Thread: Protection vs Power?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Protection vs Power?

I guess I know where most people stand because of the number of keeper staffs, etc, but I have a hard time giving up the extra armor of the eye/wand set up. when fighting the keeper and other big bosses that end up in a long battle, it seems my main job is to stay alive to rez my team. when all mages die, it's over. so wouldn't extra armor serve that purpose better. when I outfit with more power, the fight does not seem any shorter. and I still seem to be able to clear the rooms along the way just as fast in my armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, I'd like to hear a good justification for staff over wand/bracer. As far as I'm concerned, weapon damage seems to be the least important thing to an enchantress, as I'm spending my time either blasting mobs with skill combos, or doing the whole buff/debuff/heal cycle on the rest of the team during boss fights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Keeper is useful mainly for clearing rooms. It's not ideal against a boss -- IF you're the only Mage. If there's another mage or pally around, you might be able to get away with a keeper staff. Just don't use it against OL -- you might not have enough armor not to be 1-shotted, even with tank elixir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The greater the damage of your weapon, the greater the damage your AOE skills have. When clearing out rooms, a staff will help you more. If your primary goal is to stay alive and debuff, heal, rez, etc. then having more armor will help you more. You can always keep both in your inventory and switch when needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Keeper is useful mainly for clearing rooms. It's not ideal against a boss -- IF you're the only Mage. If there's another mage or pally around, you might be able to get away with a keeper staff. Just don't use it against OL -- you might not have enough armor not to be 1-shotted, even with tank elixir.
    what do you use vs OL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Laser wand Gurg eye for sure on OL.
    Datecrepe -->lvl50 stank
    Auntflow -->lvl50 monthly marauder
    Squakward--> gold sponge