Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The dilemma of an appropriate looting system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The dilemma of an appropriate looting system

I believe people are complaining about the loot system due to the inability to acquire purple/pink items. While it should not be impossible, it still has to remain consistently hard to acquire.

I also noticed various individuals who argued that the new loot system will basically "screwed" new players. I think otherwise. It does seems that there are major level 30 purple/pink items out there due to previous "random" loot system. However, when the new level 35 cap is released with new purple/pink level 35 items, everyone will basically be on par.

There are basically a few things the developer can do, as I have seen it in other games.
    1) There can be pink items in various levels, the higher the level, the rarer the drop.
    For example, a level 30 Sniper's Heavy Crossbow should be rarer than a level 25 Sniper's Heavy Crossbow. (That is if people like to see pink coloured items :P)
    2) Not to be so transparent in the drop ratio. (Highly sensitive issue)
    I have been in games where drop ratio was tweaked every 2-3 days, gradually to a point where developers think its fine. This was not projected to the community. No one felt anything and no one complains about it

I believe the new loot system will allow players more time to "work" on their equipments and hence, not bother the developers to push out new content as soon as possible. This allows developer to concentrate on enhancing current released contents and put our money to worth (You won't be able to get all leet pink items 2 days after content is release and complain that you are bored).

There should be a balance between keeping the players happy and keeping them engaged in the game. It is a fact that everyone loves to receive pink items. However, if doing that makes them complete their item set easily, boredom will sit in soon.

In other aspects of the game, I hope that there will be activities that we can do on lower level dungeons that we have purchased. I, for one, do not access the Dark Forest and Balefort Castle anymore.

These are just my humble opinions. Please feel free to discuss. Thank you.

- Temporary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Dude you're cool.
    btw..yea i agree with everything you said and i think the "rarity" for pinks right now is good (since i managed to find one after 2-3 days). i think they tweaked it up a bit with todays update.
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The drop rate right now is way to low, even for just purples.
    I've ran threw LE atleast 15 times, and other dungeons like DF, and have not even seen a purple.
    It would not hurt to bump up the rate just a little.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legit View Post
    The drop rate right now is way to low, even for just purples.
    I've ran threw LE atleast 15 times, and other dungeons like DF, and have not even seen a purple.
    It would not hurt to bump up the rate just a little.
    were those 15 runs completed after today's update?
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've seen a couple of purples and 1 pink in the 5 runs I have done today. Lady luck isn't on your side I guess.
    Realm Alterra
    Temporary - Level 25 Warrior
    Traceroute - Level 30 Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Yeah, I just picked up four purples and a pink tonight. Are you guys hunting solo? I think you get more if you go in a group. Sure I'd love to see the rate increase, but that's just greed on my part

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

The drop rate is independent of the number of players now - each person effectively rolls for drops independently, so (most) bosses always give everyone there something, and everyone has their own chance at the chest/trash drops. Being in a group means you get more chances over time since you go through them quicker.