Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Changing the PvP Scene!!! An initiative by <Pride>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Default Changing the PvP Scene!!! An initiative by <Pride>

Alright folks, this war with Magnum has made many people realize that dirty play is harmful for everyone So today we tried a nice, fair game where both teams had 1 mauler each, one arcane staff, rest 3 players were pink weapon or mythic gun/bow. We actually rejected over geared players. So, it was an extremely fun game with no returns if dead.

I am making this thread to encourage this system amongst all Major and active, pro guilds. Why do we need to swap out the less geared players from EVERY Friggin Game??? Why not make it more interesting by balancing out both teams? You will actually feel better, trust me!! Easy kills = no fun, no good.

The Fair Play:

1) Balance teams with same number of warriors. 2 in each team would be great. 1 in each for extra fun.
    2) Look at number of Arcane/Mythics and try to balance it out between both teams.
    3) Try to keep a couple of under-geared players, even they deserve to have some fun
    4) Call in an under geared player in next team to balance the game instead of asking one to leave.
    5) If no under geared players are available, try switching your weapon
    6) Never Spot Block!!! It just shows you are weak and it ruins the game for everyone.
    7) Let people regroup in random games, be patient, do not spawn kill. They will come out eventually!!
    8) Decide in advance whether you want a no-returns game or returning is allowed.
    9) Enjoy PvP and let everyone else enjoy too. This game is meant to make you happy, not to ruin your mood
    Last edited by Venom; 01-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Venom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

1 and 6 are a must

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

I totally support this!

Good thread Ven

“New eras don't come about because of swords, they're created by the people who wield them.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I was a part of this today, n i LOVED IT, deffo what i would like to do more in future

<Pride>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

how to make thanks GREEN....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Avshow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Id play in a game like this
    Credits to Iady

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    how to make thanks GREEN....
    ure not delph lol

<Pride>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

If these rules are applied, people with normal equips will have a chance to have some fun too
    Gj Ven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

This thread has been approved by maalice.

Maybe the events that took place in the last few days were needed to remind us that this is a game, and games should be fun. Good thread venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Past days made me realise that actin lile this is silly , its a game where we are supposed to have fun and this ia what he should do , i totally support thia idea !

Karma Officer
    IGNs : Hazard ( Tank ) , Jxmaa ( Rogue )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

This is nice cuz i have normal equips.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

If you need an undergeared noob....I'm your guy :-)

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Can't argue with this.
    Everyone should change for the better good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

The thread was made for people to move on and play fairly.. which some people might hate, but people are following these points that Venom mentioned which is a good start.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

what is the porpuse to have Mytic/arcane if u only fight with arcane/mytic users?? NO. the solution for that is make single pvp in any town. and make ''arena'' or ''coliseum'' to fight 3v3 or 5v5 to get some Coins to BUY GEAR. like a wow..

2 wars per match? and what is the porpuse? same dificult for 2 team. pff.. all with same items? infinite battle.. this game is not for skill is only for GEAR. u don't need skill to play Arcane legends have only 4 skills..

this is the same like a ''twink'' what is the porpuse to create a twink in arcane legends?

u only fight with same lv people..

in another games if u create a ''twink'' is for kill a High Lv Players.. not ur same lv is obviusly u are going to win bcus u are a FULL PVP twink. i don't see the porpuse to create a twink here i can fight with END game user and is the same. mytic gear = legendary twink gear. so is the same no diference just the lv..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    what is the porpuse to have Mytic/arcane if u only fight with arcane/mytic users?? NO. the solution for that is make single pvp in any town. and make ''arena'' or ''coliseum'' to fight 3v3 or 5v5 to get some Coins to BUY GEAR. like a wow..

2 wars per match? and what is the porpuse? same dificult for 2 team. pff.. all with same items? infinite battle.. this game is not for skill is only for GEAR. u don't need skill to play Arcane legends have only 4 skills..

this is the same like a ''twink'' what is the porpuse to create a twink in arcane legends?

in another games if u create a ''twink'' is for kill a High Lv Players.. not ur same lv is obviusly u are going to win bcus u are a FULL PVP twink. i don't see the porpuse to create a twink here i can fight with END game user and is the same. mytic gear = legendary twink gear. so is the same no diference just the lv..
    Hello there, this thread is also meant for people willing to play and enjoy AL. You don't seem to be enjoying it much. It would help if you find another game of your choice that makes you happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post

The purpose is to negate the effect that gear has on the two opposing sides, meaning that skill and team cooperation will be the differentiator on whether your team wins or loses.

And, while it is true that gear makes a large difference, there are many cases where the undergeared player will come out on top. This is the case in both PvP and PvE. I have run with countless Mythic and Arcane players who have failed miserably in elite maps that I breeze through in my upper-end Legendary gear and trusty Loki and Malison pets. I have beaten many Mythic players in PvP and have been run out of the arena by someone with equally mainstream gear that used his tanks effectively and knew when to press an attack and when to retreat.

Skills and tactics can make an average geared player a superstar, but mythic equipment cannot make a lackluster player a stud. The only time gear makes a substantial difference is in 1v1 fights, and when two opponents are equally skilled. In all other cases, skill is usually superior to gear, which is the whole point in ensuring balance between the two opponents. To go against a team of Arcane and Mythics with a group of Legendary and Epics is like showing up to a gun fight with a potato peeler - it's not fair and not fun for either side.

Perhaps you should learn a bit about twink and end game PvP - you are missing the finer details because all you are focusing on is the gear and end results. PvP in it's pure form is fun, challenging and leads to many friendships; it's a great place to test out new builds, new attack styles, new party tactics, etc. If all you do is just mash the 4 skill buttons, then you are missing out on the ebb and flow of a good, equally matched PvP contest.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

+1

I just hope that players take note of this. Recent events have caused a massive spiral of miss-conduct and the game for most has now become unpleasant. IMO CTF arena should be a CTF arena. I've always thought this and the way that PVP has been created in this game has unfortunately been its own downfall, mostly due to AP's. CTF is now used as a killzone where players either go for a 1v1 or where they are ganged until they leave. Now there will be players on either side that will laugh at this like they think they have gotten one over on the other, but the reality is that everyone has been on the receiving end of it.

Time to try and actually play CTF. Bring back a proper game. Make it better.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    +1

I just hope that players take note of this. Recent events have caused a massive spiral of miss-conduct and the game for most has now become unpleasant. IMO CTF arena should be a CTF arena. I've always thought this and the way that PVP has been created in this game has unfortunately been its own downfall, mostly due to AP's. CTF is now used as a killzone where players either go for a 1v1 or where they are ganged until they leave. Now there will be players on either side that will laugh at this like they think they have gotten one over on the other, but the reality is that everyone has been on the receiving end of it.

Time to try and actually play CTF. Bring back a proper game. Make it better.
    That would be the best, both teams try to win as a team.. No free flags or 5v5 mids. Play however as long as you are trying to win the game by flags and other team is trying to stop you from doing so.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Venom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Flag ap should b removed, and ctf team win ap should be added, or some comparable.