Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tarlok lair joining bug (?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Default Tarlok lair joining bug (?)

When guildmates are in Tarlok lairs from going through a rift (not using platnium) & there by themselves the join button appears by there name but it keeps saying the zone is full with only one person there, wasn't happening last night, just started happening today, my whole guild is experiencing this issue/bug

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

If they were previously in a party, the zone has to wait to clear out the party reservations and let new people in. Could that be it?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    If they were previously in a party, the zone has to wait to clear out the party reservations and let new people in. Could that be it?
    Nope that's not it, we've been running solo south seas runs (not in a party, not in a /partyi 0000 ) a rift appears, they go in but no one can join them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yeah drezz the join button always show full , but after I continuos click on it after few attempts I manage to join in ..it is a bug ..

Admin please fix it , thanks

Lvl 36 warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

This was happening this morning but if I just would keep pushing the join button it worked after like 20 times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RyFG View Post
    Yeah drezz the join button always show full , but after I continuos click on it after few attempts I manage to join in ..it is a bug ..

Admin please fix it , thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    This was happening this morning but if I just would keep pushing the join button it worked after like 20 times.
    Yea same it says it's full but after I smashed the button 50 times I got in, but still the person was never in a party

Btw RyFG, MSG me dude, you should Re-Join, miss ya :/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

We're not able to reproduce this issue testing it internally. Everything works as expected. One of our designers had some latency while playing from home and experienced about what you describe: they had to pound the join button several times and then it went through.

Perhaps a latency issue could be the culprit? Maybe the join systems aren't very robust when high latency is involved. If anyone has input on what their ping was like when they get this problem, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Hey guys,

We're not able to reproduce this issue testing it internally. Everything works as expected. One of our designers had some latency while playing from home and experienced about what you describe: they had to pound the join button several times and then it went through.

Perhaps a latency issue could be the culprit? Maybe the join systems aren't very robust when high latency is involved. If anyone has input on what their ping was like when they get this problem, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!
    Mine stays between 80-300 it could be a latency issue but why would it be saying the map is full?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Well actually I'll explain the process

When we kill a boss in a dungen a rift appears....so now what happens is before joining the rift if we invite any person he is able to join the tarlok lair along with us...before I enter the rift
    Suppose if i unknowingly enter the rift and then I inv anyone after going into the tarlok lair then the issue arrises no one is able to join the area except me...even though the complete dungen of tarlok lair is empty only I will be there

Suppose see if I invited derezzed after seeing the rift bt i didnt enter the rift If i Invite him before joining the rift he's able to join me after I enter rift
    If suppose I invited derezzed after seeing portal and after entering into the potal if i invite him he cant join then it shows the area is full

Hope u Understood the probelm

Clear cut def:If we invite before joining rift he can join or else if we invite him after joining the rift he cant join even though its dungeon is empty

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prahi View Post
    Well actually I'll explain the process

When we kill a boss in a dungen a rift appears....so now what happens is before joining the rift if we invite any person he is able to join the tarlok lair along with us...before I enter the rift
    Suppose if i unknowingly enter the rift and then I inv anyone after going into the tarlok lair then the issue arrises no one is able to join the area except me...even though the complete dungen of tarlok lair is empty only I will be there

Suppose see if I invited derezzed after seeing the rift bt i didnt enter the rift If i Invite him before joining the rift he's able to join me after I enter rift
    If suppose I invited derezzed after seeing portal and after entering into the potal if i invite him he cant join then it shows the area is full

Hope u Understood the probelm

Clear cut def:If we invite before joining rift he can join or else if we invite him after joining the rift he cant join even though its dungeon is empty
    Yes exactly! Thank you for full explanation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

derezzed! invite me! lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

In southern seas it seems not to work right. I was running random, twice for me portal opened but when i tryed to invite friends/guildies there was no join button at all to southern seas, altough i wasnt in any pt before, and i was alone in the map.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys, we tried to reproduce this numerous times and were unsuccessful. I'm not saying that you're not having it happen - you are. It is just that when we try to do what you have described, it doesn't fail. The only thing we can think of is that you are trying to have people join via the completed zone and then enter the portal which would not work because the boss is dead and the zone is flagged as "complete." If you go into the Rift, you are able to invite players and have them join the event zones even after you are fighting the boss inside that Rift.

If you can be more specific about what happened just before you tried to invite people, or have them join you, that would be helpful, such as:

* Were you in a party previous to the portal spawning?
    * How did you try to have your friends join you?
    * Any specifics of the steps you go through to have friends or guildmates join you and how it doesn't work as you would like it to.

Thanks guys!
    | | | |

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

As a follow up to Sam's question, players can not join other players before going into the portal because that zone has been completed. You may invite players to the Tarlok Rift once inside and before killing the minions at the beginning, but not to the zone that has already had the boss killed where the portal spawned as this adheres to the normal zone joining rules that prevent players from randomly joining players in an already completed dungeon, or nearly completed dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I've found that if I'm in Tarlok's lair and want to join someone in Tarlok's lair again I have to wait about a minute after leaving the lair in order to go to another instance of the lair. If I give it about a minute after leaving the lair I was in I can join with out having to hit join like 20 times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    As a follow up to Sam's question, players can not join other players before going into the portal because that zone has been completed. You may invite players to the Tarlok Rift once inside and before killing the minions at the beginning, but not to the zone that has already had the boss killed where the portal spawned as this adheres to the normal zone joining rules that prevent players from randomly joining players in an already completed dungeon, or nearly completed dungeon.
    After joining lair if we invite anyone they are not able to join
    that's what i mean

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Hey guys, we tried to reproduce this numerous times and were unsuccessful. I'm not saying that you're not having it happen - you are. It is just that when we try to do what you have described, it doesn't fail. The only thing we can think of is that you are trying to have people join via the completed zone and then enter the portal which would not work because the boss is dead and the zone is flagged as "complete." If you go into the Rift, you are able to invite players and have them join the event zones even after you are fighting the boss inside that Rift.

If you can be more specific about what happened just before you tried to invite people, or have them join you, that would be helpful, such as:

* Were you in a party previous to the portal spawning?
    * How did you try to have your friends join you?
    * Any specifics of the steps you go through to have friends or guildmates join you and how it doesn't work as you would like it to.

Thanks guys!
    Well Sam ur coming again to the starting step

Listen first what I say

If we find a portal after killing any boss in any area we find the portal right so we invite our friends before joining the portal and if the invites are done then I who found the portal will enter the portal and the other join me directly to the portal

But if I try to invite any person after joining the portal they are not able to join the Tarlok lair even though I didn't kill any minions and even though the area is empty without others

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Here is my experience:

If you create a party before you enter the portal, then your party members can join you in Tarloks lair after you enter. If you create a party after entering the portal (i.e., you are already in Tarloks lair), none of you party members can join.

The simple solution is to party up when you see a portal. Do not enter the portal until your party has been set. I know that party members will not be able to join you (such as in the case of a completed Southern Seas), but the point is that the party must be created before you enter Tarlok's lair, otherwise, your party will not be able to follow and they will get the map full message.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

It isn't a bug, it's just that many other players enter a portal same time as you, hence the system takes time to figure out who else to put in the lair same as yours (since you entered alone without a party). So, it says 'reserved' and despite of the join button, friends/guildmates can not enter. Once the system sorts it out, you can join. Meanwhile, you keep spamming the button as you are impatient (human nature) and when you are inally able to join, you think the spamming helped. Just be patient, it lets you join

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Venom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks!
    thats what i do and works just fine.ifu see the join button just rappidly press. it...though it from first
    day and helped me so much
    Fear is my second name...sometimes