Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: keeping names in AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Deleting low level characters isn't a good idea because there are hundreds if not thousands.

Also I'm sorry to say that perhaps the only reason you're asking for this is because you want a cool name for yourself. Correct? So why should everyone else be penalised just because you don't like your name?

Venom hit the nail on the head, if u are a nice person and you're friends with someone that has names then maybe you will be lucky enough to be gifted one, otherwise you better just get reading through the dictionary.
    Mr Joncheese
    1) i love my name and will never change it for anything. it reminds of a family and i picked the idea up from the donquijote family from one piece.
    2) you missed a crucial point i dont care if low level chars would be erased or not cause i dont hoard names nor do i want any name hoarder to lose is precious names infact idgaf.
    3) i don't need a dictionary unlike you to get a good name.

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post

There was no reason to go off insulting my name like you did. I am sorry for insulting your to get back at you and respectfully ask you to maybe, just maybe, grow up and get some manners.

Sincerely,
    -Vys
    I respectfully ask you the same thing Vystirch grow up and don't overheat because others don't like something about you and they tell you in your face, said this i am sorry for my harsh behaviour there's is always a better way to say what you think without offending others and the more calm you are when explaining the more people are willing to listen to you.

Merry christmas and Happy holidays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Here we go again.. People have different definitions of good.

We don't judge your methods of choosing a "good" name. Sure, stringing words together may be great for you, but you should not judge how others choose their names.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

blueglue(mage) xtoothfairyx(rogue) childpredator(mage) lol the last name is just for fun also to make ppl aware of childpredators irl ,tho i get farmed so much in pvp!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Here we go again.. People have different definitions of good.

We don't judge your methods of choosing a "good" name. Sure, stringing words together may be great for you, but you should not judge how others choose their names.
    Okay mister you are right ^^
    now (please) drop this matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

For me it still makes no sense to buy a name...thats your avatar put your Immagination and heart in it And cough out a good name if you cant get Raziel call it Azriel if its God call it Lord if its Goku call it Kakarot if its Sephiroth call it Sorax only dumb ppl buy names And the dumbest ones buy names brought out from a dictionary this is my way of playing this is my code.
    No. They may be similar, but they aren't the same unique names. Certain names/words have a greater impact. Lord =/= God. Lord has MANY definitions that people would assume before God, even if the reader is a Christian (as many other religions don't use those names synonymously).

Pretend sts was having a fundraiser of some sort, and the names Goku and Kakorat were freed up and to be bid upon. More than likely, they would not sell for the same amounts (unless some super rich baller could outbid the max money of the second richest player for each name).

It isn't just about the name itself. It is a class thing, a status symbol. Do you own a watch? A nice one? Lots of people do...and they have no real use! Just about anyone with a watch can look at their phone for the time...or a clock nearby. There are very few cases where a watch is needed. There are none where an expensive watch is truly needed, other than being a status symbol.

"See my watch? It is packed with so many gems on it that it can't even tell the time because the hands get stuck on the stones!"

Stop complaining about pixels and names. Worry more about people spending $1,000,000 on a watch instead of using that money to help a charity and such.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

People do like names, and some do want to buy them. Why? What if you have achieved everything else in the game? What if that's your next goal?

Names are out there. It all depends on what you class as a good name I suppose. Last week or so I got Riskybusiness, hellraising, honkee etc.

Deleting low level characters isn't a good idea because there are hundreds if not thousands. How would you be able to determined which you could delete? If you're talking about those that are inactive, how do u class inactive? Hellraising is on my Lvl 10 twink, I hardly play it, but it is there. I'd be proper raging if it was deleted.

Also I'm sorry to say that perhaps the only reason you're asking for this is because you want a cool name for yourself. Correct? So why should everyone else be penalised just because you don't like your name?

Venom hit the nail on the head, if u are a nice person and you're friends with someone that has names then maybe you will be lucky enough to be gifted one, otherwise you better just get reading through the dictionary.
    uhm. but what if its not using? 0 pvp kills. right? thats so stupid. and why would u sell a name that is free for all? and u gotta make a lot of alts that u are not using js to keep the names and resell and let the ppl offer for it. lol. and how u can call i a alt if never use it? sts should check all inactive low lvl that there is no items. so u gotta be think what u preach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Thanks to this topic I remembered I wanted another Mage called wutzup. Thankfully the name was never taken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlovableaze View Post
    uhm. but what if its not using? 0 pvp kills. right? thats so stupid. and why would u sell a name that is free for all? and u gotta make a lot of alts that u are not using js to keep the names and resell and let the ppl offer for it. lol. and how u can call i a alt if never use it? sts should check all inactive low lvl that there is no items. so u gotta be think what u preach
    There is no point in sts doing such. People will immediately go after names of people they know have quit and stockpiling will happen again. There is going to be no end to it no matter what. Half the people on here that want it to happen are after that exact thing.
    AL: Applejaqs
    DL: Applejaqs
    PL: Saasitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xbadboyx View Post
    blueglue(mage) xtoothfairyx(rogue) childpredator(mage) lol the last name is just for fun also to make ppl aware of childpredators irl ,tho i get farmed so much in pvp!
    We might as well burn u alive for that last name. Lol jk. *expressionless stare*
    Last edited by BudakGemuk; 12-25-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Applejaqs View Post
    There is no point in sts doing such. People will immediately go after names of people they know have quit and stockpiling will happen again. There is going to be no end to it no matter what. Half the people on here that want it to happen are after that exact thing.
    This statement honestly concludes the thread. If you weren't here for the start of AL, then boohoo, you missed that boat. In life, there are many opportunities. This is an opportunity that you missed and hopefully, like others said, you will be fortunate to be gifted a unique name. Although, I personally believe that all names are unique.

As for my name? It shows my fondness of Greek mythology.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlovableaze View Post
    There is a lvl 1 named Roque. He doesnt pvp, just likes to stand in town and show off his lvl 1 item collection. Has the Arcane tabard set from first 2 days of AL too. Now, if only you knew what an Arcane Tabard is.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

nothing will happen here. thread closed

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Jus add I or C to the front of any name you want and it will sound cooler...

Strudel to Cstrudel
    Grade to Cgrade

^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Mr Joncheese
    1) i love my name and will never change it for anything. it reminds of a family and i picked the idea up from the donquijote family from one piece.
    2) you missed a crucial point i dont care if low level chars would be erased or not cause i dont hoard names nor do i want any name hoarder to lose is precious names infact idgaf.

I respectfully ask you the same thing Vystirch grow up and don't overheat because others don't like something about you and they tell you in your face, said this i am sorry for my harsh behaviour there's is always a better way to say what you think without offending others and the more calm you are when explaining the more people are willing to listen to you.

Merry christmas and Happy holidays.
    First of all my reply was not to you as tbh you talk rubbish. Everyone's name though is their choice, and I don't care what they are. It's the person behind it that matters.

Secondly your 'crucial point' as you speak I'm also not referring to. I'm talking about Low level twinks that rarely play but sometimes do, like me. Please re read before you produce your counter argument.

Thirdly I didn't use a dictionary. I like the name. But even if I was to use a dictionary so what? It shows using initiative. It doesn't mean that I lack imagination and the same goes for anyone else who decides to use this method. But again I have not so this is really a pointless conversation.

Fourthly you apologise for your behaviour after you talk the same to me in the paragraph above it. Which would contradict your later statement.

There's nothing respectful about your replies, your just trolling the post and making a nuisance of yourself rather than coming up with any sort of constructive criticism. And just because you put the word 'respectfully' does not mean that you are being such.

What myself and everyone else see is someone that has not grasped some of the major points put forward by other players, whilst also not taking anyone else's feelings into consideration. By this I mean those that would lose a name that they treasure (see venoms last post).

You might not care, but most will do. Stop being so single minded. and as for people being calm, perhaps your attitude towards others makes them feel this way. Just sayin.

Respectfully.

Merry Xmas
    Last edited by Joncheese; 12-26-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

@Jon, I like the respectfully part, LOL!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

First of all my reply was not to you as tbh you talk rubbish. Everyone's name though is their choice, and I don't care what they are. It's the person behind it that matters.

Secondly your 'crucial point' as you speak I'm also not referring to. I'm talking about Low level twinks that rarely play but sometimes do, like me. Please re read before you produce your counter argument.

Thirdly I didn't use a dictionary. I like the name. But even if I was to use a dictionary so what? It shows using initiative. It doesn't mean that I lack imagination and the same goes for anyone else who decides to use this method. But again I have not so this is really a pointless conversation.

Fourthly you apologise for your behaviour after you talk the same to me in the paragraph above .

There's nothing respectful about your replies, your just trolling the post and making a nuisance of yourself rather than coming up with any sort of constructive criticism. And just because you put the word 'respectfully' does not mean that you are being such.

What myself and everyone else see is someone that has not grasped some of the major points put forward by other players, whilst also not taking anyone else's feelings into consideration.

You might not care, but most will do. Stop being so single minded. and as for people being calm, perhaps your attitude towards others makes them feel this way. Just sayin.

Respectfully.

Merry Xmas
    Ehmm mr joncheese it appears to me u just want to troll too cuz u failed right frm the begining, why?
    You actually fully quoted me so it seemed u wr replying to this troll but don't worry u are still right .

Should i start talking about ur other points? no thks i am fed up. Good day.^^
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-26-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Ehmm mr joncheese it appears to me u just want to troll too cuz u failed just frm the begining, why?
    You actually fully quoted me so it seemed u wr replying to this troll but don't worry u are still right .

Should i start talking about ur other points, no thks i am fed up. Good day.^^
    Phew.. Now you're talking my language. I'm fed up as well.

~Respectfully too
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Respectfully, close this thread lmao

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Finally! He's fed up!

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Oh the hypocrisy and double-standards in this thread... For the record, I think the original post is a bad idea and will never happen. But to actually get offended and try to have a debate with him seems equally ridiculous. Why post at all? If you can't disagree with something without being offended and arguing about it then perhaps you need to stay away from the internet...