Thread: One Final Gift

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default One Final Gift

Hey everyone. I posted a day or two ago about quitting, and, no, I didn't change my mind. However, I feel like I owe you guys here in Pocket Legends one final gift before I sign out for good.

In the past I've written different threads about pvp, rushing, getting along, Christmas, guides, etc. Today, before I go, I'd like to write a small thread about something that I feel this forum could use a whole lot more of. Namely, hope.

Before I start rambling on, I want you guys to stop for a second and imagine something. Imagine if hope didn't exist. Now, this is actually a very deep philosophical concept, but I'm not going to try and dig into that. I just want you to imagine it. What would life be like without hope? We'd never have a chance at winning that all important sports game. We'd never have a chance at amounting to anything. We'd never have a chance at succeeding in anything. Without hope, frankly, life would suck.

Now, I want you to imagine what would happen if hope disappeared from this game and this community. What would be the consequences? It would suck, right? That's why I'm writing this thread.

Recently many of us oldies and even some of you guys who joined later on have become very frustrated with the lack of attention that the devs have given PL as well as the declining community in game and here on the forums. We have done this so much so as to the point where we have begun to lose hope. Many forumers even quit because of this loss of hope. Well, I admit I haven't been the most cheery person about the state of this game and community, but I want to make it very clear to you all that lack of hope is not the reason I am leaving. I still find reasons to have hope. Allow me to share them with you, and perhaps you too may find some hope.

Reason #1 Every good memory I have ever had in this game was not made by the devs' updates or my money spent, or the amount of kills I racked up in pvp. (And I racked up a lot if I do say so myself ) No, every good memory I have had was tied to one thing: This community. The devs may be failing to update this game, but we are in charge of our own community. We can be awesome, or we can suck. This gives me a lot of hope. This game isn't dead and gone due to lack of updates because the only thing that ever made this game alive was the presence of a community of awesome friends.

Reason #2 Spacetime is a fairly new and growing company. I've noticed their games hitting some fairly high spots on the iTunes grossing charts. They're making some money. It's quite possible that Spacetime may catch on once again and, who knows, maybe Pocket Legends will start to get developed more. I suppose we will find out in time.

Reason #3 Hope is simply worth holding on to. Just like in all those movies and books where the enemy is just destroying and it seems like all hope is lost, the good guy always keeps his hope and doesn't let anyone take it from him. Usually, things turn out alright in the end. Now, sure, this isn't a movie or a book, but hey, it's a video game right? Let's try and be that good guy who holds on to hope despite everything thrown at us.

Finally, I want to share with you guys a project I recently finished. I've been working with music for a few years now and played piano for twelve years. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that what makes a good song is not the complexity of the song, but the emotion found within the song. In this recent song I finished, the emotion I was going for was hope. So now, hopefully (see what I did there?) you guys can listen to this song while playing Pocket Legends and it will inspire you with hope for the future. (Free download, by the way)

https://soundcloud.com/micah-greaney/like-a-flower

Thanks for making my stay here in this community so awesome! I love you all! Goodbye, good luck, and never lose hope!
    -MM
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 12-08-2013 at 08:30 PM.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Hey everyone. I posted a day or two ago about quitting, and, no, I didn't change my mind. However, I feel like I owe you guys here in Pocket Legends one final gift before I sign out for good.

In the past I've written different threads about pvp, rushing, getting along, Christmas, guides, etc. Today, before I go, I'd like to write a small thread about something that I feel this forum could use a whole lot more of. Namely, hope.

Before I start rambling on, I want you guys to stop for a second and imagine something. Imagine if hope didn't exist. Now, this is actually a very deep philosophical concept, but I'm not going to try and dig into that. I just want you to imagine it. What would life be like without hope? We'd never have a chance at winning that all important sports game. We'd never have a chance at amounting to anything. We'd never have a chance at succeeding in anything. Without hope, frankly, life would suck.

Now, I want you to imagine what would happen if hope disappeared from this game and this community. What would be the consequences? It would suck, right? That's why I'm writing this thread.

Recently many of us oldies and even some of you guys who joined later on have become very frustrated with the lack of attention that the devs have given PL as well as the declining community in game and here on the forums. We have done this so much so as to the point where we have begun to lose hope. Many forumers even quit because of this loss of hope. Well, I admit I haven't been the most cheery person about the state of this game and community, but I want to make it very clear to you all that lack of hope is not the reason I am leaving. I still find reasons to have hope. Allow me to share them with you, and perhaps you too may find some hope.

Reason #1 Every good memory I have ever had in this game was not made by the devs' updates or my money spent, or the amount of kills I racked up in pvp. (And I racked up a lot if I do say so myself ) No, every good memory I have had was tied to one thing: This community. The devs may be failing to update this game, but we are in charge of our own community. We can be awesome, or we can suck. This gives me a lot of hope. This game isn't dead and gone due to lack of updates because the only thing that ever made this game alive was the presence of a community of awesome friends.

Reason #2 Spacetime is a fairly new and growing company. I've noticed their games hitting some fairly high spots on the iTunes grossing charts. They're making some money. It's quite possible that Spacetime may catch on once again and, who knows, maybe Pocket Legends will start to get developed more. I suppose we will find out in time.

Reason #3 Hope is simply worth holding on to. Just like in all those movies and books where the enemy is just destroying and it seems like all hope is lost, the good guy always keeps his hope and doesn't let anyone take it from him. Usually, things turn out alright in the end. Now, sure, this isn't a movie or a book, but hey, it's a video game right? Let's try and be that good guy who holds on to hope despite everything thrown at us.

Finally, I want to share with you guys a project I recently finished. I've been working with music for a few years now and played piano for twelve years. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that what makes a good song is not the complexity of the song, but the emotion found within the song. In this recent song I finished, the emotion I was going for was hope. So now, hopefully (see what I did there?) you guys can listen to this song while playing Pocket Legends and it will inspire you with hope for the future. (Free download, by the way)

https://soundcloud.com/micah-greaney/like-a-flower

Thanks for making my stay here in this community so awesome! I love you all! Goodbye, good luck, and never lose hope!
    -MM

Will look at song later but u will be missed

And some days when ive had a bad dayact school the only reason i log into pl is cuz of the community which makes it feel like a second home for me

The community is also one of the reasons i just cant quit this game. And it is what has kept me playing, not the updates but the community

Edit: song sounds amazing gj micah
    Last edited by Burningdex; 12-08-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

The song... It's... It's so good.......... :'(

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Song needs a reggae rmx...other than that, well done.

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    The song... It's... It's so good.......... :'(
    Right, wow. Great song. Micah, I feel the same as you. The one great thing about this game is it's amazing community. We have been through a lot together but also gone through some great times, there's a select few in this game I feel are some of my closest friends even though they are in a game i know it sounds funny but hey it's true, I've met some awesome people and if it was just for the game I would have quit long ago but the community keeps me going. Great read Micah. Maybe there is a hope for the future of this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Good bye, may i know IGN?, a lot saying good bye but i am always confuse without knowing who.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Micah

You are such a great asset to this community. You will deeply be missed.

I will continue to hold hope that you and the many others that made this community so great and lovable will return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Micah,

Just heard the song, love it! You will be deeply missed bro, I am very excited to hear more music!

Sadly you will be missed dude!

-skele

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I will never forget how a year ago I would always see you on your lvl 19 killin it with him, sad to see you go

-Aoeqt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU It's Welove... NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu