Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What stuff would you like to see in Deal of the Day over the Holidays?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I say Spooky Shield, Shield of Gratitude and 2011 Witch Hat. I think Spooky shield doesn't look like White Skull n' Crossbone Shield. They don't mean same thing so I think it might be on DOTD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Not jumping at the idea of bringing back exclusive vanities from an event since ppl who already have it would feel it lost distinction and specialty.

I'm thinking of the pets, item bundles, and new variations of vanities

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Why xperia buttons lol, they look boring doe
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Ok guys, here is what I have so far:

The update goes out on the 17th so:

18th Sony Xperia Play button Circle vanity helm - 25 Plat
    19th Sony Xperia Play button square vanity helm - 25 Plat
    20th Sony Xperia Play button Triangle vanity helm - 25 Plat
    21st Sony Xperia Play button X vanity helm - 25 Plat
    22nd Chrome logo vanity helm - 25 Plat
    23rd Orange Skull and Crossedbones vanity shield - 40 Plat
    24th Sony Xperia Play button Circle vanity helm - 25 Plat
    25th 4X Combo Elixir - 30 Plat (usually 40)
    26th Chrome logo vanity helm - 25 Plat
    27th OCD Helm 400 Plat (usually 500)
    28th Vanity Dragon Pet Pack 400 Plat (usually 500)
    29th Vanity Helm Pirate - 40 Plat
    30th Sony Xperia Play button Triangle vanity helm - 25 Plat
    31st Sony Xperia Play button Square vanity helm - 25 Plat

Keep in mind that the Winterfest stuff (snowglobe helms and elf vanity armor and winter shields and stuff) will all be in the Store. This is just deal of the day stuff. Let me know what you think!
    You just made my day. Btw, I'll be sure to come back if you made a vanity hair like wut the person in Everyone's Favmage shows.

Also:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  54.4 KB
    Last edited by Extreme; 12-13-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Extreme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

i would like the spooky shield to be in different color and would be nice to have holo shield made available again and this time i can afford to buy it, make available different colors i buy them all, sam please make the android costume available would be nice to have that or make also an apple costume haha theres alot in my wish list that i want, make them all available by parts every each month would be better.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    I say Spooky Shield, Shield of Gratitude and 2011 Witch Hat. I think Spooky shield doesn't look like White Skull n' Crossbone Shield. They don't mean same thing so I think it might be on DOTD.
    No.. No, not grat shield...

First of all, why is this Christmas event so focused on vanities? What about the Christmas dungeon? Is it going to be the same every single year, pay a little plat then run all the way to the end to kill Killjoy, then pay plat again and repeat? Why the heck is PL's Christmas soooo plat-based? Bringing back old vanities for new players? NEW PLAYERS? Does PL even get any.. Anyways, that sounds really ironic to me. Can anyone tell me the point of wearing vanities? To make yourself look cooler, right? (Apart from the Founder's) So is this Christmas event a costume party or what? This isn't Halloween. I hope you get the point. I'm sure everyone loves to look cool, but I think the most important element in a game is the gameplay. This isn't Fashion Story or some random dress-up games with barbies everywhere on Facebook. Why is it that, instead of posting a thread asking how the new dungeon should be and taking suggestions, you guys are posting a thread asking what vanities you should reuse? I just don't get it, pardon my stupidity.

But that's not really on topic, I am aware. Talking about vanities, bringing back the old vanities for the new players, sounds really weird to me.
    From a new player's aspect: "Wow, I can just spend cash and look as cool as people who played the game 2 years before me! Lol, best game ever! Lemme buy more plat." It might be good for your business, but it really disappoints me. If you think that I'm saying this because I have all the vanities in the list, nope, I don't, to be frank. If a new player can join, spend some cash and look as old as the 2010 players, that'd really piss a lot of the old players off. I don't wanna touch this topic, but I hope that you could compare the present PL community with the past. I could just state out all the reasons here: Lack of updates, reuse of vanities, no interactions between devs and players.. Of course, plenty of old players quit because they had to focus on real life. But then again, many of us (used to be with us) left because they saw where this is going. Why do I get this feeling that I'm actually blabbering here..

Anyways, it's your choice stg, whether to save PL or just let it die off. I thought the game meant a lot to you guys, since it was your company's first popular game. I really hope that you guys can take the effort to save it, not by adding pointless vanities to the game, but actually try to make it better. Despite what I've said, deep down I love you guys, happy holidays.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rot For This Useful Post:

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #67
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Rot,

Deep down I love you too.

Honestly, I would love to see less of the jaded bitterness. Yes, I know we are as much to blame for it as you, but come on. The way you paint it, it seems like you would prefer that I didn't do this. You know what, the others who are excited about this are the ones I am doing it for. Yes, Pocket Legends gets thousands of new players a day, but Arcane gets 10x that or more. Sorry mate it just is. AL is a much bigger hit and game because of everything we learned with Pocket (and Star and Dark). Again, we are a small shop and we have to keep feeding the hot hand to stay alive. So, just saying, cut me some slack, ok? Yes, the event is largely the same as last year with some new items and vanities in the mix. We are working to find more bandwidth (work smarter and all that) to give new love to all games, but I am not making any promises. We will just have to see what we can do in 2014.

Anyway, I will stop while I am behind and just go back to the opening sentiment of lots of love to ya for caring so much about Pocket Legends. I do too, it is why I feel passionate enough to post back to you at 10 PM our time before bed.

Cheers!
    -Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

@efm i completely dont know how you want holoshields, yet say you dont want any elite items coming back considering the blue was a one-time thing and the red was on dotd only TWICE, i mean, its kinda hypocritical

Btw when i said i wanted the old santa clothes to be vanities, i meant the trashy ones we got in 2010 christmas from quests, they just lie there collecting dust

And those level 50 ones that were re-released in 2011, 2012, should not be able to convert to vanities

There should be a crafter implemented in the winter holiday town to make this change
    Last edited by TEOKILLO; 12-13-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    O Hai Der

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Rot,

Deep down I love you too.

Honestly, I would love to see less of the jaded bitterness. Yes, I know we are as much to blame for it as you, but come on. The way you paint it, it seems like you would prefer that I didn't do this. You know what, the others who are excited about this are the ones I am doing it for. Yes, Pocket Legends gets thousands of new players a day, but Arcane gets 10x that or more. Sorry mate it just is. AL is a much bigger hit and game because of everything we learned with Pocket (and Star and Dark). Again, we are a small shop and we have to keep feeding the hot hand to stay alive. So, just saying, cut me some slack, ok? Yes, the event is largely the same as last year with some new items and vanities in the mix. We are working to find more bandwidth (work smarter and all that) to give new love to all games, but I am not making any promises. We will just have to see what we can do in 2014.

Anyway, I will stop while I am behind and just go back to the opening sentiment of lots of love to ya for caring so much about Pocket Legends. I do too, it is why I feel passionate enough to post back to you at 10 PM our time before bed.

Cheers!
    -Samhayne
    This is the type of response the community needed a long time ago, Sam. We like it when things aren't sugar-coated But thank you for wanting to make PL like it used to be... I know the MMO business is tough, so we appreciate it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Sam,

I'm sorry if I sounded too negative to you. I was just trying to remind you guys that the game isn't all about vanities. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about the list of vanities coming back, because I do not have most of the vanities in the list. Part of me wanted all the old vanities to come back while the other part told me that it was a selfish thing to ask for. I understand your efforts in trying to make the game better by adding more vanities, but that, in my real humble opinion, is not going to work as well as a new map or something, but then again, it's better than nothing at all. I wasn't trying to sound like "We want an expansion, NOW!", I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. Also, forgive my ignorance about the number of new players joining stg's games. And Sam! Stg is no longer small, it has millions of fans worldwide! That's something to be proud of. Take your time sam, we don't mind waiting for a few months. A simple map would make us happy. (At least me) I really appreciate you taking the time to post a reply, and I'm sorry if we stressed you out. Merry christmas!

PS- Sam, I love you more. And you saying that you love me is really something I can brag about.
    Last edited by Rot; 12-13-2013 at 11:47 PM.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

a minion pet like fromm discipable me...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to aav5224 For This Useful Post:

Rot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Hello Sam.There are sneak peak for cap?It will be next year?come on.Give us some clue.Its doesn't matter how small it is.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Is this worth coming back too?!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spyce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Wow.. I'm so surprised! Lmao! I'm about to jump for joy! We actually can get something for christmas *cries*
    Well.. Guess I am going to go farm free plat offers now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Maybe a new vanity, like a jack frost costume that lasts forever.
    WHY does the world say 1+1=2

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Sam, I think I speak for the behalf of many "oldies" that it's okay whatever u decide to put as DotD if the item is re-colored. It doesn't have tl be completely re-colored, but it shouldn't be exactly same.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEOKILLO View Post
    @efm i completely dont know how you want holoshields, yet say you dont want any elite items coming back considering the blue was a one-time thing and the red was on dotd only TWICE, i mean, its kinda hypocritical

Btw when i said i wanted the old santa clothes to be vanities, i meant the trashy ones we got in 2010 christmas from quests, they just lie there collecting dust

And those level 50 ones that were re-released in 2011, 2012, should not be able to convert to vanities

There should be a crafter implemented in the winter holiday town to make this change
    i just love the holosheilds. I don't want the same ones to come back. I want different colors. Coolest vanity shield other then nuri hallows one IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Sam, I think I speak for the behalf of many "oldies" that it's okay whatever u decide to put as DotD if the item is re-colored. It doesn't have tl be completely re-colored, but it shouldn't be exactly same.
    exactly. Just as long as there is some way to tell the difference. For example. The 2010 winter fest caps. They have a gold sparkle instead of the 2012 snow flakes. It's allows the oldies to feel old. And the newbies to feel cool!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Everyone'sFavMage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I'm excited to see the dragon pets back. I missed them last years and been pissed ever since.

Could you make the experia buttons a pack so they are not taking up so many days. Then we could add other items like new colored hallo shields, tweaked rose wand, and the snowman hat (not the head, just hat)

I agree with so many other players that bringing back old items with a new twist. I think bringing back the exact same items as previous years hurts moral. If you happened to just tweak the sparkles, effects or colors it will make more ppl happy and bring in more revenue. I would buy the same item that I currently have of it is slightly different than what I have. I won't however, buy the same exact thing again.

As for the campaign or vanities, I would to have an elf outfit, red nosed reindeer pet and snow shower pet (having snow flakes fall around you from a larger snow flake)

While talking about vanities!!! I would love STS to implement a vanity crafter!!! I don't know how possible it is but I would like to be able to take gear to a vendor (regardless of class requirement), pay plat and have it converted into vanity!! I think this would bring in more revenue and encourage more farming. (This would make my holiday!!!)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Can't wait for this update looks like I need more plat and if possible could someone put up a few pictures of the old Christmas vanitys so I have a idea of what to look forward for please, thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grenadiers View Post
    I always thought it was a coal lol
    Hahaha it is
    Proud Officer of COT