Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: disappointed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default disappointed

Just a little disappointed in sts. Your using a holiday to increase your income. Events are ment to give back to the players that keep you in business not a way to get more money out of them. Personally ive invested over 90$ a month to sts. now when its time to give my money to my family you try to suck more money out of me? No more money to sts from me hope your kids get everything they want.. just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 12-11-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: No need for calling names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just enjoy the game.
    At least you can buy platinum, I pay bills, rent... Ehhh..

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Nukedwolf,

I'm sorry that you feel that way. From my standpoint I feel like we are working hard to give free-to-play players more and more options. For example the Bard Quests and how you can get previously only obtained with Platinum extra character slots, Face and Hair options and inventory slots. In the future we will be adding avenues to get respecs without having to have Platinum and extra stash slots. We strongly value our free-to-play players. Without all of them in the game, well, it just wouldn't be the same or nearly as fun.

In the Tarlok's Wrath event you can obtain everything (with the exception of the Winters Rage vanities) for tokens, all of which can be obtained by simply playing the game, for free. Sure, it can take some time to accumulate them, but the event will be around for a month, so there is a good amount of time to go for what you want.

We sincerely appreciate your business. We know that the holidays are a time of family and friends. While we hope that Spacetime Games entertainment alternatives are fun options for you to consider, we can totally understand your decision to save your disposable income for other pursuits. As to the feeling that we are trying to trick you somehow (if I am summing up your feelings correctly) - again I'm sorry you feel that way. Our objectives are not to trick anyone, but to provide fun entertainment for people who enjoy our type of games. The option to pay is just that - optional.

Many people have additional time and disposable income during the holidays. Looking around the web and around the retail space, many companies run promotions, events and sales during this time. Some appreciate that (by taking advantage of the offerings) and some bemoan how the holidays have become more mercantile. I can see both sides of the coin and I get where you are coming from. I edited your post to remove a bit of name calling and appreciate you keeping the feedback friendly in the future. We are all people too.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    Last edited by Samhayne; 12-11-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I don't understand. I haven't spent any money on this event. And no platinum either. So I have no idea where you're coming from.

If you need to spend money on your family, you should do that. Don't blame sts for the fact you are conflicted about it.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Its not STS fault that make u press the PLAT PURCHASE button. Its your own decision..
    Revengga
    < Feel Good Inc >

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UnderAgeKids For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I agree with you on the free-to-play players sam. Im just annoyed with the lack of portals I hunted portals all day yesterday and only opened 3. I have been playing mmos since the early 90s and have watched alot of games I enjoy to play go under becuase the push for cash spending. And yes I do agree you guys are working very hard to improve the over all game play for free players. Im speaking directly on the events last years xmas event was the same way. The october event was extremely well designed and well balanced for both payed and non payed players.. I guess what im trying to say is with the length of the event and the way its been setup cash players will flood the game before free players even have a chance to experience the event.This event is basically designed to make the rich richer and the poor to hope more. And I appologize if my word come off as negative. I enjoy playing this game and have since day 1.this is why I invest 20-90$ a week and rarly do I spend that on me most goes to my guild for the players that cant afford good pets and gear. And sorry if this isnt articulated very well I had a heat stroke when I was younger and its hard for me to put sentences together. I just want to see everyone enjoy your hard work not just the people that have platinum. I have the platinum to run tarlok over and over but id rather save it to help players then to flood the server to better my toons, however not everyone feels the same as me and if you look at you cs youll undersrand what I mean. With that said Sam your guys do an amazing job I hope to be as talented as them one day as a fellow autodesk enthusiast. I just see my friends already giving up on the event and it hasnt even hit full swing yet. Hope you understand and again sorry if im hard to understand I deal better in numbers than words
    Last edited by nukedwolf; 12-11-2013 at 07:19 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nukedwolf For This Useful Post:

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Nukedwolf,

Thanks for your understanding. I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel. Tarlok's Wrath is an evolution of what we did for Halloween. The portals are a method to stretch the event over a much longer timeframe. At the end of the day we will see how thigs play out, evaluate and go from there.

Warm regard to your family and friends for the holidays.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Nuked i will be frank and sincere this game is actually free to play and you can REALLY buy anything you want if you know how to make money and grind those maps till they are dry...buying plats in my opinion is just a
    means to fasten the process of you getting the best things ingame you can actually get for 0$ and more gameplay and efficient merch...Now nobody forces anybody to to buy plats its a gamble you take on your own and if you gamble get very prepared to lose. for me plats are for those "lazy" players who want the best and want it now, Patience is the key bro...just my 2.

Omg increase the portals chance rate, meeeh!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default disappointed

I agree with you both, the new events are more for plat users but if you really wanna complete the 15 days, just farm for the quest drops while fighting bosses, I've done so and got so far usually at least 1 portal/10 runs in rooks hideout. But, the new things from Rodrick are a bit overpriced... I vanity costs 550 tokens,convert that that to plat and it costs over 60... Many people don't get enough plats from native x so its kidda a problem. U get like 8 tokens per portal run so not that much... However, i think sts should indeed make some money from richer players due to their hard and long work on al and the other legends games. But the event should be so you get 1 free portal a day so people can actually get the banner and some tokens.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Impact For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hehe hint: just do southern seas and you won't be disappointed. Takes about 2 minutes to run the map and you will see those pesky portals pretty fast (at least from my experience).

Also, regarding plat, I haven't spent a cent on this event yet. I just did a few free offers to fight tarlok about once or twice, but that's it.

Anyway, just remember to enjoy yourself. When you see yourself get frustrated, take a break and come back later.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage south For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

And again I sincerely appologize to anyone that took offense to what I was trying to say like I said I am no good with words. Hope the very best for everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I will admit that in Shuyal elite maps, these portals open quite often (probably about 30-40% after a boss kill).

True, you will go through pots like they are on fire, but I enjoy elite runs immensely, and the fact that 1 out of 3 Ferrix or Overgrowth kills yields a portal is just a bonus.

I think that the reason for the difference between Halloween and this event is that so many players just abused Brackenridge and Yrda Forest maps, which, as if it's not bad enough everyone farms locked there, you had those maps swamped during Halloween. Frankly, my thought is that the harder maps should yield better and more consistent rewards, which is what this event seems to be doing.

True, there is the shortcut, pay some plat method to attain the gear, but this seems good.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I raged when the event first came out, then calmed down and grinded for portals to see what would happen. Still have yet to see a Tarlok portal, and the other 3 drop seldomly. So yes, this event was poorly made or intentionally made to force you to spend more platinum.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    I agree with you both, the new events are more for plat users but if you really wanna complete the 15 days, just farm for the quest drops while fighting bosses, I've done so and got so far usually at least 1 portal/10 runs in rooks hideout. But, the new things from Rodrick are a bit overpriced... I vanity costs 550 tokens,convert that that to plat and it costs over 60... Many people don't get enough plats from native x so its kidda a problem. U get like 8 tokens per portal run so not that much... However, i think sts should indeed make some money from richer players due to their hard and long work on al and the other legends games. But the event should be so you get 1 free portal a day so people can actually get the banner and some tokens.
    Make money? sure if u play all the days all the time u make good money and got rich fast..

i have a life, work, home, friends and i don't have the same time than urs. im a casual player and this game have no fun for casual players thats 1 of the reason why i left AL and return to Aion..

if anyone of u guys play AION just go to check the AION event. and come back to talk.

OFICIAL AION EVENT NA AION.

just to see the big diference. all is free for all any any with money can get a advantage than u.. thats very good. and u don't need play 2-3 years to be good thats all..

i like AL but really i see the commercy is destroyed in this game. i see the people who play AL 90% of then is the first MMORPG theys play on all life..

why Malison down price? i never see the pets are for diferent lv so i can't understand the people for down price..

why Grimm don't up price after event finish? i don't see how the people can get it again if u CAN'T get it bcus no more with plat.

Grimm down price LOL should up more..

Farming on AL is destroyed all the stuff u farm cost 50-100k and mytics/arcane 3-50m

just the archon rings are good to farm and the drops is very hard and is not easy to sell. (now with ''gems'') impossible..

Craft is very strange and i don't like it..

crafting stone? lol and need wait 24 hours? this game is very hard for non-money players but very easy for money players WHY? bcus if u spend money u don't need wait 48 hours for a SIMPLE STONE.

compared to another game really i never see another game u need wait 48 hours to put a stone or make it normally on all games i just go to kill mobs and drop all stone i need..

crafting stone is not really good i think crafting is to made armors/helms/weaponds/potions/scrolls or upgrade items.

should be a Drops and should be a diferent lv gems.

this is my opinion pls don't take it bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You definitely do not need to spend plats during this event unless you want to buy snowball.The rest can be obtained through farming portals and besides like Sam side they gave us a whole month to get what we want.Average farming should at least get you 50 tokens at least?Thats 1.5k tokens in a month and thats only a minimum estimate.Therefore this event is not actually platinum oriented unless you are a lazy player and decide to buy portals/tokens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

How can you average 50 tokens when portals are random? That's means 50 tokens could be 2 hours of play or 12 hours of play, either one is a lot for a casual player. I've spent enough time grinding to earn almost 200 tokens for event. Probably took about 10 hours gameplay. And during that whole time spent grinding, I got 2 chests, 1 silver and 1 copper. For 10 hours of straight grinding. THIS is what ppl are complaining about, is how bloody long it takes if you're not spending plat to quick access zones

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetalForce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Nukedwolf, you dont need to spend plats on the portals to Tarlok. If you only want to complete the quest, then its easy because you only need 1 portal, and if you want to farm strong bosses for better frozen chests without effort to find many portals, you can make a choice to use plat. The Tarlok's gears would be rare without the exploit. And all you should do is to get a better tatic, I dont mean the exploit. This is what I and my guild mates were doing when it came out: we make party of four, split up on ydra maps and grind the easy maps over and over, one finds portal in every 5 minutes of the runs. If you do the easy maps, there is a chance for locked grand crate too, and ribbit egg if you do the mother. On the other hand, if you make a party and run elite Shuyal or Nordr, you have a chance for elite legendary gears too, which is very awarding and also higher chance for portals. For example, if you loot a pylon of bru lvl 36 and sell for 500k, it is more than days of grinding the winter bosses for the flooded legendary gears in cs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Enik your basing your math off of end game players. Do the math for a lvl 15 player that cant enter kraken, nord, elite, ect the average lvl 15 player can earn about 24 tokens a day based of the percentages of the portals in there level range. Now if that player would like to use any of the new recipes, how long do you think they will have to farm essences before the event is over? Still seems like a 1 sided coin to me. The coding and visuals of this event are in a term immaculate. But formulas used seem to negate lower levels, I understand they dropped the bosses down to be more forgiving to lower lvls but that does minimal good if they cant get there. And on average it takes 2hr to complete these dailies on a lvl 21, my lvl 35 takes about 45mins to complete, and my lvl 10 has taken anywhere from 2-3hrs just to put it into some perspectives of time, the achievement savior of frozen hope is a long shot for lower levels. Not saying its impossible just a long shot and i feel the happiness of future players is crucial. I would hate to see some one work an entire month towards a goal they phyiscally cant achieve. My apologies for seeming like a negative nancy. Next time I see a concern I will try to aproach it in a more postive/private matter. I just knew there wasnt much time for debates or politcal punctuation and was unaware of the speedy response I would recieve by the staff. If I would have known I would have never made this post I would have sent my thoughts privately to the staff.I am glad to see sts follow so closely to there players and do care about their opinions. Hope everyones a savior this winter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

They are allowing mythic eggs to be bought and traded, most gear can be bought if you grind and get good drops especially on elite maps. In fact this time Slag cant be directly bought so I'd say its an advantage for free players.

Nuked lower level players can be higher level in around a week of grinding. Sure they can't enjoy every event to its fullest due to the limitations of their level (like killing Tarlok at lvl 15) but that is to be expected. Their gear is not expensive to obtain and reaching lvl 25 is fairly simple. At this level most really good gear can be purchased for less than 10k. Also this is an add on event that makes it interesting. First the holloween and now this. You can't really say anything that justifies this being a pro pay game.

However some amount of payment for gear is also justified unless you like to work for free. This game is very balanced as far as pay vs non pay goes and I'm hard pressed to find fault with the developers. If anyone puts in the time they can get all the gear from mythics to arcane
    Last edited by Striderevil; 12-11-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

They are allowing eggs to be bought and traded, but where do you obtain these eggs? Locks, how do you open locks again? I forget thanks for proving my point about it focusing more on the platinum spenders if that was for free players those eggs would have a .0002% chance to drop from imbued chest
    Last edited by nukedwolf; 12-11-2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: I forgot a 0