my phone, I handed down my iPod to my now 10 year old brother. I didn't delete any of the apps, or anything either. I had nothing bad on it, It was just games. What I am assuming happened was that he used the Pocket Legends app, and had my login and password saved within it. I am 100% sure he played and has been playing, although I didn't know at the time. I can assure you I leveled to 76 on my own, and the sets I have I acquired recently myself by farming slayer. Well he recently got his own kindle, and gave my iPod back, and I saw pocket legends on it and was like oh, I remember this game. That was maybe a month ago. I first had my suspicions he played when my mage was renamed from "Stevenmc" to "Plasmastar". But I didn't think too much of it, 66 had a lot of pvp wars and I probably did it to get out of them, but I didn't remember doing it. He must have done it. My question is, is this considered account sharing? Will I be banned for this? I'm not going to lie and say it was me, as it wasn't. But I did not give out my password, he just clicked the app and it was already logged in for him. I did not intentionally do this either, and I will take screenshots of everything I have to prove he did nothing beneficial to my account. I did not device share either, it was all from the same iPod 4th gen, and a recent kindle I bought for myself. I really do not want to get banned for this, but I don't want to lie either. I have only played spottedly and stopped before the nerf out of frustration. But now things seem a lot better. I would prefer not to lose my founders account, and all the hours I spent in this game. And I'm really enjoying catching up with my online friends that are still around.

My apologize,
    Stevenmc

*If my little brother did offend anyone, or scam?.. I hope not, but please pm me, and I will farm to make even on matters and money. When I do buy platinum again I will be going back to "Stevenmc" too, so you will be able to reach the ACTUAL me there. Good day everyone!

If you didn't want a risk of being banned you shouldn't tell publicly you possibly shared accounts in the first place lol
    O Hai Der

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TEOKILLO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I may be new here, but there are a lot of loopholes in your "story."

1. When have you played PL? You say you are a "Founder" but do not remember playing until the 76 cap.

2. You state you may, or may not, remember changing your name during the 66 cap, but again didn't begin playing until recently. See above question.

3. According to your forum join date, you began forums in Jan, 2012. Are you saying that all the posts you made in the last 2 years are not yours? Looking back, you seem to talk pretty regularly of things in game so either you have "forgotten" all of this as well are your "brother" had access to your forum account.

4. As stated above, why would you continuously bring up whether your brother did anything wrong or not if you aren't even sure. You make it seem as though you know something is up and are just playing the "dumb card."

5. Again, based on your words, your brother may or may not have been using your account since the beginning of having installed PL, and yet state he is now 10. You mean to tell me a 7 y/o (which is how old he would have been when all of this "confusion" began) is able to play/rename/scam/act as a teenager?

I may be missing something, but it seems to me you are trying to cover something up. I would also think a person who has played since the beginning of the game and has been on forums since 2012 would understand the answer of his question (account sharing is against ToS) and discussing all of this on forums will do nothing as forum rules state you need to email STG with any issues you have.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LionHeart For This Useful Post:

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Policed xD
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Promagin View Post
    Nah you won't, sts understands that accidents happen sometimes well sometimes they do, hehe.
    ~Dillon
    That's a lie.

RIP Doc

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheenivie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LionHeart View Post
    I may be new here, but there are a lot of loopholes in your "story."

1. When have you played PL? You say you are a "Founder" but do not remember playing until the 76 cap.

2. You state you may, or may not, remember changing your name during the 66 cap, but again didn't begin playing until recently. See above question.

3. According to your forum join date, you began forums in Jan, 2012. Are you saying that all the posts you made in the last 2 years are not yours? Looking back, you seem to talk pretty regularly of things in game so either you have "forgotten" all of this as well are your "brother" had access to your forum account.

4. As stated above, why would you continuously bring up whether your brother did anything wrong or not if you aren't even sure. You make it seem as though you know something is up and are just playing the "dumb card."

5. Again, based on your words, your brother may or may not have been using your account since the beginning of having installed PL, and yet state he is now 10. You mean to tell me a 7 y/o (which is how old he would have been when all of this "confusion" began) is able to play/rename/scam/act as a teenager?

I may be missing something, but it seems to me you are trying to cover something up. I would also think a person who has played since the beginning of the game and has been on forums since 2012 would understand the answer of his question (account sharing is against ToS) and discussing all of this on forums will do nothing as forum rules state you need to email STG with any issues you have.
    If you would read more carefully, please, I played until close to the end of the 66 cap. I think leveling from 1-66 would be enough time to know I'm a founder? Maybe.. And it was a long time ago when I stopped playing, when my name was changed, I thought it was nothing, as I had probably done it to get out of the Influence Olympus ect guild wars.. And again, if you read more carefully I did come on, under this device, and talk to people, discuss the pvp forgotten items ect, but it was mostly forum based and not as much in game. Am I playing the dumb card? I looked at my friends list, and for example, Angeldawn is no longer on my friends list, and I saw her in game. She was one of my best friends. I think he may have done something to lose me some friends. And if nothing has been done wrong, then cheers, I'm making sure my old friends weren't done wrong by me. At your next point, you didn't read very well yet again, I played at the 66 cap and to my knowledge until right before the cap was updated, so my brother was older. Are you telling me this game is too hard to figure out? And are you to tell me a kid growing up in this age with Internet access wouldn't know how to google anything he wanted to know? I'm not saying he does/Did, I'm saying he easily could. Finally of nothing has been done wrong anyways, there would be nothing to cover up. This is to mainly tell my friends what went on, and hopefully get in contact with the ones that are left, and if and only if he did anyone wrong, I want to make it right. And I do not understand if this was truly against TOS, as I DID NOT LET HIM ON INTENTIONALLY, I did not give a password, I did not give an email, I did not let him play for my benefit, and I'm almost sure nothing beneficial came from this. This was an accident, one that I want to make right. Thank you for making things I was unclear on pointed out though

Good day!

-Stevenmc

*An example of me being on would be when I joined The community guild on my alt, and donated money towards the tournament. That was indeed me.
    Last edited by Stevenmc; 12-08-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheenivie View Post
    That's a lie.

RIP Doc
    What happened to Doc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Why dont you just ask your brother if and what he did wrong then?
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LEVEL ONE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If you would read more carefully, please, I played until close to the end of the 66 cap. I think leveling from 1-66 would be enough time to know I'm a founder? Maybe.. And it was a long time ago when I stopped playing, when my name was changed, I thought it was nothing, as I had probably done it to get out of the Influence Olympus ect guild wars.. And again, if you read more carefully I did come on, under this device, and talk to people, discuss the pvp forgotten items ect, but it was mostly forum based and not as much in game. Am I playing the dumb card? I looked at my friends list, and for example, Angeldawn is no longer on my friends list, and I saw her in game. She was one of my best friends. I think he may have done something to lose me some friends. And if nothing has been done wrong, then cheers, I'm making sure my old friends weren't done wrong by me. At your next point, you didn't read very well yet again, I played at the 66 cap and to my knowledge until right before the cap was updated, so my brother was older. Are you telling me this game is too hard to figure out? And are you to tell me a kid growing up in this age with Internet access wouldn't know how to google anything he wanted to know? I'm not saying he does/Did, I'm saying he easily could. Finally of nothing has been done wrong anyways, there would be nothing to cover up. This is to mainly tell my friends what went on, and hopefully get in contact with the ones that are left, and if and only if he did anyone wrong, I want to make it right. And I do not understand if this was truly against TOS, as I DID NOT LET HIM ON INTENTIONALLY, I did not give a password, I did not give an email, I did not let him play for my benefit, and I'm almost sure nothing beneficial came from this. This was an accident, one that I want to make right. Thank you for making things I was unclear on pointed out though

Good day!

-Stevenmc

*An example of me being on would be when I joined The community guild on my alt, and donated money towards the tournament. That was indeed me.
    I can read just fine. If you would look at your initial post, you can see that you never clearly stated when you played. Your posts are unorganized, grammatical nightmares.

What you also seem to be missing is all the "probably's" and "maybe's" in your statements. (As highlighted above) You are not absolutely sure about anything, yet expect to be treated as you are. Again, as stated above, if you aren't sure as to what may, or may not, have happened, why make a post which would lead to STS investigating your account. Why not just clarify things through pm's and Kik (whatever that is) than bring attention to yourself here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I can read just fine. If you would look at your initial post, you can see that you never clearly stated when you played. Your posts are unorganized, grammatical nightmares.

What you also seem to be missing is all the "probably's" and "maybe's" in your statements. (As highlighted above) You are not absolutely sure about anything, yet expect to be treated as you are. Again, as stated above, if you aren't sure as to what may, or may not, have happened, why make a post which would lead to STS investigating your account. Why not just clarify things through pm's and Kik (whatever that is) than bring attention to yourself here?
    If you will read more carefully, I said end of 66 was when I stopped playing, because of the guild wars, and a little after that was when I stopped playing PL, and gave my brother my iPod. Yes, I am not sure what happened when It wasn't me, I am sure I want to make things right, and get in touch with my friends. I did talk to my brother and he said he did play. I'm not sure the dates exactly. Will you please let this message go to my friends that may still be around that I am no longer in contact with, and let me be honest with sts without being questioned? To be honest I am not here to argue with someone I don't even know 0_o. So bye!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If you will read more carefully, I said end of 66 was when I stopped playing, because of the guild wars, and a little after that was when I stopped playing PL, and gave my brother my iPod. Yes, I am not sure what happened when It wasn't me, I am sure I want to make things right, and get in touch with my friends. I did talk to my brother and he said he did play. I'm not sure the dates exactly. Will you please let this message go to my friends that may still be around that I am no longer in contact with, and let me be honest with sts without being questioned? To be honest I am not here to argue with someone I don't even know 0_o. So bye!
    If this wasn't up for discussion/attention, why did you post in a public forum? How can you be honest when you are not sure of all the things which have occurred? I went back and looked at when the 66 cap began and found it to have been around the same time you began your forum account. Why would you begin posting on forums if you were about to quit? When you came back to the game during the 76 cap, why did you not mention you noticed your name was changed and say something then? Why wait til now?

I am sorry if you do not like my questions, but these are all things STG will be looking into when seeing your post and making a determination on your account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

If this wasn't up for discussion/attention, why did you post in a public forum? How can you be honest when you are not sure of all the things which have occurred? I went back and looked at when the 66 cap began and found it to have been around the same time you began your forum account. Why would you begin posting on forums if you were about to quit? When you came back to the game during the 76 cap, why did you not mention you noticed your name was changed and say something then? Why wait til now?

I am sorry if you do not like my questions, but these are all things STG will be looking into when seeing your post and making a determination on your account.
    I wanted to know if this was breaking TOS, I did not want my life questioned. I began my forum account at 66, because that was when I really got into pvp, and really took the game seriously. I quit because (and people could vouch for this) I got way into pvp and raged ect... And I stopped using my time on things outside of the game! I did notice my name was changed, but I figured I had done it before I quit, because of this pvp. I appreciate your detective work on a person you don't know, as to just try and make them look bad because you have nothing better to do, but all I'm saying is at some point my brother was on this account without my knowledge. And if he did anything wrong at all I will make it right. And I did mention my name was changed, go look at any of the posts about TCG ect, people knew Plasmastar was me, it was mentioned :P Thank you detective Lion, but I think my dog just peed downstairs and I need to clean it up.

Oh I read that and it sounded really rude, I'm sorry! There is no need to be rude to someone I do not even know!
    Last edited by Stevenmc; 12-08-2013 at 03:28 PM.