Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
SL is in fact the dream child of the devs 4 years ago. They originally intended to make Blackstar, then they lost the contract (but got to keep their work -- the game engine), so they made PL to coincide with the release of the 1st iPad. To make PL they worked without pay running on faith for several months. Once PL was far enough along (once it had guilds and towns), they went back and made Blackstar but changed the name to Star Legends.

So rather than think of it as something left behind, think of it as the first game. It might actually be complete. The expectation of infinite development might be in the minds of the players but it's not realistic. The company that made PL and SL, that worked all those insane hours, is gone. The company that made AL now exists. I doubt the people at STG are willing to sacrifice all they did for PL and SL anymore. But SL and PL are not gone. We can play them with new characters, and we can help new players, or we can play the other games. But to expect infinte development is just untempered desire. Without a large player base spending scads of plat, there just isn't going to be a reason to invest in it.

I'm saying, maybe it is finished. And maybe we should see it for what it is. It is a cool thing we can enjoy. Sometimes they make us new vanities. They made it out of love. It wasn't meant to break their bank.

ON TOPIC, though: I would LOVE to see daily rewards. Have wanted them for years.
-AMEN-