Thread: Dep's big pvp guide [v 0.1] *0.2 tomorrow 6PM EST*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Exclamation Dep's big pvp guide [v 0.2] *0.3 tomorrow 6PM EST*

***MUST READ*** Dep here I'll be uploading this guide in bits and pieces, when I have time to. View the update log for more information. P.S. The guide is sorted by lvl (5-56). (Guide formatted for desktop site)

*NOTE: sorry for the late release. My power was out last night lol.

---UPDATE LOG---
    1/7/14- Creation. Added lvl 5 rhino.
    1/9/14- Added lvl 10 bear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**PART ONE** LEVELS 5 AND 10

LEVEL 5 RHINO

First off, let me tell you, it wrecks. *proof*

Name:  kdr png.png
Views: 274
Size:  28.0 KB

All the other narbs in the lvl 5 pvp range don't stand a chance against this 10 armor "tank" (giggle).

The Build

Name:  build.png
Views: 256
Size:  104.7 KB

As you can see above, the build is 1 Charge and 3 Restoration. The 3 Restoration is absolutely necessary in order to tank the other level 5's you will meet. Bears are probably the hardest, given they have rage and therefore a large damage boost. *WARNING* If you've seen any other guides with 1+ Rhino Might, do NOT do that. It wastes vital mana, and does almost no damage anyway.

Stat Distribution

Name:  stat dist.png
Views: 249
Size:  13.6 KB

The stat distribution is 7 str, 22 int, and 1 dex. The need for the 22 int is for the Alchemist Armor (see "stats" spoiler for more information). You may try the other stats, but you will lose faster and more often than if you go int.

The Gear (plus stats)

Name:  lyso.png
Views: 250
Size:  20.7 KB

The Lysorian helm is by far the best helm for a level 5 rhino twink. It offers the most crit of any helm, but is very rare. There are lower, weaker versions of it, but I use the level 4 version, as it is the highest (to my knowledge).

Name:  necro png.png
Views: 254
Size:  24.9 KB

The Necromancer staff is your primary weapon (purchasable in the Plat Store for 5 plat). It does the most damage of any level 5 staff, and is the only level 5 green staff.

Name:  flaming axe png.png
Views: 252
Size:  23.8 KB

This Flaming Axe is your best bet for an axe. Purchasable in the Plat Store for 5 plat, it can be used with 7 strength. It also has fire proc, which may do extra damage to your enemy.

Name:  virtuos png.png
Views: 253
Size:  20.4 KB

The Broken Shield of Virtuos is my favorite level 1 shield. It offers an extra 1 int (for extra skill damage/restoration), 1 armor (the highest amount for a level 1 shield), and is pretty much the only level 1 shield besides the cheap ones purchasable from Ozz or a different NPC merch.

Name:  stats.png
Size:  23.7 KB

The stats with the staff loadout. (just for giggles)

Strategies

Bear
    Since there is really no need to kite bears (they mostly use 3 rage, 1 stomp), all you have to do is back up every 5 seconds to evade their puny 4m stomp, and you're all set.

Mage
    There really are none, but all you have to do is out-tank them. It'll be a near endless fight anyway, if they're using a 3 heal, 1 frost build. But overall, they're pretty squishy at level 5.

Bird
    All I have to say is... OMG Y SO EZ?! Birds are very easy, especially after the nerf. The fight lasts about 30 seconds. All you have to do is out-tank them, and charge as much as possible to stay in range.

Fox
    See "bird"

Rhino
    Don't even bother. There will not be a victor in a fight against another rhino using this build. HOWEVER, if you know for a fact they're using Rhino Might, give it a go. No hurt in trying.
    There you have it, guys. One of the most in-depth guides for level 5 rhino. Enjoy!

LEVEL 10 BEAR [w/ post forg]

Pre-forg, this was arguably the most fun lvl and class in the game. Before idiots weren't trolling with forgs, and respect existed in the game, 10 was a viable lvl. It still is, of course. 10 will hopefully never die.

Pre-Forg Build:
    6 Rage
    2 Stomp
    1 Super Mega Slash (sms)

Now, you may be saying "only 2 stomp? are u crazy dep? ur my fav mage anyway.", but 2 stomp was all that was necessary. All the new ppl wait 'til 4m to stomp anyway, nowadays. Anyway, you basically want to get in to 5m-6m and then use your pro stomp/sms combo. Hopefully, they get stunned and thrown back. With more luck, you'll be free to move and stomp/sms them again if they're still immobilized.

Post-Forg Build:
    5 Rage
    3 Stomp
    1 Sms

Yeah, yeah. 5 Rage. Since you're using the nubish forg anyway, you only need the range. The bow does the rest for you.

Stats:
    Full Dex
    7 Str (base)
    1 int (base)

Gear:

Pre-Forg
    Sniper's Helm
    Sniper's Talon
    Expert/Artisan* Armor
    Sniper's Shield

* I used to use artisan, and i got roughly a 2.5:1 kdr. All u flamers out there can just use expert.

Post-Forg
    Sniper's Helm
    Punctually Forgotten Bow
    Expert Armor

This really requires no explanation.

Strategies

Mage: Make sure to stay close, so they can't kite you. I'd have to recommend that you don't fight any mages besides ones roughly your level. The reason is, you only have 2 stomp, lol.

Bird: None really exist at this level, but stay close so you can stomp/slash them.

Bear: Get in to 5m-6m, then stomp slash. The goal here is to stun them and crit spasm. You'll be even more lucky if you're not stunned.

Rhino: See bird. Though there's no need to attempt to stay close due to charge, it is still necessary you take this class seriously.

Fox: See bird and rhino.

*NOTE: no screenies because I lvled my 10.

Next up is lvl 13 bear. After that, we'll take a look at lvl 17 bear.

© Depury 2014 v0.2 (lol... autq)
    Last edited by Depury; 01-09-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    I AM..... Depury | Hammerologist | Mydadsapizza | Lvlbearz | Lvlbatti | Lvlflight | Dished | Rhinotacular | Truesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

let me tell you, it wrecks, *proof*
    it only prove dat ur l5 rhino is a "narb" having ~130 combat exp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    it only prove dat ur l5 rhino is a "narb" having ~130 combat exp.
    Huh?
    I AM..... Depury | Hammerologist | Mydadsapizza | Lvlbearz | Lvlbatti | Lvlflight | Dished | Rhinotacular | Truesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Depury View Post

The only thing it's telling me is you farm noobs.
    OG

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heroelite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heroelite View Post
    The only thing it's telling me is you farm noobs.
    -.- I didn't farm noobs... there are other level 5's you know...

Hate moar pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

lel "pre forg was so fun"

join date Feb 13
    lmao

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I don't remember that many level 5 twinks out there to actually get that many kills.
    Or did you fight level 10/12s? O_o

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhurtz View Post

join date Feb 13
    Forum join date means nothing, I joined forums about a year and a half after I started playing
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ubernewber For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernewber View Post
    Forum join date means nothing, I joined forums about a year and a half after I started playing

i joined a year after as well :$ forum date means absolutely nothing
    nothing lasts forever

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Depury View Post
    ***MUST READ*** Dep here I'll be uploading this guide in bits and pieces, when I have time to. View the update log for more information. P.S. The guide is sorted by lvl (5-56). (Guide formatted for desktop site)

*NOTE: sorry for the late release. My power was out last night lol.

---UPDATE LOG---
    1/7/14- Creation. Added lvl 5 rhino.
    1/9/14- Added lvl 10 bear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**PART ONE** LEVELS 5 AND 10

LEVEL 5 RHINO

All the other narbs in the lvl 5 pvp range don't stand a chance against this 10 armor "tank" (giggle).

The Build

Name:  build.png
Views: 256
Size:  104.7 KB

As you can see above, the build is 1 Charge and 3 Restoration. The 3 Restoration is absolutely necessary in order to tank the other level 5's you will meet. Bears are probably the hardest, given they have rage and therefore a large damage boost. *WARNING* If you've seen any other guides with 1+ Rhino Might, do NOT do that. It wastes vital mana, and does almost no damage anyway.

Stat Distribution

Name:  stat dist.png
Views: 249
Size:  13.6 KB

The stat distribution is 7 str, 22 int, and 1 dex. The need for the 22 int is for the Alchemist Armor (see "stats" spoiler for more information). You may try the other stats, but you will lose faster and more often than if you go int.

The Gear (plus stats)

Name:  lyso.png
Size:  20.7 KB

The Lysorian helm is by far the best helm for a level 5 rhino twink. It offers the most crit of any helm, but is very rare. There are lower, weaker versions of it, but I use the level 4 version, as it is the highest (to my knowledge).

Name:  necro png.png
Views: 254
Size:  24.9 KB

The Necromancer staff is your primary weapon (purchasable in the Plat Store for 5 plat). It does the most damage of any level 5 staff, and is the only level 5 green staff.

Name:  flaming axe png.png
Views: 252
Size:  23.8 KB

This Flaming Axe is your best bet for an axe. Purchasable in the Plat Store for 5 plat, it can be used with 7 strength. It also has fire proc, which may do extra damage to your enemy.

Name:  virtuos png.png
Views: 253
Size:  20.4 KB

The Broken Shield of Virtuos is my favorite level 1 shield. It offers an extra 1 int (for extra skill damage/restoration), 1 armor (the highest amount for a level 1 shield), and is pretty much the only level 1 shield besides the cheap ones purchasable from Ozz or a different NPC merch.

Name:  stats.png
Size:  23.7 KB

The stats with the staff loadout. (just for giggles)

Strategies

Bear
    Since there is really no need to kite bears (they mostly use 3 rage, 1 stomp), all you have to do is back up every 5 seconds to evade their puny 4m stomp, and you're all set.

Mage
    There really are none, but all you have to do is out-tank them. It'll be a near endless fight anyway, if they're using a 3 heal, 1 frost build. But overall, they're pretty squishy at level 5.

Bird
    All I have to say is... OMG Y SO EZ?! Birds are very easy, especially after the nerf. The fight lasts about 30 seconds. All you have to do is out-tank them, and charge as much as possible to stay in range.

Fox
    See "bird"

Rhino
    Don't even bother. There will not be a victor in a fight against another rhino using this build. HOWEVER, if you know for a fact they're using Rhino Might, give it a go. No hurt in trying.
    There you have it, guys. One of the most in-depth guides for level 5 rhino. Enjoy!

LEVEL 10 BEAR [w/ post forg]

Pre-forg, this was arguably the most fun lvl and class in the game. Before idiots weren't trolling with forgs, and respect existed in the game, 10 was a viable lvl. It still is, of course. 10 will hopefully never die.

Pre-Forg Build:
    6 Rage
    2 Stomp
    1 Super Mega Slash (sms)

Now, you may be saying "only 2 stomp? are u crazy dep? ur my fav mage anyway.", but 2 stomp was all that was necessary. All the new ppl wait 'til 4m to stomp anyway, nowadays. Anyway, you basically want to get in to 5m-6m and then use your pro stomp/sms combo. Hopefully, they get stunned and thrown back. With more luck, you'll be free to move and stomp/sms them again if they're still immobilized.

Post-Forg Build:
    5 Rage
    3 Stomp
    1 Sms

Yeah, yeah. 5 Rage. Since you're using the nubish forg anyway, you only need the range. The bow does the rest for you.

Stats:
    Full Dex
    7 Str (base)
    1 int (base)

Gear:

Pre-Forg
    Sniper's Helm
    Sniper's Talon
    Expert/Artisan* Armor
    Sniper's Shield

* I used to use artisan, and i got roughly a 2.5:1 kdr. All u flamers out there can just use expert.

Post-Forg
    Sniper's Helm
    Punctually Forgotten Bow
    Expert Armor

This really requires no explanation.

Strategies

Mage: Make sure to stay close, so they can't kite you. I'd have to recommend that you don't fight any mages besides ones roughly your level. The reason is, you only have 2 stomp, lol.

Bird: None really exist at this level, but stay close so you can stomp/slash them.

Bear: Get in to 5m-6m, then stomp slash. The goal here

© Depury 2014 v0.2 (lol... autq)
    LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhurtz View Post

join date Feb 13
    that's forums, lol. i memorized my real join date. 1-8-11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SayCreed View Post
    LOL
    umm?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Kinda odd that you used talon + wing pre-forg and used forg post-forg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lift View Post
    Lul because pre forg there were no forgs! And post forg (release) there were! *mind explosion*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Depury:1612119
    Quote Originally Posted by Lift View Post
    Lul because pre forg there were no forgs! And post forg (release) there were! *mind explosion*
    Lol^^ Swaggy are u alright?
    ya YEET