Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My fireball CONSTANTLY misses. Please help sts :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default My fireball CONSTANTLY misses. Please help sts :(

Anyone else experienced this?

When charging towards an enemy, the fireball hits. But when kiting, it really doesn't hit. As in 0%. The fireball just goes forward. Its as if the fireball only hits toward the direction you are running. This is a big problem for me when trying to escape because i cant stun while running away anymore, and i have countless deaths accumulated because of this.

Also, in 5on5 clashes, the fireball misses a lot because again, it only hits when you are facing the enemy, in clashes, I run around trying to evade enemies while still spamming my skills, so when i press fireball and i'm facing away the enemy, it really doesn't hit, even if the enemy is just very close to me.

Please fix this bug ASAP sts.. it's really a big blow for us sorcs

My fireball upgrade is 3/5 (w/o the radius and miss upgrade)

Ps: This is PvP, Haven't checked yet for PvE.
    Last edited by otb; 12-21-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Same here since winter update

IGN: ERIANA, ERIANU, ERIANO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

There was another thread about this and somebody said u have to have the first upgrade for it to auto aim, not sure tho

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otb:1390197
    Ps: This is PvP, Haven't checked yet for PvE.
    PVE too! Same problem here very annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I have 4 mages. Here the solution: point where you want it to go.

Fireball, like gale force, goes in a straight line. Think of it as the basic attack for a staff. You can't throw it backwards and kite like you used to be able to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

If u take the first upgrade ur fireball will fire behind u towards the enemy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maalice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post

Fireball, like gale force, goes in a straight line. Think of it as the basic attack for a staff. You can't throw it backwards and kite like you used to be able to.
    Thats not an excuse. Ice bolt fires in any direction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post
    If u take the first upgrade ur fireball will fire behind u towards the enemy
    I respeced and tried this and yes, my fireball auto aims now after getting the increase radius effect. But i think for pvp purposes, that upgrade is not so useful because the area of effect that the stock fireball brings is already enough. That 1 point would better serve sorcs when put into damage, or damage reduction.

So, again, spacetime, please fix this. This is a really crucial bug for sorcs because its the bread and butter skill, fireball, we're talking about.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

First off, gale force has an upgrade for AoE- Which makes it go everywhere, which means that there is no need to "aim" gale.

Secondly, fireball is already an AoE skill- it targets something, and goes after it- it is an obvious glitch, it happened after the Winter Fest update.

Third, every other skill does so. Ice goes "backwards," lightning goes "backwards," and curse does also.

Please STS, the +3 meters is a joke skill for PvP, and this glitch really does need fixed, about 50% of my deaths are from rogues who think they're good and I'm not able to kite them. It's annoying and needs to go back to normal ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Idk what you people are talking about happening after the winter update. Fireball has ALWAYS needed the radius upgrade to auto target something. This has been since the 21 cap that it was tested and proven because of pvp. There were a few threads about it back then and not sure if sts responded or not but they've known about it.
    AL: Applejaqs
    DL: Applejaqs
    PL: Saasitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

MAybe just add auto aim to the description of the first fb upgrade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Won't let me edit, but here is one piece of evidence that if anything, the auto target is unintentional.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...light=Fireball
    AL: Applejaqs
    DL: Applejaqs
    PL: Saasitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Applejaqs View Post
    Won't let me edit, but here is one piece of evidence that if anything, the auto target is unintentional.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...light=Fireball
    If that is the case, that would be IMO a major nerds to mages.... So please don't fix this, and rather add to the upgrades description.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I dont know if sts really intended to do this, but if they did, it doesnt make sense at all. Seriously. Its already very tough for a mage to be in pvp with rogs and wars with massive damage and range, then you still take auto aim out of mages? Geez. What do you think of mages, just stand in there face to face with their enemies doing mano-a-mano? Whew, you people could think better than that. I wasnt complaining why rogs have very high damage and wars have very high health and armor, bec yeah, i agree that it is class specific. But dude! Cmon! AUTO AIM is A NEED (physiological need if you will) for a mage! IT IS CLASS SPECIFIC for a squishy mage because we play running around for our lives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I eliminated fb from my skill list, it's overrated imho curse gives me much better results and a charged icicle can slow enemies enough for me to make a hasty retreat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    I eliminated fb from my skill list, it's overrated imho curse gives me much better results and a charged icicle can slow enemies enough for me to make a hasty retreat

You need fireball for elite shuyal. It's the most consistent stun in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

We do fantastic with our without it clock and ice hold mobs just fine, the one mob I wish it would stun is the mages...if that was the case it would be worth having, but can't stun the blue mages, glacians, most of the bigger harder hitting aoe mobs anyway...seems worthless to have it if it doesn't stun the mob I need it to stun, and in pvp if war uses jugg it's worthless yet again, I hardly ever stunned a warrior, ice does more for me than fire ever did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Ive actually had instances where my fireball goes straight through a mob within range, but it doesnt explode, doesnt say "missed", and no damage is dealt.
    Last edited by Zylx; 12-23-2013 at 03:46 AM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

The new issue is not with the AUTO AIM, but with TARGET RECOGNITION. Today I fired a fireball at a skeleton directly in front of me from a stationary position. The fireball sailed clean through the target so I fished it off with my staff. My point being that fireball missed a straight shot that was well within range. This is not to be confused with the lack of auto aim associated with not having the radius upgrade. Fireball randomly fails to SEE targets lately.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nesox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Its not just me then.... Ever since Winter Update my FB has been firing off all over the place. Its NOT anything to do with how i am playing either.

No buddy. In 1v1 my FB used to go to my opponent. Last night it was going the other direction or just sailing past like they weren't there..... and i was pointing it towards my opponent correctly. Also in SS my fireballs were quite often missing mobs entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by otb View Post
    I respeced and tried this and yes, my fireball auto aims now after getting the increase radius effect. But i think for pvp purposes, that upgrade is not so useful because the area of effect that the stock fireball brings is already enough. That 1 point would better serve sorcs when put into damage, or damage reduction.

So, again, spacetime, please fix this. This is a really crucial bug for sorcs because its the bread and butter skill, fireball, we're talking about.
    Nothing to do with the increased radius. I've always had this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    First off, gale force has an upgrade for AoE- Which makes it go everywhere, which means that there is no need to "aim" gale.

Secondly, fireball is already an AoE skill- it targets something, and goes after it- it is an obvious glitch, it happened after the Winter Fest update.

Third, every other skill does so. Ice goes "backwards," lightning goes "backwards," and curse does also.

Please STS, the +3 meters is a joke skill for PvP, and this glitch really does need fixed, about 50% of my deaths are from rogues who think they're good and I'm not able to kite them. It's annoying and needs to go back to normal ._.
    Trent we're not talking about Gale, but if we were Crow would be refering to the Dash of the Wind which does need aiming.

Fire is an AOE skill yes, but its not a very big one unless you get the upgrade. If i'm hammering mobs in Shuyal or doing a 5V5 in PVP the radius upgarde is A MUST. 3M isnt a joke for the skill, its actually a hell of a big range. When you see a warrior heal that is an 8 metre range i think..... Thats huge. Imagine a mage with an AOE that big. Seriously OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejaqs View Post
    Idk what you people are talking about happening after the winter update. Fireball has ALWAYS needed the radius upgrade to auto target something. This has been since the 21 cap that it was tested and proven because of pvp. There were a few threads about it back then and not sure if sts responded or not but they've known about it.
    Before the update all skills but Wind Dash and Curse had an auto aim. This is why we hit crates instead of mobs etc. Whether it goes to the right thing or not is not the point here, but they all defintely used to auto aim when in range.

Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post
    If that is the case, that would be IMO a major nerds to mages.... So please don't fix this, and rather add to the upgrades description.
    Totally. ^^^^

For a while i used Ice light curse in PVP, wanna know how many people shouted at me? Fireball is without doubt the best weapon we have in pvp. It stuns, covers a huge area, has no limit on targets and has an insane burn dmg.

You have just lost the single most important skill in the game. You're gonna regret this dude.

We do fantastic with our without it clock and ice hold mobs just fine, the one mob I wish it would stun is the mages...if that was the case it would be worth having, but can't stun the blue mages, glacians, most of the bigger harder hitting aoe mobs anyway...seems worthless to have it if it doesn't stun the mob I need it to stun, and in pvp if war uses jugg it's worthless yet again, I hardly ever stunned a warrior, ice does more for me than fire ever did

If you speak to any Top Mage they will tell you the same thing, for Crowd Control and quick killing you cannot be without it. Its not just the stun, as i said above its also the burn dmg. If we're talking PVP not PVE a fireball allows your whole team to get into the action unscathed for 3 seconds. Not to mention the burn dmg before your team even getstarted...... Important in any clash. My guys insist that i have fb.

And the only way to beat a war is with ice and fire. Burn dmg + DOT from ice remain consistent enough for us to be able to beat them. Not to mention fireball stuns them.... if you time it right and use the correct pet that is
    Last edited by Joncheese; 12-23-2013 at 03:46 AM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>