Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Outrageous Ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Angry Outrageous Ping

Devs can you please try and clarify the issue with everyone's Ping at the moment. It seems that everyone including myself and Emma are having massive lag and ping spike issues. This is not new, it has been happening since the Winter update and tbh is annoying as hell. Typically spiking up to 800 and for the majority it fluctuates between 400-800.

Before any of you say 'it's your internet' it's not. Myself and Emma run on 80mb fibre optic connection (though ATM at peak it's half that) with a standard Ping of 60 (and that's being generous, it's normally about 50). Most that I have spoken to have a reliable connection so this is not just a case of bad connection.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  392.1 KB

I've seen many rage quit over this and PVP is a complete nightmare, it's getting a little silly. Surely it's something to do with the game? if so can you fix it pls.
    Last edited by Joncheese; 12-25-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Buy more servers..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

My internet is very, very fast, but lately AL gameplay is becoming very laggy.

I can understand that many people are online during Tarlok's Event.. But it's ridiculous now. I avoid PVP as of right now.. And Elite is not even fun... Now the only stable places I can play are Guild Hall, Towns, or normal maps farming essences or hunting rifts.

I would love to run Elite for portals, but constant dc'ing saps the enjoyment outta it very quickly.

My ping test as well:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  318.3 KB

The funny thing is that sometimes I get way lower results than the pic above.. But my ping ingame is stable for weeks.. Until now .-.
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 12-25-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Maybe your internet is just bad lol...
    My ping is constantly 80-120 and in my case a Ping spike is 180ping...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post
    Maybe your internet is just bad lol...
    My ping is constantly 80-120 and in my case a Ping spike is 180ping...
    Did u actually look at my post? Or read it? Please look at my screenshot.. It's not that hard.

And that's not a spike mate, I'd pay to be that constant.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Maybe more people playing on Christmas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

i usually 180-250 ping myself .. its awesome to me, but ATM lowest can get is 400-600 with ping spikes almost 1k.. hope it fixed soon ..

damn it jon .. dat speed !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I would check any background apps running, disable syncing, and look into any kind of CPU scaling for battery conservation. I don't know how the iPad works with but on Android you can change the CPU governor so that it doesn't try to enable power saving. The best test is to login Arcane Legends on your PC and your iPad on different account simultaneously. Then check the ping on both. If the ping doesn't spike on your PC, then its a problem isolated on the iPad. Then you need to eliminate any background apps, syncing or power save feature causing the problem. Once you eliminated all of these, then you can blame the Arcane Legends application. I think you need to go through these steps because I am sure the answer back will be it works for us.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey John, sorry to hear you are having priblems playing. I have been playing AL a bit over the break and I am not seeing the issues you are reporting. Playing on either my S4 Android or iPad2. That isn't to say you aren't experiencing the problems, but just to give you another point of reference. Falmeer has some good advice in the post above. I know H2N is keeping a close eye on the servers and am confident if there was a systemic issue on our side he would be letting us know.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hmm. This happened to me as well. My ping usually really low - as low as 20 sometimes - and I have been getting ping spikes from yellow to red, once as high as 13,000. Not sure what's up with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Yeah sometimes I get spikes in my ping or lag issues even if my ping is green. It does go up and down. Lag-deaths are more common now.

Other then that, I play on my iPad. Works fine. But when I play on my phone, it's lag-central with ping spikes lol
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My self and my other half were getting lag spikes from 6k to 80k lol usually were at 79 to 122 roughly so we know how u feel lol

Ign: Silvarha. Class: Rogue. Guild Officer: Break Down
    Dark Legends: Ign: Kilvarha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Same goes to Google chrome user. have the same issues.
    Revengga
    < Feel Good Inc >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From Houston playing w/ nothing above .2 seconds, unless I need my bandwidth for... downloads, but other than that I'm fine here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I have always had crazy lag issues; however, mine are surprisingly less than usual. My aggravation comes from my random purges of high ping. My nexus 7 sustains a ping of around 40-50 on average but sometimes, for no apparent reason, my ping spikes to well over 50k.

Before you say "its from having a lot of mobs on the map, or a lot of chat all at once" the last time it happens was when I was chilling in the guild hall pming a single person. For a sense of relativity I must point out that I often maintain 4+ conversations while watching my cs sales at paradise pier. I'm not sure what the issue is, but the popular belief is the servers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I would check any background apps running, disable syncing, and look into any kind of CPU scaling for battery conservation. I don't know how the iPad works with but on Android you can change the CPU governor so that it doesn't try to enable power saving. The best test is to login Arcane Legends on your PC and your iPad on different account simultaneously. Then check the ping on both. If the ping doesn't spike on your PC, then its a problem isolated on the iPad. Then you need to eliminate any background apps, syncing or power save feature causing the problem. Once you eliminated all of these, then you can blame the Arcane Legends application. I think you need to go through these steps because I am sure the answer back will be it works for us.
    I have a shortcut set through "android assistant" to kill background apps when Arcane Legends, Clash of Clans, Pocket Legends, and any other high band with games are in use. Additionally, I use "advanced task killer" like a junky to keep all my apps in check. I can confirm that 87% of my processing is given to Arcane Legends when it is in use (courtesy of android assistant).

The purges seem to occur after long periods of use, this forces me to reset the app every 1-2 hours or face a disconnect. I can say that the solution to constant lag is to reset the app and clear all background app ("advanced task killer" works great for this) as well as to clear all windows (including arcane legends) and reopening the app often. This is an annoyance but solves many of my problems.

For Apple users: sorry I'm not a fan of apple products and I don't have any working solutions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

One more point (sorry for seperat post, I am trying to section off complete arguments), speedtest.net isn't a trusted benchmark IMO. There are an assortment of data tables that will list typical ping levels for your device and internet connection. Additionally, ball park figures (round up) are the most beneficial for calculations to find a server issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Angry

happened to me to, though average for me is 1200ping and spike is 20k-120k to disconneted

(playing on ipad)

but its fine on my crappy computer
    Last edited by nelson131; 12-25-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I play on 4 devices and I have really good connection, but I experience so much lag when running maps or doing PvP, lag jumps up and down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

My ping is fine and I'm running on 5mb connection. Maybe you should downgrade your fibre optic to just 3g because it's a lot better.
    And I'm far from US so I wonder why I'm not lagging.