Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: This Weekend: DOUBLE ODDS for Egg Drops in Locked Grand Crates of the Watch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I accidentally bought 250 winter tokens on my 2nd character tsk tsk it cost 30 plats.... waaaaaaaaaah!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    Arcane and mythics drop for any level, so yes you have a chance.

@double odds on eggs.

I think the cap is near since they arent including mythic weapons.
    For a thought, if devs include mythic weapons and after few weeks or a month theyll raise the cap.
    Many people would go rage quit. Well, this is just my assumption xD sts devs might have a better reason.
    We are very far from an event..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

awesome

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I generally love most of the things that STS does for us as AL players, and I hate to come off as "that guy" but am I the only one that sees this as STS trying to squeeze out every last dime from us at the last second? I'm not gonna lie, I'm more than a little upset about this. After hoarding crates for 2 months following helloween I finally opened up several hundred crates at the beginning of this event hoping to get the new arcane pet. As did many many other players who had been hoarding. STS is very well aware of this. Now that the amount of crates being opened has leveled off they throw this event into the fold to try to boost sales again quickly before the event ends. There's a very large amount of people who are left unable to buy plat and are now sitting without any locked crates that STS is hoping will start spending more in a desperate attempt to gamble on the locked crate lottery. It would be ridiculous for STS to deny it so in typical fashion they will choose to ignore any statements made that are similar to this one. I'm not going to go off about how I'll never play again, like most players seem to enjoy doing when they're upset, but I will carefully consider whether or not I will ever spend a dime on this game. I'm well aware that several players will berate me for this post and that's fine, but to believe that this is in any way a gift from STS to its players instead of a last minute money grab is extremely naive. I know STS has to make money, but at least do it in a way that isn't trying to drain every penny from your customers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sokpuppet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sokpuppet View Post
    I generally love most of the things that STS does for us as AL players, and I hate to come off as "that guy" but am I the only one that sees this as STS trying to squeeze out every last dime from us at the last second? I'm not gonna lie, I'm more than a little upset about this. After hoarding crates for 2 months following helloween I finally opened up several hundred crates at the beginning of this event hoping to get the new arcane pet. As did many many other players who had been hoarding. STS is very well aware of this. Now that the amount of crates being opened has leveled off they throw this event into the fold to try to boost sales again quickly before the event ends. There's a very large amount of people who are left unable to buy plat and are now sitting without any locked crates that STS is hoping will start spending more in a desperate attempt to gamble on the locked crate lottery. It would be ridiculous for STS to deny it so in typical fashion they will choose to ignore any statements made that are similar to this one. I'm not going to go off about how I'll never play again, like most players seem to enjoy doing when they're upset, but I will carefully consider whether or not I will ever spend a dime on this game. I'm well aware that several players will berate me for this post and that's fine, but to believe that this is in any way a gift from STS to its players instead of a last minute money grab is extremely naive. I know STS has to make money, but at least do it in a way that isn't trying to drain every penny from your customers.
    They're doing this because they had a very large and lengthy platinum sale. So, they're going to need an equally large platinum sink to drain that excess plat.

For them, customers having a surplus of platinum is never a good thing which is why events like these come around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Typical lol... We pesture STS for a double odds for like 4 months and what do they do. give us Eggs. instead of what people really want. How about bringing back the razors/glaive/mythic staff.. Because right now merchers are making it impossible for people who dont spend $100 a week hoping for a arcane egg on this game a chance at having mythic daggers. ._.

At least you guys are listening I guess. Cheers for that STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Fudge, better sell my slag egg quick :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

No double odds for mythic and arcane weaps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

hory F!!! this is what i've been waiting for!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I hate to come off as "that guy" but am I the only one that sees this as STS trying to squeeze out every last dime from us at the last second? I'm not gonna lie, I'm more than a little upset about this. After hoarding crates for 2 months following helloween I finally opened up several hundred crates at the beginning of this event hoping to get the new arcane pet. As did many many other players who had been hoarding. STS is very well aware of this. Now that the amount of crates being opened has leveled off they throw this event into the fold to try to boost sales again quickly before the event ends. There's a very large amount of people who are left unable to buy plat and are now sitting without any locked crates that STS is hoping will start spending more in a desperate attempt to gamble on the locked crate lottery. I'm not going to go off about how I'll never play again, like most players seem to enjoy doing when they're upset, but I will carefully consider whether or not I will ever spend a dime on this game. I'm well aware that several players will berate me for this post and that's fine, but to believe that this is in any way a gift from STS to its players instead of a last minute money grab is extremely naive. I know STS has to make money, but at least do it in a way that isn't trying to drain every penny from your customers.
    Infact personally after the arlors vanities "magic" i see StS as just another game mob a difficult boss to beat, like for example bael you have to know when to attack, where to attack where and when to retreat. So spend your your plats wise and Plan everything don't be in haste, consider all posibilities when you mistake don't regret cause you tried your best.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Nice

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Wow sts you keep reminding me i should stop playing this game and try to understand the market when you keep messing it up time after time

Making it so stressful i have to quick buy asap sell no time to relax after i buy an expensive item cause it cud be worth 5 times less the very next day

Thnx for reminding me how pointless market observing is in this game yay -.- you guys are a money squeezing group

15. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Wow sts you keep reminding me i should stop playing this game and try to understand the market when you keep messing it up time after time

Making it so stressful i have to quick buy asap sell no time to relax after i buy an expensive item cause it cud be worth 5 times less the very next day

Thnx for reminding me how pointless market observing is in this game yay -.- you guys are a money squeezing group
    At one point during this event, there was 8-10 arcane eggs in cs for sale. Who want these pets, already bought them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limitational View Post
    Typical lol... We pesture STS for a double odds for like 4 months and what do they do. give us Eggs. instead of what people really want. How about bringing back the razors/glaive/mythic staff.. Because right now merchers are making it impossible for people who dont spend $100 a week hoping for a arcane egg on this game a chance at having mythic daggers. ._.

At least you guys are listening I guess. Cheers for that STS
    Right now if you go to pvp you can see most players have mythic weapons..there was a 2 week mythic weapon event, why you didn't buy them at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    Right now if you go to pvp you can see most players have mythic weapons..there was a 2 week mythic weapon event, why you didn't buy them at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe he cant afford that time. I have several friends, who looted eggs this event and wanna buy mythic weapons, but not at near arcane price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limitational View Post
    Typical lol... We pesture STS for a double odds for like 4 months and what do they do. give us Eggs. instead of what people really want.
    Since mythics double odds is what everybody wants, it is going to be the last thing we get, after all other kinds of sales are finished. Pretty obvious ;-)

Now that the amount of crates being opened has leveled off they throw this event into the fold to try to boost sales again quickly before the event ends.
    I know STS has to make money, but at least do it in a way that isn't trying to drain every penny from your customers.
    Honestly, to see someone complain about getting double odds is just silly.

Obviously the point of plat sales and double odds is to adjust STS's income, just like the adjustments of drop rates of various things adjust the economy (that is obviously happening, although not officially admitted AFAIK).
    If nobody is spending (enough), STS will start an event... calling that "draining every penny" is a stretch.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    Since mythics double odds is what everybody wants, it is going to be the last thing we get, after all other kinds of sales are finished. Pretty obvious ;-)

Honestly, to see someone complain about getting double odds is just silly.

Obviously the point of plat sales and double odds is to adjust STS's income, just like the adjustments of drop rates of various things adjust the economy (that is obviously happening, although not officially admitted AFAIK).
    If nobody is spending (enough), STS will start an event... calling that "draining every penny" is a stretch.
    Winter content was already an event in itself. Players purchased LOTS of plat and opened a ton of crates. Double odds is not the thing I'm complaining about. The thing I'm complaining about is the timing of the event. They have an event so everyone will spend as much as they can afford to spend trying to get the new arcane pet, then after that begins to fizzle, they have another event to try to make sure people burn up the last of their plat reserves from the sale so they'll have to stock up on more. And by the way, because many people already spent the money they could afford at the beginning of this event, they won't be opening any crates now. They aren't receiving double odds on anything...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I asked for Slag and Ripmaw in the stable and I get double odds on eggs in locked. smh

I guess I'll keep waiting zzzZZZZ...
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks but opened all my locked days ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

can`t wait hehehehe come on update sts