Thread: Multitouch issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Multitouch issues.

Greetings.

When I play 'Pocket Legends' on my 'HTC Desire' the multitouch seems not to work most of the times, I know that this could be because of the limited multitouch 'HTC Desire' is blessed with but when I play 'Meteor Blitz' which uses two controlsticks, one on the downleft and one on the downright, it never fails on me. There are several games on the market where 'Desires' limited multitouch never fails but on 'Pocket Legends' I'm afraid to say it doesn't work at all.

Why is that, are the control system so much more complex that Desire won't ever have multitouch on this game or did the coders not fully understand how they can workaround this issue?

Not that I care that much though, when 'Nexus S' comes I'll be first in line.
    Last edited by ZeDDiE; 11-21-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Subscribed
    ZeDDiE | Panda Warrior | 20 - 30
    Naftie | Enchantress | 10 - 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Edit: It works on a diagonal and vertical position, but it depends on how far your fingers are removed from each other. The further the distance of your fingers are removed from each other, the higher chance you have that your multi touch will be successful.
    Last edited by gregory; 11-21-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    pocket legends only has 1 virtual joy-stick and thats the 1 on the down-left. i'm having the same problem as you right now, but it can't be fixed on the htc desire. my knowledge in this is very low, but i'll try to explain it. the multi-touch(dual-touch) only works when you place 2 of your fingers on the same line of your screen, so if you try to place both of your fingers each facing each other horizontally on a certain distance it will track both of your fingers, but if you try placing both of your fingers facing each other on a vertically or diagonally way it won't and it will guess your fingers position which is guessed wrong every time.
    Yeah I know all this. What I meant is that some developers have worked around this issue. Take 'Meteor Blitz for the Droid' it has a two separate joysticks on the the same level (bottom) and it works as a charm on both the 'Moto Droid' and the 'HTC Desire', they have made a seperate version called 'Meteor Blitz for Nexus One' this version should be the one for us with 'HTC Desire' aswell but as I said, the one for for 'Moto droid' works for 'HTC Desire' to.

The diierence between the two 'Meteor Blitz' version is that the one for 'Moto Droid' (and the iPhone) has both of the sticks on the lower end of the screen and on the 'Nexus One' version the developers placed one stick on the lower left and one stick one the high right, that they did to work around the MT issue but as I said both version works without a single issue on my 'Desire'.

This means that it can be done, maybe not as the UI looks like today but it could be done, atleast when using two sticks, pushing buttons is a hole other story hence the reason for this thread.
    ZeDDiE | Panda Warrior | 20 - 30
    Naftie | Enchantress | 10 - 20