Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Changing the PvP Scene!!! An initiative by <Pride>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Exclamation

that good zzzzzzzzz to see how it goes the initiative
    Good luck to all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

An off record pvp for practice will be good!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Don't change the old one.
    Just make a new arena, and don't break twinks' world!
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese:1415657
    +1

I just hope that players take note of this. Recent events have caused a massive spiral of miss-conduct and the game for most has now become unpleasant. IMO CTF arena should be a CTF arena. I've always thought this and the way that PVP has been created in this game has unfortunately been its own downfall, mostly due to AP's. CTF is now used as a killzone where players either go for a 1v1 or where they are ganged until they leave. Now there will be players on either side that will laugh at this like they think they have gotten one over on the other, but the reality is that everyone has been on the receiving end of it.

Time to try and actually play CTF. Bring back a proper game. Make it better.
    Players will keep doing this unless they get a proper 1v1 room and 5v5 room. Otherwise there is no other way of doing a 1v1/5v5 so they go to ctf arena
    Credits to Iady

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yea that was some match we had there They did good but we won would love to play more games like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all excellent points venom I totally agree with this post it reminds me of back when every one strived to get the one mythic item available (helm) excluding pets. when an all legendary user could still compete with great sucess. I new somewere underneth that rough warrior exterior of yours venom there you had game changing ideas

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    The purpose is to negate the effect that gear has on the two opposing sides, meaning that skill and team cooperation will be the differentiator on whether your team wins or loses.

And, while it is true that gear makes a large difference, there are many cases where the undergeared player will come out on top. This is the case in both PvP and PvE. I have run with countless Mythic and Arcane players who have failed miserably in elite maps that I breeze through in my upper-end Legendary gear and trusty Loki and Malison pets. I have beaten many Mythic players in PvP and have been run out of the arena by someone with equally mainstream gear that used his tanks effectively and knew when to press an attack and when to retreat.

Skills and tactics can make an average geared player a superstar, but mythic equipment cannot make a lackluster player a stud. The only time gear makes a substantial difference is in 1v1 fights, and when two opponents are equally skilled. In all other cases, skill is usually superior to gear, which is the whole point in ensuring balance between the two opponents. To go against a team of Arcane and Mythics with a group of Legendary and Epics is like showing up to a gun fight with a potato peeler - it's not fair and not fun for either side.

Perhaps you should learn a bit about twink and end game PvP - you are missing the finer details because all you are focusing on is the gear and end results. PvP in it's pure form is fun, challenging and leads to many friendships; it's a great place to test out new builds, new attack styles, new party tactics, etc. If all you do is just mash the 4 skill buttons, then you are missing out on the ebb and flow of a good, equally matched PvP contest.
    Oh ok so u say u need skill to play arcane legends umm i see many people in this game is theys first MMO. i just can say what is the porpuse to make pvp with same equip users??? MMORPG'S is a competitive games not a same users game.. for that i can play a campaing game (not online)

if u play in this game is to be better all the time not to be lower.. so why u lv up? to be lv 36 no? to use the best equip lv 36 no? to fight with lv 36 people and run high lv maps..

twink is the same than end game here. u fight with same lv people. ''Twinks'' normally are to kill high lv players. bcus u put a FULL best low lv gear. but sure maybe u think twinks are only to join a map to kill the same lv players maybe u never play another game.

@Venom: if u don't like my comment why u write? is my oppinion and u should respect it. if i want play AL i play if i don't want i don't play.. i don't care what game u play.

if i enjoy game or not is my oppinion. i just say why i don't like the idea its all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Alright folks, this war with Magnum has made many people realize that dirty play is harmful for everyone So today we tried a nice, fair game where both teams had 1 mauler each, one arcane staff, rest 3 players were pink weapon or mythic gun/bow. We actually rejected over geared players. So, it was an extremely fun game with no returns if dead.

I am making this thread to encourage this system amongst all Major and active, pro guilds. Why do we need to swap out the less geared players from EVERY Friggin Game??? Why not make it more interesting by balancing out both teams? You will actually feel better, trust me!! Easy kills = no fun, no good.

The Fair Play:

1) Balance teams with same number of warriors. 2 in each team would be great. 1 in each for extra fun.
    2) Look at number of Arcane/Mythics and try to balance it out between both teams.
    3) Try to keep a couple of under-geared players, even they deserve to have some fun
    4) Call in an under geared player in next team to balance the game instead of asking one to leave.
    5) If no under geared players are available, try switching your weapon
    6) Never Spot Block!!! It just shows you are weak and it ruins the game for everyone.
    7) Let people regroup in random games, be patient, do not spawn kill. They will come out eventually!!
    8) Decide in advance whether you want a no-returns game or returning is allowed.
    9) Enjoy PvP and let everyone else enjoy too. This game is meant to make you happy, not to ruin your mood

Guilds who are already practicing this:

Pride
    Magnum
    TEACH THIS TO TWINKS SIR. ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saribeau:1416366
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Alright folks, this war with Magnum has made many people realize that dirty play is harmful for everyone So today we tried a nice, fair game where both teams had 1 mauler each, one arcane staff, rest 3 players were pink weapon or mythic gun/bow. We actually rejected over geared players. So, it was an extremely fun game with no returns if dead.

I am making this thread to encourage this system amongst all Major and active, pro guilds. Why do we need to swap out the less geared players from EVERY Friggin Game??? Why not make it more interesting by balancing out both teams? You will actually feel better, trust me!! Easy kills = no fun, no good.

The Fair Play:

1) Balance teams with same number of warriors. 2 in each team would be great. 1 in each for extra fun.
    2) Look at number of Arcane/Mythics and try to balance it out between both teams.
    3) Try to keep a couple of under-geared players, even they deserve to have some fun
    4) Call in an under geared player in next team to balance the game instead of asking one to leave.
    5) If no under geared players are available, try switching your weapon
    6) Never Spot Block!!! It just shows you are weak and it ruins the game for everyone.
    7) Let people regroup in random games, be patient, do not spawn kill. They will come out eventually!!
    8) Decide in advance whether you want a no-returns game or returning is allowed.
    9) Enjoy PvP and let everyone else enjoy too. This game is meant to make you happy, not to ruin your mood

Guilds who are already practicing this:

Pride
    Magnum
    TEACH THIS TO TWINKS SIR. ty
    impossible
    Credits to Iady

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    Oh ok so u say u need skill to play arcane legends umm i see many people in this game is theys first MMO. i just can say what is the porpuse to make pvp with same equip users??? MMORPG'S is a competitive games not a same users game.. for that i can play a campaing game (not online)

if u play in this game is to be better all the time not to be lower.. so why u lv up? to be lv 36 no? to use the best equip lv 36 no? to fight with lv 36 people and run high lv maps..

twink is the same than end game here. u fight with same lv people. ''Twinks'' normally are to kill high lv players. bcus u put a FULL best low lv gear. but sure maybe u think twinks are only to join a map to kill the same lv players maybe u never play another game.

@Venom: if u don't like my comment why u write? is my oppinion and u should respect it. if i want play AL i play if i don't want i don't play.. i don't care what game u play.

if i enjoy game or not is my oppinion. i just say why i don't like the idea its all
    Did you even read my post? You completely missed the entire point and instead fixate on level disparity and gear.

First, twinks never fight players that are tens of levels higher - that would be insane and contrary to the definition of a twink.

Second, you cap for two reasons: to run elite maps (and get the best end-game loot) and to never be at a level disadvantage in end-game PvP.

Third, PvP in AL is +/- 2 levels, so it is possible to have a lv10 fighting a lv14, which sets up your lower level killing higher level player scenarios.

Fourth, not everyone levels to end-game. Builds, gear and tactics vary a lot between low level and end game....it is sufficiently different that someone who is pro at end-game may not be as good in twink levels.

Frankly, I am struggling to see what your point is here. It sounds like you would prefer to have an open PvP realm where end-gamers can stand around ganking every low level that enters. Perhaps that sounds like fun to you, but to me it sounds bush-league. I wouldn't pat myself on the back for a job well done killing a player 15 levels lower than me. Instead, I get far more satisfaction when I kill a group that is trying to gang/spawn me. The essence of PvP isn't just a kill stat, it should be the give and take of two equally matched teams and the strategy and cooperation that is necessary to win a match.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Did you even read my post? You completely missed the entire point and instead fixate on level disparity and gear.

First, twinks never fight players that are tens of levels higher - that would be insane and contrary to the definition of a twink.

Second, you cap for two reasons: to run elite maps (and get the best end-game loot) and to never be at a level disadvantage in end-game PvP.

Third, PvP in AL is +/- 2 levels, so it is possible to have a lv10 fighting a lv14, which sets up your lower level killing higher level player scenarios.

Fourth, not everyone levels to end-game. Builds, gear and tactics vary a lot between low level and end game....it is sufficiently different that someone who is pro at end-game may not be as good in twink levels.

Frankly, I am struggling to see what your point is here. It sounds like you would prefer to have an open PvP realm where end-gamers can stand around ganking every low level that enters. Perhaps that sounds like fun to you, but to me it sounds bush-league. I wouldn't pat myself on the back for a job well done killing a player 15 levels lower than me. Instead, I get far more satisfaction when I kill a group that is trying to gang/spawn me. The essence of PvP isn't just a kill stat, it should be the give and take of two equally matched teams and the strategy and cooperation that is necessary to win a match.
    A l10 fighting a l14 is impossible, a l12 is able to fight a 10, but a l14 would be locked out of from level requirements, vice versa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

its always nice to play games like this... but its almost impossible to organize it like this(for most people, not all)
    .. its like saying change the human nature
    tho +1 for sharing this

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    its always nice to play games like this... but its almost impossible to organize it like this(for most people, not all)
    .. its like saying change the human nature
    tho +1 for sharing this
    exactly.. however, most players want to complete their flag AP
    RETIRED ARCANE LEGEND

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

ok u don't understand me..

im not talking about pvp lv 36 vs 20.. im talking about making this ''balance'' pvp GEAR is not good.. anything is fair in life. and i think if u wanna go to pvp in lv 36 and u haven't good set is only ur problem. u can keep pvp until u get good pvp gear.

im not talking about pvp 36lv vs 10lv is stupid to think that.

twink: normally if u make a twink is to kill high lv players (obviusly u are not going to create a lv 10 to kill a lv 30..) but lv 26-30 vs lv 36 is possible. (obviusly im not talking about ''arena'' or pvp room) im talking about free pvp in any map/town..

maybe u can't understand me if u have never played another mmorpg (like Aion, Metin2,) this 2 games are only 2 examples of games u can create a ''twink'' can kill high lv players BUT obviusly don't forgot the point is not the same a high lv with GOOD GEAR and a high lv with a normal GEAR. normally ''Mytic'' is better than ''Legendary'' but AL have only mytic for high lv players and not full mytic set for ''twinks''

and this game have only ''dungeons'' haven't a free world. where u can go to fight the opposing factions..

I understand ur point to create a ''strategy to win'' but i don't agree to create all the match only with a legendary people GEAR (lv 36 Legendary Gear vs 36 with legendary) and lv 36 mytic vs36 mytic and lv 36 arcane vs 36 with arcane..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

ok u don't understand me..

im not talking about pvp lv 36 vs 20.. im talking about making this ''balance'' pvp GEAR is not good.. anything is fair in life. and i think if u wanna go to pvp in lv 36 and u haven't good set is only ur problem. u can keep pvp until u get good pvp gear.

im not talking about pvp 36lv vs 10lv is stupid to think that.

twink: normally if u make a twink is to kill high lv players (obviusly u are not going to create a lv 10 to kill a lv 30..) but lv 26-30 vs lv 36 is possible. (obviusly im not talking about ''arena'' or pvp room) im talking about free pvp in any map/town..

maybe u can't understand me if u have never played another mmorpg (like Aion, Metin2,) this 2 games are only 2 examples of games u can create a ''twink'' can kill high lv players BUT obviusly don't forgot the point is not the same a high lv with GOOD GEAR and a high lv with a normal GEAR. normally ''Mytic'' is better than ''Legendary'' but AL have only mytic for high lv players and not full mytic set for ''twinks''

and this game have only ''dungeons'' haven't a free world. where u can go to fight the opposing factions..

I understand ur point to create a ''strategy to win'' but i don't agree to create all the match only with a legendary people GEAR (lv 36 Legendary Gear vs 36 with legendary) and lv 36 mytic vs36 mytic and lv 36 arcane vs 36 with arcane..
    Now I am starting to understand...thanks for the clarification.

I think what Venom was saying was to not exclude Legendary players, but rather to allow them to join and keep some semblance of balance between the two teams. I've been in matches where I am either ganged or players on my team bail out simply because I'm not Mythic. It's kind of funny because those same players that bail out on me and join the other team usually find that I can be a handful if my party is remotely decent.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

So, if Lv. 36 (full mythic/arcane) mages can't kill Lv. 36 warriors, how do you think Lv. 26 mage is going to do against one? Go figure, dude.

And, IMO, there is nothing wrong with that. What are the drawbacks I see? None.

@Venom: if u don't like my comment why u write? is my oppinion and u should respect it. if i want play AL i play if i don't want i don't play.. i don't care what game u play.if i enjoy game or not is my oppinion. i just say why i don't like the idea its all
    And I hope you do realize that your earlier post in page 1 wasn't very respectful either. You should respect Venom's opinion as well, and that goes for everyone, not just you.
    Last edited by Instanthumor; 01-08-2014 at 10:23 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

STS should make a GUILD WAR PVP room. To prevent BLOCK from rival guilds. So you can join only in your Guild side.
    Automatic limit the number of Warrior per team. 2-3 is good. 4-5 wasted game. BORING.
    Too much warior in game is so boring.
    Spawn kill is ok as long as its 5on5. make game more interesting. Its a strategy i.e to prevent RG.
    For me blocking and uneven number of wars STS should focus on.

Too much horn will kill u.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Balance team?LOL Use underpower gear? Lmfao PVP IS WAR!! .... This is the most childish pvp community I've ever seen in any game....
    Pvp is supposed to be : enter room, finish opposite team, leave... free for allll!!!
    What pride and magnum did was an event not pvp...
    I lold so hard after reading OP(over sugar coating....) Pvp is supposed to be War( not verbal war lol) , not a kitty party.. . The op is giving bad example of playing pvp which will ruin all the fun at endgame pvp as people will say go, and use words like rushing etc etc..

-coming from a hardcore mmo endgame pvp player since 7 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rubenmagkalas View Post
    Spawn kill is ok as long as its 5on5. make game more interesting. Its a strategy i.e to prevent RG.
    IMO, spawn-killing is generally frowned upon, and usually, people would want the opposing team to regroup anyways. Good people, that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    IMO, spawn-killing is generally frowned upon, and usually, people would want the opposing team to regroup anyways. Good people, that is.
    If u let enemy regroup its a friendly game. Its your choice if u let your enemy do that. I have no problem with that.

But for me its GUILD WAR. WAR.
    Its a challenge on both side to regroup in any means they can. Play with strategy.