Thread: <Equestrian Unit>

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default <Equestrian Unit>

"We will forsake humanity's sins. We will leave all hatred behind us, and become one with this kingdom. Regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexuality - we assemble together; fighting not for money, not for reputation, but for the innocent souls vulnerable to the Hate. We will be the recourse for those who love and tolerate yet have no other recourse; we are the Equestrian Unit, our purpose defined by the idyllic utopia. We will sometimes have to sacrifice our fame, and popularity. If the haters demand it, we will be revolutionaries, infidels, lunatics... and yes, they will might as well send us straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It is our haven - our last haven, our heaven and our hell. This... is Equestria."

Basic guild information for people who are probably too lazy to read the blob of stuff after this

- Name: <Equestrian Unit>
    - Level requirement: N/A. Status of brony/pegasister optional, but highly recommended.
    - Founder/Master: Fluttershai

Contents
    I. About the Guild
    II. Rules and Policies
    III. Related Links

I. About the Guild

Hope you guys enjoyed the earlier quote, which may had been a bit too serious. Despite the motif's apparent seriousness, our aim is to provide a fairly relaxing and soothing gaming environment for the fellow players. In other words, we would be avoiding heavy competition with the elite guilds like <Rampage> or <Vengeance>. We want to avoid the often unnecessary drama, to create the haven we desired yet unable to achieve in the real world. However, we will be serious if it starts to get personal; after all, friends stand up for each other. However, It's only for deterrence - we intend to stop the bullying, not to become bullies ourselves. Unlike those doing the bullying, we do not find pleasure in the suffering of others.

As you can see, the guild master is Fluttershai - not me. It's because she initiated the idea; I just merely improved it (well, maybe not merely ). She is my friend in real life, so decisions can be made a bit faster than usual. Of course, I'm the officer XD.

While we are well aware that a brony/pegasister guild already exists (Sparkling Pwnies, or SP for short), they do not seem to be nearly as active as before (missed them...), I talked with some of the members of the SP guild; they seemed pretty cool with the idea to start up another brony guild. This does not, however, mean that our guild is a revival of the SP. Though it is a distinct possibility that some ex-SP might join our guild, we are not the same guild. While this is not a revival, some of the spirit/ideals the SP had are present in this guild.

In short, <Equestrian Unit> will be your typical "relaxed/casual gaming" guild, somewhere you can simply enjoy the game at your own pace.

II. Rules and Policies

Despite that <Equestrian Unit> is a relaxed, friendly guild, it does still has some rules and policies - just like the game itself, and many other guilds in game. Most are pretty straight forward, so please abide by them.

1. Joining
    There is currently no specific requirement for joining, though a status of being a brony/pegasister is highly recommended. It is ok if you are not one (we might eventually turn you into one anyways ). You can even join if you don't exactly like mlp all that much, but expect a moderate amount of pony-related (including all generations) chats, and please keep the Hate to yourself.

2. Promote /Demote
    Every recruit starts as a member, so don't expect yourself to be an officer in like 4 seconds. We will decide whether or not to promote you based on a combination of many factors.

- Your time of stay
    - How much did you contribute to or help out with other players, which includes EVERYONE in game, regardless of whether the subjects are in the guild or not.
    - Overall behavior (like being polite, not spamming/insulting, etc)

Recruiters specifics
    - DO NOT spam random players with guild invites. I know this will cripple our member count, but it's better to ask politely for players to voluntarily join than to spam them with invites, adds frustrations...

Officers specifics
    - Officers will be decided VERY cautiously. We heard too many sad stories about good guilds getting ruined by kickers...
    - Same policy as recruiters, DO NOT spam random players with guild invites.
    - Please don't kick random members for trivial reasons or for fun...

3. To get along
    - Be polite and mature. Our most important of all rule is RESPECT. Take the WWPD (What Would a Pony Do) effect into account.
    - This guild is a NO BULLY zone.
    - No scamming; earn your things properly, and there will be no guilt of such bothering you.
    - Don't spam unless declaring a spam war, even then keep it appropriate. (like when someone yells "stop!", you STOP)
    - Help out other players if you can, even if they're not part of the guild. We are trying to show new (and old) players that there are nice players out there, and that not everyone is a jerk.
    - You may ask for things and request for help, but no begging. We enjoy helping players out but we have our own business to take care of too.
    - Avoid unnecessary drama. We understand that some drama are inevitable, but keep it to a minimum, and don't get personal. The key for winning a quarrel is staying on topic and being calm and logical.
    - Don't rush in pvp, sparks unnecessary conflicts...
    - When hosting "guild only" runs, use a PASSWORD. Getting booted from a room feels terrible no matter for what reason.
    - Don't spam random players with guild/friend requests. Friendship is Magic, but spamming is not.

4. Official T&C's
    Star Legends has its own rules as well. Abide by them, no questions asked.

5. Leaving
    Unlike some guilds that get pissed off whenever someone leaves, and later try to make those who left miserable somehow, we are ok with it. But don't just simply leave lol, give us a goodbye before departing.

- Inform the guild that you are leaving.
    - Provide some information for reasons for departure (like starting your own guild, joining another friend's guild, etc)
    - Keep in touch, and continue to help out. Though you are no longer a member of <Equestrian Unit>, it won't stop you from helping others, hanging out, and having fun.

6. Rejoining
    If you left and later come to regret your decision, we will always be there for you.

7. Kicking
    At last, this... we don't usually kick players out of guild, but when we do, there's always an adequate reason/explanation. Keep this in mind, we NEVER kick out players for fun or for some trivial reasons. As we said before, we don't seek pleasure in the suffering of others.

If you got kicked (or appeared to be kicked), it's probably b/c of
    - You repeatedly violated our policies or Star Legend's T&C's. Bronies/pegasisters love and tolerate, but there's a limit for everything.
    - You got kicked by a kicker. This would RARELY happen as officers are chosen with EXTREME CAUTION. If you are kicked b/c of this, keep in mind: If you are innocent, we will come back for you. The recovery procedure is simple: send a friend request to the guild master, or/and officer/recruiter, or let a recruiter/officer or the guild master herself know of the situation if you bumped into him/her or you know that he/she is online.
    - You ACCIDENTALLY clicked leave guild. We are human beings, and humans make careless mistakes like these. Same recovery procedure as the one if you got kicked by a kicker.
    - An officer or the guild master herself ACCIDENTALLY kicked you. As I said humans make careless mistakes at times. Same recovery procedure as the one if you got kicked by a kicker.

III. Related Links

Some links that you may find helpful, or somewhat related to us.

Guide for guilds for new players/members: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ds-(With-Tips)

<Sparkling Pwnies>, to know more about them: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-Awesomeness!

Well that pretty much sums up <Equestrian Unit>. Join if you're interested in joining us, or in ponies.
    You can message Fluttershai or me in game or reply to this post, or you can private message me on forums if you like. Don't simply send a friend request b/c it's hard to distinguish your request with that of friend request spammers.

"We've been shedding blood, sweat, and tears - all to fight off the haters. Crawling our ways through bloody battlefield dirt, all for ponies.
    Last edited by Solid Scorpion; 02-27-2014 at 11:37 PM.
    Uphold the magic of friendship, with a heart of gold and nerves of steel. This is my creed.