Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: <Deviant Misfits> Strong and Proud, We aim to misbehave. T2(1 year old)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The whole thing is a bad and sad situation!! Sorry to see u leave smurfina

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhopper View Post
    The whole thing is a bad and sad situation!! Sorry to see u leave smurfina
    dont wanna see him leave.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    dont wanna see him leave.
    He wont leave the gane...but im sure sts lost many plat users with this shet

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default &lt;Deviant Misfits&gt; Strong and Proud, We aim to misbehave. T2(1 year old)

still haven't got it back? Wow. I'll pm u later smurf...

Btw guys, just take a screenshot of ur character so something like this doesn't happen to us :/
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Sorry about this Slap but...
    Attachment 65578
    Who knew?
    slap said that after I cleaned CTF floors with him
    Credits to Iady

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

What's with the dev spam on our thread!!!!

Such insolence!!!!

Sometimes GM of Deviant Misfits. We aim to misbehave!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Blak!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Congrats to all my friends in DM for staying in the top. Best wishes from all of C.U.
    Avy
    12-2012

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    slap said that after I cleaned CTF floors with him

I try this internet language here. Okay, I lol'd.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=97967&dateline=137622  0853

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sourced
    Xda
    Kresimirn
    Name:  rooks 2.PNG
Views: 309
Size:  1.91 MB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    still haven't got it back? Wow. I'll pm u later smurf...

Btw guys, just take a screenshot of ur character so something like this doesn't happen to us :/
    Bless, screenshots didn`t help.
    What disturbs me most that STS basically made a very dangerous precedent : Cheat and steal, the rightful owner gets nothing back and you can enjoy the stolen items without any consequences. (as there`s still a guy running around with my daggs). Not to mention that I doubt I was the only or the last one that ends up this way. And knowing my password was complex enough and I have never shared it, I doubt anyone out there is safe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfo View Post
    Bless, screenshots didn`t help.
    What disturbs me most that STS basically made a very dangerous precedent : Cheat and steal, the rightful owner gets nothing back and you can enjoy the stolen items without any consequences. (as there`s still a guy running around with my daggs). Not to mention that I doubt I was the only or the last one that ends up this way. And knowing my password was complex enough and I have never shared it, I doubt anyone out there is safe.
    You showed me your daggers in a trade in the guild hall when I was in dm. Unfortunate it happened to you.
    You also always had them on...

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #273
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    ... daggers which were unrightfully taken from him.
    We don't know that.

Smurf's account traded those daggers away, we do know that.

What set of circumstances that led up to that trade happening, we don't know.

The bottom line is that we won't give those daggers back. Sorry. We are very concerned about policies that could lead to the duplication of such items and in turn lead to an erosion of the game economy. That's why we don't give such items back under such circumstances.

Your best defense against such issues: ensure your account credentials are known by you and you alone.

Sorry, but again, there was no data intrusion on our end. Whatever security breech there may have been is your responsibility. Again, we don't know what happened, but we do know that your account used the gift command to give those daggers away.

Unfortunately, such issues are not uncommon. They are usually a result of sharing accounts. I don't know what specifically happened in Smurf's case, but again, your best defense against such issues: ensure your account credentials are known by you and you alone and that only you and you alone have access to your device.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 03-06-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #274
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Sorry guys, I'll take this out of your guild thread now.

Smurf, if you have any further questions (or anyone else for that matter) please feel free to send me a private message.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

But then... the first two cases had said that Smurf didn't have those items in the first place.. you know the gift command was used. So you can still track where it went!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #276
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    But then... the first two cases had said that Smurf didn't have those items in the first place.. you know the gift command was used. So you can still track where it went!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, we were able to figure out why we initially didn't have access to the records of what happened to Smurf's items. The gift command was used to give them to another character.

Out of respect for the rest of <Deviant Misfits>, I would prefer to move the discussion of this issue to either private message (just click my name and PM me) or to this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...er-give-it-out

Thanks!
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Sorry. We are very concerned about policies that could lead to the duplication of such items and in turn lead to an erosion of the game economy. That's why we don't give such items back under such circumstances.
    Sorry Sam, DM,
    this would be my last post in guild thread about this, but based on the info you guys shared with us each item has an item ID.

Scenario:
    Account A gives item ID1 to account B. Then STS takes item ID1 from B and returns it to account A. It is still the same item ID1.
    In this scenario I fail to understand how you would "duplicate" anything and what gain would one have for trading to some another account of his, just to have it transferred back to original account by support.

And I am sorry, but I would truly like to see some process improvement in investigation of such cases. Areal policy/resolution rather than individual is solid, but not too customer oriented. It is unfair to real victims, although I understand you deal with a lot of people that might try to gain advantage the unfair way.

Regards.

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #278
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Sorry Sam, DM,
    this would be my last post in guild thread about this, but based on the info you guys shared with us each item has an item ID.

Scenario:
    Account A gives item ID1 to account B. Then STS takes item ID1 from B and returns it to account A. It is still the same item ID1.
    In this scenario I fail to understand how you would "duplicate" anything and what gain would one have for trading to some another account of his, just to have it transferred back to original account by support.

And I am sorry, but I would truly like to see some process improvement in investigation of such cases. Areal policy/resolution rather than individual is solid, but not too customer oriented. It is unfair to real victims, although I understand you deal with a lot of people that might try to gain advantage the unfair way.

Regards.
    Sorry, I guess we'll keep going here just for everyone's curiosity.

A bit of background. I originally got into the gaming industry as a GM providing Customer Support for Sony's EverQuest back in 2000. I've been working with online gaming communities (pretty much always MMORPGS) since then. I have seen my share of account and item issues (to say the least).

We have gone down the route of reversing a trade in the past. Let me give you an example (changed from the real happening, but you'll get the idea).

So say we remove the items in question from player B and return them to player A. Player B then comes back with screenshots from Kik messenger showing they had a deal to trade the items for real money. Player B also includes a paypal reciept and is now claiming that the original guy is doing this to steal money from people. Now who's the bad guy? Who do you believe? Are the screenshots fake? We don't know who those handles are in the Kik chat or who those people are from the Paypal receipt. Then we're just banning both accounts because we have reason to believe that they are involved in real money trade, which is in violation of the Terms of Service.

Things can get very messy very quickly. All we really know is that this account traded their items away. We do not arbitrate trade disputes as per The Spacetime Reimbursement Policy: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...-return-policy

Plus, all of this is a huge time expenditure for a case. All of our customer contacts are very important to us. We have a constant queue of customers who need help with all sorts of things like transactions that didn't go through or their password reset, or their Free Platinum Offers not working or lots of other things. It isn't sustainable for us to take hours of investigation and correspondence with one case, as much as we would like too.

I don't really know what happened with Smurfo. I wish I did. As I have stated to you Smurfo several times in private messages, I'm sorry and I can only ask for your understanding.

I hope that helps.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Well you cant really blame stg or smurf in this case...stg has their policies and their reasons for them, so we shouldnt be angry with them.

Hey sam, wanna give us the name of the guy with daggs? Maybe the 90% of the forum communtiy who wishes smurf had his daggs back could have a talk with them?

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    Well you cant really blame stg or smurf in this case...stg has their policies and their reasons for them, so we shouldnt be angry with them.

Hey sam, wanna give us the name of the guy with daggs? Maybe the 90% of the forum communtiy who wishes smurf had his daggs back could have a talk with them?

Ask smurf how much money he spent on game and then think about it...

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?