Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overpriced Mythic Weapons (Level 36)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Overpriced Mythic Weapons (Level 36)

Hi,

I just want to share something about level 36 Mythic Weapons being so overpriced in game especially the Mythic Daggers for rogues. It seems that at the time that STS released this Mythic Weapons few had the chance to get some unlike the Level 31 Mythic Weapons (Mythic Gun, Mythic Bow and Mythic Sword). I think this is the reason why Level 36 Mythic Weapons really cost that much. Imagine 30m-33m for a Perfect Gemed Mythic Daggers when there is an Arcane Weapon for Warrior that you can buy for 34-37m. So what's my point in sharing this? I just wish that STS will give their players a chance again to get the Level 36 Mythic Weapons from Locked Grand Crates and Elite Golden Puzzlebox so that those who really doesn't have that much gold will have the chance of owning a Level 36 Mythic Weapon. That's all! Cheers and Have Fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

If you aren't willing to pay for the myth weapons, then wait for the next event like everyone else to loot them yourself or buy them when they drop in auction price.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, I have to admit that I declined to buy a mythic staff a couple of months back when they were around 10m because I had been burned the previous season on the mythic gun. I paid 8m for my mythic gun, and then saw it drop to as low as 1.5m after repeated double odds mythic weapons weekends. Then more recently it rebounded in price back to around 3-4m. So I figured for sure we would see the mythic staffs released multiple times, and perhaps even in a double odds weekend. However, we have only seen one weekend (two if you count the halloween versions), and neither was a double odds weekend, so the prices have stayed high and even gotten higher.

I guess that's what makes AL have an interesting economy... You never know what they are going to do with drop rates and such -- they always keep you guessing. I don't mind that at all actually. Sometimes you get lucky, and other times you don't.

Mythic weapons should be rare. I always prefer they keep drop rates low on such items anyway, even if it means I cannot afford one. At least I have something to work towards then, instead of being bored and having all of the best gear in the game with nothing left to work towards.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I understand your frustration. I poked fun at a guild member for buying the daggers back when they were 14m. A couple weeks ago I paid about 20m (one grand gem). Now I wouldn't even consider selling below 28m. (all grand gem)

I have the same problem with Sammy. Just be patient and if you have a few million you can merch your way up fairly quickly if you do it correctly. There are some good guides for this here on the forums.

Best of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    I understand your frustration. I poked fun at a guild member for buying the daggers back when they were 14m. A couple weeks ago I paid about 20m (one grand gem). Now I wouldn't even consider selling below 28m. (all grand gem)

I have the same problem with Sammy. Just be patient and if you have a few million you can merch your way up fairly quickly if you do it correctly. There are some good guides for this here on the forums.

Best of luck.
    This.

While I agree that there should be another mythic weapon weekend, that doesn't mean that the current supply is overpriced. The mythic daggers are the best item in game for a rogue. There is not even an arcane item close to being equivalent, so it having arcane prices is more than understandable.

The other items like glaive and orbital are priced rather accurately in comparison to their arcane counterparts.

Remember, if it was overpriced, people wouldn't be willing to pay it. The fact is that pretty much everyone who has these daggers do not want to let go of them, so as a result, there's a rapidly increasing price to persuade people to let go of their set of daggers.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

They need to have another mythic weekend. These weapons are over priced. I hope they introduce another double mythic weekend soon because it will help correct the price on these weapons. Instead of doing double chance on arcane & mythic eggs, they should have done a double chance on mythic weapons. At current prices these weapons are equivalent to buying an arcane egg. Sorry but that is over priced. Arcane eggs which are the best pets in the game aren't as expensive as some of these mythics. And with a pet they won't get obsoleted in the next expansion. So don't believe the hype, these weapons are over priced.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I feel it's the gems thats causing most of the stir. It's really hard to find any clean mythic items and people feel the right (some rightfully in the case of Grand gems) to inflate the prices.

Seriously people 3 regular gems don't merit an increase of 50% in price or even 25%
    Grands is another story, but still, a fresh influx of virgin items would help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post
    Seriously people 3 regular gems don't merit an increase of 50% in price or even 25%
    Grands is another story, but still, a fresh influx of virgin items would help.
    A regular gem costs 2-5k. Even if it takes 100 tries, that means a cost of 200-500k for a grand gem. Maybe you can get away with doubling that figure, figuring some profit for time spent, although I never lost any time trying for super gems as I just started the crafting when I went to sleep for the night each night. So at best a grand gem is worth a million gold, but probably more like a few hundred thousand. And a grand gem on a mythic or arcane weapon is worth no more than a grand gem on a 10k legendary item. It still takes the same time and cost to get one regardless of which item the gem is on. So no percentage price increase is warranted.

3 regular gems on an item is worth 8-10k. That's it. Even on a 20m mythic weapon, 3 regular gems still only adds a 8-10k premium.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A regular gem costs 2-5k. Even if it takes 100 tries, that means a cost of 200-500k for a grand gem. Maybe you can get away with doubling that figure, figuring some profit for time spent, although I never lost any time trying for super gems as I just started the crafting when I went to sleep for the night each night. So at best a grand gem is worth a million gold, but probably more like a few hundred thousand. And a grand gem on a mythic or arcane weapon is worth no more than a grand gem on a 10k legendary item. It still takes the same time and cost to get one regardless of which item the gem is on. So no percentage price increase is warranted.

3 regular gems on an item is worth 8-10k. That's it. Even on a 20m mythic weapon, 3 regular gems still only adds a 8-10k premium.
    Exactly. Grand gems i feel you're paying for time or plat and cost of gems or farm time. So it's a fair value (sometimes), but prices people list for items with regular gems (not just mythic and arcane but many legendaries) are just silly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

And yeah I agree, I for one try to regem when im sleeping so I guess time isn't a fair way to describe it as much as you're paying for their perseverance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

the thing that i don't like is u can only get mythic daggers or arcane pets by being a good merch (which I'm not). Even opening a ton of crates doesn't guarantee anything. I wish the more u played or farmed the more chance u had of getting one. I farm a lot but I'm never going to be able to afford a 30 million gold item by selling elite gold puzzle boxes for 70-100k a pop.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

That's an interesting point you raise, not everybody can be a good merch. I'm not.
    And like energizeric says if you have a good way to make money you can't share it or it simply won't be a good way anymore.

To that I alwayd add that when everybody is merching, who will buy at a price from which you can profit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

As I said before, mythic weapons DO need another weekend.

However, as I have also said, the prices set for them right now are not overpriced. If they were, you would not have multiple people buying fully gemmed daggers for 30m+. The supply is nonexistant and the demand is skyhigh. For any merchants, that is a dream item as with no supply, they are pretty much able to set any price they want.

Also, the platinum cost for super-gemming mythic items is like crates, only the drop rate is higher and the plat per "crate" is more expensive. Personally, I have spent close to 2k platinum super-gemming 3 items. Now, keep in mind that is just 3 items. Looking at the plat to gold cost as a way to price super gems isn't accurate considering that not many with platinum do the plat to gold conversion.

Lastly, I do agree that normal gems should not call for an increase in price. However, demand on these weapons - mainly daggers - have been crazy currently so people are willing to pay for whatever that they can get. Hence why selling normal gemmed daggers for 30m+ is certainly feasible.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yeah, I have to admit that I declined to buy a mythic staff a couple of months back when they were around 10m because I had been burned the previous season on the mythic gun. I paid 8m for my mythic gun, and then saw it drop to as low as 1.5m after repeated double odds mythic weapons weekends. Then more recently it rebounded in price back to around 3-4m. So I figured for sure we would see the mythic staffs released multiple times, and perhaps even in a double odds weekend. However, we have only seen one weekend (two if you count the halloween versions), and neither was a double odds weekend, so the prices have stayed high and even gotten higher.

I guess that's what makes AL have an interesting economy... You never know what they are going to do with drop rates and such -- they always keep you guessing. I don't mind that at all actually. Sometimes you get lucky, and other times you don't.

Mythic weapons should be rare. I always prefer they keep drop rates low on such items anyway, even if it means I cannot afford one. At least I have something to work towards then, instead of being bored and having all of the best gear in the game with nothing left to work towards.
    I agree with energizeric. If these weapons are released again price will drop and they will be too easy to buy. What's the point of playing if everything is easy to get? If you want to play like that STS should make a double odds weekend for arcane staff so it can drop to 20m

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

It's official... I'd never be able to buy that dagger :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post
    That's an interesting point you raise, not everybody can be a good merch. I'm not.
    And like energizeric says if you have a good way to make money you can't share it or it simply won't be a good way anymore.

To that I alwayd add that when everybody is merching, who will buy at a price from which you can profit?
    Merching is a skill just like everything else. Some players are not good at PvP, and then you have Predator. Some players are not good merchants either. It's just another aspect of the game, and just like everything else requires some skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I am one of those lucky players who bought the daggers for a very reasonable price on the first day when they appeared. And as Apollo and Energ say, I would not sell them for any price (Zeus, sorry for rejecting you so many times )

Why? The answer is simple - the daggers help me to enjoy the game better and I am not here to hoard virtual millions, I am here to enjoy the game in this very moment.

And even if the price will start to drop I will not regret, because thanks to the daggers my playing time is more comfortable since September.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carloanddar View Post
    Hi,

I just want to share something about level 36 Mythic Weapons being so overpriced in game especially the Mythic Daggers for rogues. It seems that at the time that STS released this Mythic Weapons few had the chance to get some unlike the Level 31 Mythic Weapons (Mythic Gun, Mythic Bow and Mythic Sword). I think this is the reason why Level 36 Mythic Weapons really cost that much. Imagine 30m-33m for a Perfect Gemed Mythic Daggers when there is an Arcane Weapon for Warrior that you can buy for 34-37m. So what's my point in sharing this? I just wish that STS will give their players a chance again to get the Level 36 Mythic Weapons from Locked Grand Crates and Elite Golden Puzzlebox so that those who really doesn't have that much gold will have the chance of owning a Level 36 Mythic Weapon. That's all! Cheers and Have Fun!
    Mythic weapons must be the most expincev mythics from all other mythics, and drop rate rarety what makes the game special, if everyone can get what they want then the mythic or arcane value will be destroied, and btw mythic daggers are like arcane weapon for rouges, rouges got their arcane released at lvl 26 and its unfair to have arcane weapon that its much weaker than other classes arcane weapons, so daggers are much much much stronger than hooks, so in a way ur buying arcane weapon for rouge for 30m while warrior pay 35 and mages pay 50. And ur complaining :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I do agree that Mythic Daggers is the best weapon right now for rogues and yes rogues got the first chance to have their arcane weapons but do you guys think that the arcane weapons have equal use right now? I'm sure all you will agree that it's not. Again, comparing an arcane weapon to a mythic weapon as all of you guys know, arcane weapon should cost a lot more right more? So with that being said, if sts won't give their players another chance to get lvl 36 Mythic Weapons from locked crates or EGP, why wouldn't they raise the stats of rogue's arcane weapons so it won't cost a lot cheaper than a Mythic Weapons. I do believe that it's called an Arcane Weapon since it's supposed to be better than any other Mythic Weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Arcane hooks are level 26, if they were level 31 then you could complain about them being weak. How would you feel getting killed by a level 26 weapon in pvp?
    Do not complain about the daggers being expensive. Why would anyone sell them lower when youre more than likely to sell them for 30m? If thats how much people would pay for it than thats how much it goes for. Most players wont even sell considering how much they dominate pvp/timed runs. On top of that you have collectors who absolutely love tho show them off in towns.
    But all is not lost. Im sure there will be other events/weekends and the next expansion that will make the prices go down.