Thread: [Guide]: Farming Elite Shuyal - A Rogue's Perspective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    +1 Good Guide.
    The build:
    You don't need trap the mobs are very big(maybe the biggest) and very many, when u are attacked because of the narrow paths ecc they are close and already gathered.

I think the best build and maximum damage output for Shuyal should have
    razor 3/5 no bleed no Movement
    instead of trap
    IMO - Trap, Razor, aim and nox is top dps spec. With trapped enemies razor dps increase a lot. Trapped enemies also increase mages dps. 2-3 proc trap in a row is normal but sometimes I get 4-5 trap proc in row so its insane aoe dps. Anyway charged shadow veil just dont fit with chagred nox and charged razor in rotation. Charging nox is more than enough for rogue. Dont want more charging skill in rotation.
    IGN: Keyrogue, Keymagey, Grrom, Sceuetas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    IMO - Trap, Razor, aim and nox is top dps spec. With trapped enemies razor dps increase a lot. Trapped enemies also increase mages dps. 2-3 proc trap in a row is normal but sometimes I get 4-5 trap proc in row so its insane aoe dps. Anyway charged shadow veil just dont fit with chagred nox and charged razor in rotation. Charging nox is more than enough for rogue. Dont want more charging skill in rotation.
    Trap is a good skill but not in Shuyal maps why?
    1) The mobs are just too big, if trap doesnt proc maybe 2 3 mobs get trapped.
    2) Trap proc needs to be buffed it rearly proc ( i hv it in my build so i know) u can do a entire run without a single proc.

Shadow veil must be in build and must be charged why?
    it increases dodge damage and armor for the WHOLE party + it gives the party a point of referement in the confusion.

Razor sheild doesn't need to be charged (leave out bleed and movement )and its useful as a Aoe dmger nearly the same lvl as a charged Nox + it give 15% dodge.

If u have shadow veil and razor sheild activated u rarely get hitten by mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Trap is a good skill but not in Shuyal maps why?
    1) The mobs are just too big, if trap doesnt proc maybe 2 3 mobs get trapped.
    2) Trap proc needs to be buffed it rearly proc ( i hv it in my build so i know) u can do a entire run without a single proc.

Shadow veil must be in build and must be charged why?
    it increases dodge damage and armor for the WHOLE party + it gives the party a point of referement in the confusion.

Razor sheild doesn't need to be charged (leave out bleed and movement )and its useful as a Aoe dmger nearly the same lvl as a charged Nox + it give 15% dodge.

If u have shadow veil and razor sheild activated u rarely get hitten by mobs.
    I don't play rogue but I know that traps are amazing in shuyal and a must have imo!

Nice guide btw parF!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    I don't play rogue but I know that traps are amazing in shuyal and a must have imo!

Nice guide btw parF!
    On personal experience and after uncountless shuyal runs with Trap my conclusion is that trap is usefull for all elite except shuyal.
    Maybe if the pull in from trap was buffed and more often then maybe it would worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    I disagree with charging nox, by charging it enemies in a radius receive poison damage.
    This is an AoE and DoT skill, as a rogue you should focus on single targets and let the mages deal the AoE and DoT dmg.
    Also, when you charge it takes an extra second- a second off of that aimed shot crit buff the cons of charging nox just simply outweigh the pros of charging it.
    Nah. Nox bolt poison is deadly in elite. Especially if you're a bow rogue and you're kiting. Check out zuz's nox box guide. It's genius.
    Last edited by Rare; 12-29-2013 at 09:03 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Was waiting for someone to correct me on that!

Btw, how long did it take you to delete everything but that in order to form a short quote?
    Not that long actually, but iPad makes me a bit slower
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Name:  44407304.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  172.5 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Name:  44407304.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  172.5 KB
    I don't hate

*Insert picture*

But when I do I hate hard

BES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Lets say nox do 150 dmg/sec. Its total 150x6sec= 900 dmg. You forgot other 5 mobs on which DoT is tickling so 900x total 6 mobs = 5400 dmg(one really hard hitted aimed - not every aimed shot hit like 5400) of one charged nox shoot by only one rogue. If 3 rogue in pt then 5400x3 rogue = 16200 dmg.

Btw that nox DoT dmg is for good geared rogue - normal gear rogue nox hit like 100 per tick(Just tested on shuyal elite skeleton) without pet. Their aimed shot also do dmg according to their gear.
    You misunderstood what he was saying. He's only considering 2 seconds (cool down time of as) in the comparison

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Nice job Zeus!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Razor really fails in Shuyal for a few reasons:

1. In order to fully utilize razor, you need traps. Mobs need to be tightly packed for a razor to be utilized properly.
    2. Razor has a long cooldown, so when it's down, you lose a lot of your DPS.
    3. You need to be in close range with razor, which can be highly dangerous when you're doing large pulls due to purple pools of death.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Nice guide - thumbs up.
    Please dont get offended - It just feedback.

I wish all classes should included in this guide.

To make best guide out of this you need to actually PuG with legendary gear and play with PuG players(to know their skill lvl)

Skill build for every class depends on person/team skill lvl, strategy and class combination

What new player(who never did shuyal) expect in guide then?

Pulling/luring strategy for each pac with screenshot/video.
    (I suggest divide guide into two section
    Guide for individual map
    Guide for spec, gear and pets for individual class.)

General spec PuG spec(which one you included)

Minor details like- new players are really clueless about these stuff.
    kill blue mages first asap as rogue - so they dont target smurfs
    always clocked lured enemy
    as mage stay at max range and dps
    If tank it pt use dagger otherwise bow
    even as tank try to avoid blue mages/wolf red zone so u dont get stun locked
    smurf stop getting one shot by blue mages bcoz u r not avoiding blue mages red aoe
    if two mages in pt hammer mobs from both side so most mob get stun locked
    tank dont stand in blue area created by blue mage
    wait until tank lure and then drop clock
    never scatter lured enemy by using wind skill
    never heal in elite as mage- by doing it u pull agrro from tank and its annoying for tank.
    use support pet like ribbit, ethyl, orion when required
    this list is very long - I can goon like this....but u got my point

Why do u really care abt nox box? It has stacking DoT dmg - just spam nox in thick crowd, even if same enemy hit by nox it doesnt matter. As rogue I should focus on deadly mob first so using nox box I cant do that.

I prefer razor over shadow veil. Razor gives me straight aoe dps+ survival.
    In pro party veil is very effective - not with new players.
    I dont agree with place veil away from mobs. IMO place veil into the lured mobs and everyone stand into it so tank also get benefit, smurfs just stand little bit behind the tank so they wont get melee hits by mobs. For most boss fight veil is kind of useless bcoz of movement.

For new players : When you get little bit familiar with maps no need to afraid from anything- dont be scared to touch those mobs. With good ping my legendary gear rouge can tank ferix in blue puddle when I use dagger+mali+razor+peirce spec. I always encourage people to try harder stuff(do crazy pulls, solo elite etc.) and die so they know their limit and understand better. That also improve skill lvl.

Note: I m legendary gear rogue so all above feedback is according to that. With mythic+arcane playstyle and strategy(it just zerg everything) might change.
    Great points! There were just a few things I disagreed on:

1. I use nox box because there's no aiming system in the game. So, if the mages that you are targeting don't get hit when they need to, then you've just wasted some time. I'll try a run with legendary gear later and see if nox box is still effective. If it isn't, of course your method will be better.

2. Yes, obviously one should place veil on top of the mobs. But, that's accounting for if the tank is good. Majority of the time, it isn't. Even then, you are risking being easily killed by purple pools - something which are hard to notice in a thicket of mobs. Plus, if you get stunned in the purple pool, your DPS considerably drops. Thus, that's why I said that veil should be placed away from grouped mobs. If you can use it effective to kill the mobs faster, then tanking for the tank won't be a problem.

The rest of your points, I will add into the guide when I can! Thanks for constructive feedback, it's highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-29-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Good guide! I will ignore the part about not running into the mobs with a razor shield LOL
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Good guide! I will ignore the part about not running into the mobs with a razor shield LOL
    Haha, my build doesn't include a razor shield. Honestly, I think razor shield is a highly overrated skill. It hits a lot of enemies and shows a lot of yellow so you think you're doing a lot of damage. Sadly, are you really? Especially against high armor'd elite shuyal mobs? Not really.

What I meant by that was, in Shuyal, Razor Shield's purpose is lost. Those mobs hit HARD. The last thing you want to do as a rogue without a tank is to throw up a razor shield and then put yourself in the middle of those mobs.

IMO, my build is more versatile in that regard and in to fully utilize a razor shield build, you need a tank to absorb the amount of aggro that razor shield generates.

It's a good skill, just that in Shuyal, there are better skills to be used. I'm saying this after running on a hooks + shield build. The amount of aggro that I generated required a damn good tank to compensate. In the end, it wasn't worth it as the damage wasn't even greater anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

More than well put together Pollo...ups uso.

Doubters: A properly preformed NoxBox does not interfere with the benefits of Aim Shot.

Pollo: I have found success in utilizing the Trap/Razor combo in Shuyal. Takes some deaths to get use to, but worth it if you're a close range fighter. In addition, I think it's best to drop Veil over the mobs all the time. Many ppl forget that Veil is also a debuff (reduces damage and hit chance).
    Last edited by Zuzeq; 12-30-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Well if noob like me can survive with razor+ribbit - u can too Play on PC for quickest pot spamming
    IGN: Keyrogue, Keymagey, Grrom, Sceuetas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Nice guide esp after that farm yesterday haha

My build atm would be aimed,nox,sp and veil (that's why every time i hope the other rogue in party has traps lol ) it's not a problem i can change but it's like ur at the lottery, u never know what ur gonna get .
    As for charging skils i think it depends on maps/mobs/bosses. I charge veil and nox in big mob pulls and i don't charge nox at boss......so it depends.
    I guess every rogue has it's preffered build and skill......SSSSSsooo.....what ever works for u and ur team
    Have fun and good luck ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I love farming elite shuyal I alternate between AS, Nox, Trap, Veil and AS, Nox, Trap, Razor for my elite shuyal runs. In my experience the second combo makes faster runs, but is a terrible pot sink. I inhaled my fully stocked potions (<10k each) within 3 farming days, as opposed to the usual 4-5 days when I use the first combo. Besides, many tanks and sorcs appreciate it when u run with a veil. I prefer to drop veil on grouped mobs since I move in close range in order to be able to use some dagger auto attacks in between my trap, veil, charge nox, tap aim combo. The only thing I hate about this build is not having the dash option for maps and going thru bosses, but it works for me
    SeksiMARI
    CLIMAX Guildmaster

Play nice, stranger.

GunJack

Nice guild Zeus. Well thought out. I'll vouch for your build, considering I have personal experience as a tank it's fluid. I enjoy tanking with you. +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Charging Nox is a complete waste for one reason: it slows down your crit stacking on aimed shot. And for elites, you should be using shadow piercer, not trap or razor. Trap and razor are for tombs and maybe normal maps.
    Other than that, excellent guide.

Coming from a s2 timed elite leaderboarder.

Jack (41) - Dictate (26) - Adapted (26) - Decisive (16) - Priority (15)
    All posts are intended to inform or critique, not to flame.