Thread: 6 skills vs 5 skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default 6 skills vs 5 skills

I changed to Cero skill build recently (it has 5 skills), it's pretty good for both mythic and non-mythic. To use this build effectively against smurfs and rogues (in 1v1), I need to change between Jug and VB in battle (usually while I am shielded by Horn). I also saw tanks with 6 skill build (it means they have an additional attack skill). They need a bit more time to change between skills (i didn't try, but according to simple logic rules, they change between Horn, Jug and VB), but it looks rather attractive to use. I wonder, what build is better? Thanks for feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

It depends on what you want to do. I use 6 skills, because I go to normal maps, tanking elite shyual, shyual dimension arena fight, farm easy elites.
    i.e. I use
    CS,WM,JUGG,HoR for tanking elites
    SS,WM,VB,HoR for normal maps and easy elites
    CS,SS,WM,VB for shyual arena
    and few variations according to situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    It depends on what you want to do. I use 6 skills, because I go to normal maps, tanking elite shyual, shyual dimension arena fight, farm easy elites.
    i.e. I use
    CS,WM,JUGG,HoR for tanking elites
    SS,WM,VB,HoR for normal maps and easy elites
    CS,SS,WM,VB for shyual arena
    and few variations according to situation
    Thx for PvE explanation, but are there any PvP suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

6 skills is hard. Simply because of you have a limmited number of skill points. For most skills you want to use the following amount of points per skill in PvP.

SS= 3
    WM= 3-5
    CS= 2-3
    Axe= 5

Jugg= 3-4
    VB= 5
    HoR= 4

For passive I try to get 15 points exactly. Therefore, I only have 20 skill points for skills. HoR, vb, and jugg are a must, so depending on your spec you only have 7-8 points for attack skills.

It really limmits where you put skill points. Especially for me who wants axe. I ran out of points quickly. However, I will be using 6 skills for my PvP and PvE builds next cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

how many skills you are using doesn't matter , choose the build which suit your attacking style .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Like what crow said I won't go for 6 skills.. Maybe possible next season but I would more likely stick to 4-5, you're way too limited , 5 skills already limit you with your passives.. Depending on what you're using ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    Like what crow said I won't go for 6 skills.. Maybe possible next season but I would more likely stick to 4-5, you're way too limited , 5 skills already limit you with your passives.. Depending on what you're using ..
    Agree, 6 skills nerf passives, so I desided to make 6-th skill after the Dragon Enclaive update. Besides, 5 skills is enough to take out a mage or non-hardcore player rogue. And you can't change skills during team fights, cuz you need to keep eyes open and catch another aimed shot or lightning before it reaches mage...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Agree, 6 skills nerf passives, so I desided to make 6-th skill after the Dragon Enclaive update. Besides, 5 skills is enough to take out a mage or non-hardcore player rogue. And you can't change skills during team fights, cuz you need to keep eyes open and catch another aimed shot or lightning before it reaches mage...
    well you can if youre fast enough to change, i know some people do it, changing vb/jugg quick or which ever attack skill theyre switchin , usualy do it when ur JUgg is activated or
    HOR 2 second shield, gotta be quick

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

well you can if youre fast enough to change, i know some people do it, changing vb/jugg quick or which ever attack skill theyre switchin , usualy do it when ur JUgg is activated or
    HOR 2 second shield, gotta be quick
    Practice in a town. A rogue said "**** usually only 5 skill tanks kill me." I had switched skills so fast they hadn't even noticed. It's muscle memory, like playing an instrument or riding a bike.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

STS should add skill slot, not just 4 + Pet arcane skill.. i hope this in new expansion
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Practice in a town. A rogue said "**** usually only 5 skill tanks kill me." I had switched skills so fast they hadn't even noticed. It's muscle memory, like playing an instrument or riding a bike.
    You can't change skills momentally, it takes some time for menu to roll out, the same crap with skill and skill map window. Although, PC users have advantage, using hotkey which opens skill menu. Do you play AL via PC?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

You can't change skills momentally, it takes some time for menu to roll out, the same crap with skill and skill map window. Although, PC users have advantage, using hotkey which opens skill menu. Do you play AL via PC?
    i dont think theres a hot key to open skills menu......... i play on pc..and all the hotkeys i know are .. for inv.. map..chats..
    is there for skills too?

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

i dont think theres a hot key to open skills menu......... i play on pc..and all the hotkeys i know are .. for inv.. map..chats..
    is there for skills too?
    I think there's no hot key to open skills menu... cmiiw
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

is there for skills too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    I think there's no hot key to open skills menu... cmiiw
    Maybe I was misinformed. I heard some guy said about skill hotkey in Chrome client. If there is no skill window hotkey - receive my apologies, cuz I play AL through tablet and use Chrome version very seldom to know a lot about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Nexus 7 gen.2

Menus are instantaneous in my experience. Lag will make you take longer to skill swap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha:1408803
    I changed to Cero skill build recently (it has 5 skills), it's pretty good for both mythic and non-mythic. To use this build effectively against smurfs and rogues (in 1v1), I need to change between Jug and VB in battle (usually while I am shielded by Horn). I also saw tanks with 6 skill build (it means they have an additional attack skill). They need a bit more time to change between skills (i didn't try, but according to simple logic rules, they change between Horn, Jug and VB), but it looks rather attractive to use. I wonder, what build is better? Thanks for feedback.

I dont use 3or more attack skills for my gears can't afford sacrifing points from passive.
    Lately, many 1v1 warriors ask for no heals,pet etc. with more than 2attack skills you can own other warriors 1v1 for you'll do more damage vs 2attack skill users.

On the othwr hand, Using 5-6skills might be possible vs rogues depending on how fast you can change skills.

For sorc, you dont need it or you dont even need to bother do anything... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    I dont use 3or more attack skills for my gears can't afford sacrifing points from passive.
    Lately, many 1v1 warriors ask for no heals,pet etc. with more than 2attack skills you can own other warriors 1v1 for you'll do more damage vs 2attack skill users.

On the othwr hand, Using 5-6skills might be possible vs rogues depending on how fast you can change skills.

For sorc, you dont need it or you dont even need to bother do anything... lol
    If we are all honest, a "perfect" 1v1 spec would be axe, heal, vb, jugg, and either cs or wm. However, without ss you can quickly move through maps. Additionally, this build spreads points very thin and wouldn't be very good in a clash IMO.