Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: general feedback on the rebalance release

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default general feedback on the rebalance release

i am not going to sit her and call on how bad nerfed most things got, but i do have to question did STS actually test this before it's release?
    i mean the game had a few balance issues before, but for the most part all characters could do the role they would be tasked to do. there needed to be some tweaking, but man some stuff is just friggin broken now.
    Bear tanks especially seem much more open to damage now from trash enemies. While true before it was a bit overpowered in that they could tank like 50 enemies at once, now you can quite easily die on 5 or so if you aren't really careful. That seems to be a really bad swing in the opposite direction.
    i did notice however, especially on boss fights and yellow aliens that when people are doing what they should be, such as applying all viable debuffs, damage was much more manageable than before (aka no one shot kills from the end boss of close encounters or from keeper...only two i fought last night). keeper also seemed much easier to deal with than before. there also seems to be some sort of bug or unperceptible buff on bosses now where they take no damage for a pretty large period of time. there were no visible shields or anything, but no one could score a hit or hits would do no damage when they connected.

weapon speeds really need to be reworked. they are just way too slow now. WAY too slow. weapon speeds are just too slow to tank effectively now, but that being said the faster cool downs on the abilities does make it somewhat better than it was before overall in the aggro department. if only bears werent squishy now...
    my hit values are now horrid compared to prepatch.

other than with bears, it seemed mobs as a whole died faster. lower damage tradeoff for bears is fine if they are tanks. a tanks job is not to do significant damage, but to hold aggro off the damage dealers and healers and soak up damage. right now a bear tank really has no purpose since its main roll is pretty gimped.

lastly, i just have to reiterate again...did you test this before putting it out? you don't just simply throw out a change this big without getting some significant testing and feedback first. you will get these type of reactions (the quitters) that you are getting.
    not good to be alienating your userbase when you are trying to build up your product.
    Rextab - 47 Tank Bear
    Archflier - 47 Pure Dex Bird
    Manabender - 33 Pure Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well-said, but I'd copy it into the official feedback thread to make sure they see it.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Of course we tested it. We also put up feedback threads to let you know it was coming and to try and understand what was important to you. There is no way we can test it with the diversity of builds that are out there until it gets into Live. I think the outrage comes from people that don't understand that 1) it was and is necessary to change and 2) the way it went out is NOT the way it will stay. We'll continue to gather feedback. Specifics help. "Not OMG I am quitting!" but rather "I was at this level with this gear and I had these stats, and this is how it felt to play".

We have not even had our first iteration on it. Give us a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

how i said in another thread... the balance was very good before update in pve... in they funktion bears, mages, and archers they had all they important stats..
    bears: armor to hold agro
    birds: dps
    mage: lots of ms to give support

so it was needed teamplay to play ao3! solo playing ao3 didnt work...

sure in pvp its another story... there should be all more balanced in stats, naturally tanks are overpowered there... but its something total diverse than pve!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Please understand that in order for us to gather all thoughts, we need to keep the feedback in one place. Closing General Feedback Thread and redirecting to Official Feedback Thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eedback-Thread