Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    First, understand that there is a need to do this, and it is an iterative process. Also understand that the most helpful you can be during this process is to offer specific, tangible feedback. Levels, numbers, gear, how it plays.

Finally, please know that we will continue to iterate on this until it feels great, is balanced, and gives everyone headroom for a sustainable and enjoyable play experience.

It's not done until it's done!
    My prayers (annoying complaints) have been answered!

Given that i havent been playing much, i'm late to the party on this thread but considering i asked for a revamp more than any other player on this forum, i figure i should say something

First off, it is no surprise that no one agrees about the update, some say its good, some say its bad, etc. Truth is the stat update is more important that gear, so people complaining about their gear or the economy have no interest in the long-term quality of the game. As for people who love the update... well it has some problems.

Basically, the update was a good attempt to make things better, but was once again foiled by a simple lack of thought and testing.

-First biggest problem is that there is no test server. Till dedicated players can play on a test server, no update to the class/stat/skill and combat system will ever truly fix things. 8 guys with 20 things on their plates are not gonna be able to test an update properly... ever.

-there really isn't a balance. Dex>int>str is pretty much whats going on at the moment. The issue goes to the very core of the stats. Dex improves a character alot, int somewhat improves a character, and str barely improves a character. Every class got universal bump in HP instead of str determining HP once again, and really i just cant understand how this happens every update.

-Changes to the equipment in the game were generally positive, but again they were too universal. A huge issue in the game is that items are not class specific, so they have to be universally balanced.

-Skills were tweaked... but from what i can tell it was a buff to avians and a nerf to bears, and generally left enchantress the same. Completely changing/added/removing skills never enters the revamp equation, and considering how many of the skills are basically shared by the 3 classes, its somewhat disappointing, and generally makes one class better at a certain type of skill than another class.

-Skills dont make enough of a difference, you just spam them as they are available. There is no sense that if i root an enemy, that means i stopped him from escaping and now i can kill him. There is no sense that if i debuff my enemy at the right time, i can turn the tide of a fight. Its honestly just button mashing. The game needs tactics to make a real difference, like in Heroes of Newerth.. or World of Warcraft etc...

-Bears are worthless in pvp at this point. They tank pve, but beyond that they can't do anything in pvp. Basically the class swings twice as slow (which is a very good change btw, though its a bit extreme with spears and 2h) but they don't do more damage, and since they have a worse hit ratio than say avians or most enchantress, they stink atm. Added to that, beckon and stomp are subject to %hit instead of always hitting... Yea, bears simply can't pvp competitively right now.

Honestly, i don't want to say any more than that because i only spent 40 minutes pvping today. Overall though the update was a good attempt but failed to create a significant change.

And not for nothing, i strongly suggest you guys all start off from scratch and try as a team to build a new class/stat/skill system. Its never gonna be right unless you scrap it and start over with continuous leveling in mind. If its gonna stay 3 classes forever..then just make it rock paper scissors and go from there... And don't let Cinco solo it either... to much work for one guy.
    Last edited by Azrael; 11-18-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net