Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Guide]: Farming Elite Shuyal - A Sorcerer's Perspective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I agree, I find the content of the guide somewhat lacking, and I could not ever recommend doing elites with this type of build, although I no longer do that much elite farming. There were some interesting original ideas such as using gale and shield to cross the large pools of purple stuff when fighting ferrix. Bottom line, although the guide is pretty much not good and not recommended, I think you guys are giving him way too much or a hard time. To me it seems as though he respected Apollo/Zeus guide and was trying to emulate it creating a companion guide for sorcerers. After all he did thank Zeus' original guide in Zeus' thread and reference him both in the begining and end of this guide. Unless this is a total troll just trying to mock Zeus' guide, I don't think it should be that upsetting, but rather flattering that someone wanted to emulate his guide. Perhaps it was gone about in the wrong way, and maybe he should have talked to Zeus first, although to me it seems like the right intentions were there. Furthermore, this is not plagiarism. This is a forum. As soon as you post something on this forum you lose all ownership of what you post which can be used by STS and other forumers as they seem fit. Sure, doing things like this wont win you points with other forumers, but just take a look at the TOS:

"By using the Forums and submitting User Content to the Spacetime Applications, you grant to Spacetime, and its successors in business and assigns, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, modify, edit, display, adapt, create derivative works from and market and promote the User Content, for any commercial purposes, and in any medium now existing or hereinafter developed, and to use your name, likeness, voice, performance, and any personal information you submit with or contained within the User Content, without your prior approval or the payment of any compensation and without notice. You also grant each user of the Spacetime Applications a non-exclusive license to access your User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Spacetime Applications and under these Terms. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in the User Content you submit."

Wow, when reading the TOS it is actually somewhat scary what you give them rights to do into terms of content you post and your personal information!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I think Grimmy is right on spot.

(o: scary indeed)

And everyone did either way fall for trolls game or is bullying a kid/or someone with good intentions. thats my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I agree, I find the content of the guide somewhat lacking, and I could not ever recommend doing elites with this type of build, although I no longer do that much elite farming. There were some interesting original ideas such as using gale and shield to cross the large pools of purple stuff when fighting ferrix. Bottom line, although the guide is pretty much not good and not recommended, I think you guys are giving him way too much or a hard time. To me it seems as though he respected Apollo/Zeus guide and was trying to emulate it creating a companion guide for sorcerers. After all he did thank Zeus' original guide in Zeus' thread and reference him both in the begining and end of this guide. Unless this is a total troll just trying to mock Zeus' guide, I don't think it should be that upsetting, but rather flattering that someone wanted to emulate his guide. Perhaps it was gone about in the wrong way, and maybe he should have talked to Zeus first, although to me it seems like the right intentions were there. Furthermore, this is not plagiarism. This is a forum. As soon as you post something on this forum you lose all ownership of what you post which can be used by STS and other forumers as they seem fit. Sure, doing things like this wont win you points with other forumers, but just take a look at the TOS:

"By using the Forums and submitting User Content to the Spacetime Applications, you grant to Spacetime, and its successors in business and assigns, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, modify, edit, display, adapt, create derivative works from and market and promote the User Content, for any commercial purposes, and in any medium now existing or hereinafter developed, and to use your name, likeness, voice, performance, and any personal information you submit with or contained within the User Content, without your prior approval or the payment of any compensation and without notice. You also grant each user of the Spacetime Applications a non-exclusive license to access your User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Spacetime Applications and under these Terms. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in the User Content you submit."

Wow, when reading the TOS it is actually somewhat scary what you give them rights to do into terms of content you post and your personal information!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Sorc,

I'm not mad at you or anything, first off. Annoyed? Sure, I worked on that format to make it easy to read and understandable.

References: These are pieces of data created by someone else. You notice Jon & Emma's loot table in the guide? That was a reference. If you notice Zuzeq's nox box explanation, that's a reference as well.

Plagiarism: Taking a person's entire format & saying thanks for the help is equivalent to taking a book like Green Eggs & Ham and rewriting by just replacing the title with Brown Eggs & Turkey, as well as replacing the entire storyline with words like "brown eggs", "bob, I am" & "turkey".

That isn't allowed. ^^

However, this is a public forums so I don't think you have done anything illegal (could be wrong). It's just that it's downright disrespectful.
    Exactly why I said this, hehe! ^^

Sure, it sucks, but at the same time, it means that someone thought my work to be credible enough to use. That's a pretty awesome compliment.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Woooo - nice job on reaching 3rd page of this thread. Instead of flaming we could have helped that guide to improve. Noone of the guide here is copyrighted so feel free to use it in anyway like Linux.
    Last edited by bhutkeyur; 01-02-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    IGN: Keyrogue, Keymagey, Grrom, Sceuetas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    Woooo - nice job on reaching 3rd page of this thread. Instead of flaming we could have helped that guide to improve. Noone of the guide here is copyrighted so feel free to use it in anyway like Linux.
    Oh if you only knew how screwed you could get by doing that.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Oh if you only knew how screwed you could get by doing that.
    Yeah sure please tell me...how worst it can get?
    IGN: Keyrogue, Keymagey, Grrom, Sceuetas