Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A very sincere public apology and thank you to the devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A very sincere public apology and thank you to the devs.

No they didn't ping me to post this, this is entirely under my own volition.

Devs, I got pretty hostile and upset in the feedback threads. I am sorry. It was unwarranted and uncalled for.

I was just noticing something in the consignment shop, I was browsing for armor. I noticed the metallic robe of fate for sale for 20k and mirage robes of the cosmos for 500k. They both have the same health and mana regen rates. The difference is one armor and %2 extra hit for the mirage robes.

Reflecting on this.... it levels the playing field dramatically. Before the rebalance the difference between cosmos gear and more common items was quite literally whether or not you could enjoy this game knowing there was such better gear out there.

Had I not any cosmos gear I wouldn't have been upset. I would have been thankful. The only reason I got upset was the effort I went through to get some cosmos gear that is now hugely over-rated. Now the only justifiable reason for cosmos gear to be expensive is in how rare it occurs, not because it gives such a huge advantage over other gear.

I'm also seeing a bit more clearly the gameplay style that StS is trying to cultivate and I agree with it. A more balanced game will thrive more.

I'm sure you've heard the feedback about the mana regen, the bears being too squishy now, and the archers no longer being the kings of hurt. I'm confident that you'll sort things out. I just feel rather bad about how I reacted and want to offer this apology. You guys are doing everyone a huge favor and it's so difficult for everyone to see that as many of us lost something while newer players are gaining so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Kudos to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Trust me, Cosmo robe is trash now compared to everything else these days...
    Except on some occasions...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamelova View Post
    Trust me, Cosmo robe is trash now compared to everything else these days...
    Except on some occasions...
    I think that's actually a really good thing. Gets rid of elitist mentality and makes the game more welcoming. It also adds variety to what you see so that you're not just looking at a bunch of 50's using cosmos setups. I'm warming up to this and trying to let go of the frustration of the time spent getting that stuff. From different perspectives, this looks like win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol I guess the tradeoff for sticking with the cheaper metallic robe is that you look like a noob at lvl 50? It's almost exactly the same color as no equipment at all. I guess keep it that way so at least those of us who went through the trouble to get cosmos can at least feel that we look better in them.

Edit: I remember one time when wearing Metallic robe, someone asked me why I wasn't wearing any armor lol.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 11-18-2010 at 10:33 PM.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Cheers to you for being self-aware, and thank you for sticking around. Now let's get down to business of making this game rock!