Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mythic Pendant and Ring Upgrade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Default Mythic Pendant and Ring Upgrade

So I was thinking that instead of coming out with entirely new mythic accessories why doesn't sts just create an upgrade quest like they did for the armors to make them lvl 36? It could follow the same formula as the armors in that you would have to speak to an NPC and then do some crazy long quest to obtain shards or something.

I bring this up cause I know a lot of capped players who have mentioned that they would love a new difficult quest at end game, and by upgrading these two items to lvl 36 it would make for an entertaining and worthy quest line to keep them busy and power up at the same time.

So for example, the Blood Ruby could be upgraded to something like "The Blood Heart of Shuyal" and the pendants could be something like, "The Amulet of Disaster - The Stellar Pendant - Claw of Fenrir" -- and to make it more interesting they could also create a cool new particle effect for the necklaces to denote the class it belongs to like they did with archon rings.

I dunno, just a thought considering that these items have been around for a while and we could use something else to look forward to and build upon for these slightly outdated mythics.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 01-07-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bad idea. Now no one needs to work and save for new mythic rings and pendants. No one would be farming elites again because everyone already has the best equips.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Badassthor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

What would be the point of legendary gear then if all you had to pay was a 500k-1M premium for Mythic gear in order for it to last multiple campaigns?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts

Haha this is the last season for the mythic Rings and amulets to be the best! Sell them before they become twink
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Haha this is the last season for the mythic Rings and amulets to be the best! Sell them before they become twink
    Try compare twink item with end game item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

It's been said way too many times to type up all the 'why,' but upgrading gear like this is horrible for the game. Both for sts' finances, as well as players' entertainment.

The Shuyal expansion was a flop because everyone with mythic gear last season already had the new best gear.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

before this theys should change the mytic upgrade after up u lost the ''gems'' thhis i think is stupid. after upgrade ur armor should be the same with the same stone but upgraded and lv 36..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

No, no, no.. No more upgrades. I want to actually enjoy the expansion.

If it takes all expansion for my gear, so be it.. At least i won't be bored after a month.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

All u guys keep saying everybody has this already everybody has that already...do you not even see how many people that play the game that don't have a speck of mythic? I was fortunate enough to enjoy them since the 31cap, but I know so many casual players that work at getting it but just aren't there yet. I'm not a rich player by any means, but over course of my first month I spent a hefty sum of cash greeting what I got, if it all becomes worthless...what would be the point in obtaining it in the first place?...not trying to be rude to previous posts even tho it may look that way
    :-P

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I think dev could still upgrade mythic gear while at the same time, with the new expansion, they could introduce the new ARCANE GEAR!!!
    This way the players having already the mythic gear will work to get the arcane gear and the ones that still don't have the mythic gear can keep working to get mythics or arcanes or both of them

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VanRah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Badassthor View Post
    Bad idea. Now no one needs to work and save for new mythic rings and pendants. No one would be farming elites again because everyone already has the best equips.
    I don't think everyone has the BEST equips maybe 5-10% of AL player does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Lol it's about 1-2%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    All u guys keep saying everybody has this already everybody has that already...do you not even see how many people that play the game that don't have a speck of mythic? I was fortunate enough to enjoy them since the 31cap, but I know so many casual players that work at getting it but just aren't there yet. I'm not a rich player by any means, but over course of my first month I spent a hefty sum of cash greeting what I got, if it all becomes worthless...what would be the point in obtaining it in the first place?...not trying to be rude to previous posts even tho it may look that way
    :-P

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Exactly, let's not generalize by saying EVERYONE has mythics because we know for sure that isn't the case. Not all of us run around in circles with people who are armed to the teeth with new mythics and/or arcanes. And let's face it, the only mythic items that are cap relevant are the armors, the new weapons, and the arcane staff which are damn near impossible to get atm without paying extraordinary premiums.

I just think the accessories could use a buff to keep them as relevant as the armors or for all we know they could introduce a new set all together. It just seems like the former with a quest would be a fun and entertaining way to keep capped players without new arcanes or mythics that may be coming interested in buying them. I would hate to see the pendants and ring become completely obsolete after going to great lengths to obtain them, not all of us have been playing long enough to have enjoyed them for two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    I think dev could still upgrade mythic gear while at the same time, with the new expansion, they could introduce the new ARCANE GEAR!!!
    This way the players having already the mythic gear will work to get the arcane gear and the ones that still don't have the mythic gear can keep working to get mythics or arcanes or both of them
    My point exactly!
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 01-08-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

No arcane gear, arcane is already very op. Imagine: Arcane helm, weapon, arcane body. Rogues with 2k armor+, 700 damage and 4k+ hp?
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Idea:

Its simple make old mythic gears upgradable just lk in last expansion

BUT

The upgrade would be damn difficult.
    Like finding a special rear boss in every new map after killing the boss of the map that will loot a certain ingredient ( this special boss is hard and rare, as rare as finding Bael II ecc or even rarer).
    Each boss loot a different ingredient and five ingredients (untradeble and not always droppable ) upgrades a old myth to the new type.

People will farm all day like crazy for a very long time, Eh.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-08-2014 at 12:01 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Doesn't matter what you call it, all you'll be doing is shifting everything up one level. Prices will settle and be the same, and then in 3 months you'll be complaining that you need arcane gear to compete in PvP.

Your solution is like if the government prints more money to help the economy become richer. All that happens is inflation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desperoto View Post
    No arcane gear, arcane is already very op. Imagine: Arcane helm, weapon, arcane body. Rogues with 2k armor+, 700 damage and 4k+ hp?
    I quit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

So you say it's okay to upgrade mythics again because not many people have them anyway?
    That's just making the rich richer then. As mythic players start the season off with top gear already...and are then able to farm the crap out of elite maps and make a killing off the elite pinks to all the non-mythic players.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    So you say it's okay to upgrade mythics again because not many people have them anyway?
    That's just making the rich richer then. As mythic players start the season off with top gear already...and are then able to farm the crap out of elite maps and make a killing off the elite pinks to all the non-mythic players.
    But when you come to think of it, don't you think that's already happening?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmmm...release a new sets of lv36 mythics same stat. like upgraded mythic. .but different looks and effects...